Warrington Away - Play offs - Thursday Night

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
RonnieGibbs'forearm
Danny Orr
Posts: 2059
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:20 am
Location: On the brink

Re: Warrington Away - Play offs - Thursday Night

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:14 pm

Sharlotiger wrote:
ERG2012 wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:Interesting perspective and a position we were in in1999 when we went to the fourth and third placed teams and won against expectations. So who knows?
Let's hope they have the same hunger and mindset as that band of brothers...
Unfortunately the 2019 bunch don't have the fighting spirit that the 99 Vowles led team had and we will go out with a wimper like we did at Wigan on Thursday.
Nowhere near. How many leaders in that 99 side...
Vowles, Deano, Orr, Davis, Fritz, Gay, Raper. Unreal. Even Sykes, Harland.
Image

thedogvinnie
Dean Widders
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:19 pm

Re: Warrington Away - Play offs - Thursday Night

Post by thedogvinnie » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:16 pm

Sharlotiger wrote:
ERG2012 wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:Interesting perspective and a position we were in in1999 when we went to the fourth and third placed teams and won against expectations. So who knows?
Let's hope they have the same hunger and mindset as that band of brothers...
Unfortunately the 2019 bunch don't have the fighting spirit that the 99 Vowles led team had and we will go out with a wimper like we did at Wigan on Thursday.
YAWN.
Why are you here? just asking

Sharlotiger
Danny Orr
Posts: 1148
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: WAKEFIELD

Re: Warrington Away - Play offs - Thursday Night

Post by Sharlotiger » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:18 pm

thedogvinnie wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
ERG2012 wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:Interesting perspective and a position we were in in1999 when we went to the fourth and third placed teams and won against expectations. So who knows?
Let's hope they have the same hunger and mindset as that band of brothers...
Unfortunately the 2019 bunch don't have the fighting spirit that the 99 Vowles led team had and we will go out with a wimper like we did at Wigan on Thursday.
YAWN.
Why are you here? just asking
Because the good Lord hasn't taken me yet, only a matter of time Vinnie.

thedogvinnie
Dean Widders
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:19 pm

Re: Warrington Away - Play offs - Thursday Night

Post by thedogvinnie » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:20 pm

Sharlotiger wrote:
thedogvinnie wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
ERG2012 wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:Interesting perspective and a position we were in in1999 when we went to the fourth and third placed teams and won against expectations. So who knows?
Let's hope they have the same hunger and mindset as that band of brothers...
Unfortunately the 2019 bunch don't have the fighting spirit that the 99 Vowles led team had and we will go out with a wimper like we did at Wigan on Thursday.
YAWN.
Why are you here? just asking
Because the good Lord hasn't taken me yet, only a matter of time Vinnie.

aye for us all mare, int it great being cheerful

Tamworth Tiger
Michael Eagar
Posts: 4022
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:29 pm

Re: Warrington Away - Play offs - Thursday Night

Post by Tamworth Tiger » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:35 pm

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
ERG2012 wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:Interesting perspective and a position we were in in1999 when we went to the fourth and third placed teams and won against expectations. So who knows?
Let's hope they have the same hunger and mindset as that band of brothers...
Unfortunately the 2019 bunch don't have the fighting spirit that the 99 Vowles led team had and we will go out with a wimper like we did at Wigan on Thursday.
Nowhere near. How many leaders in that 99 side...
Vowles, Deano, Orr, Davis, Fritz, Gay, Raper. Unreal. Even Sykes, Harland.
Yet fantastic as that team was, they didn’t win anything or reach a final
Image

high town tiger
Sean Rudder
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:55 pm

Re: Warrington Away - Play offs - Thursday Night

Post by high town tiger » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:42 pm

odds for remaining five to win grand final
st helens 1.83
wigan 3.00
warrington 6.50
Salford 15.00
Castleford 29.00
think its worth a small punt on are tigers 29/1 very generous odds

Sharlotiger
Danny Orr
Posts: 1148
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:02 pm
Location: WAKEFIELD

Re: Warrington Away - Play offs - Thursday Night

Post by Sharlotiger » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:24 pm

high town tiger wrote:odds for remaining five to win grand final
st helens 1.83
wigan 3.00
warrington 6.50
Salford 15.00
Castleford 29.00
think its worth a small punt on are tigers 29/1 very generous odds
Keep your money in your pocket, Black Bull might open again soon .

Squaddie86
Dean Widders
Posts: 462
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:42 am

Re: Warrington Away - Play offs - Thursday Night

Post by Squaddie86 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:53 pm

high town tiger wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:42 pm
odds for remaining five to win grand final
st helens 1.83
wigan 3.00
warrington 6.50
Salford 15.00
Castleford 29.00
think its worth a small punt on are tigers 29/1 very generous odds
Mines going on Wigan tbh. At 3s, on form, gelling at the right time... very worth it.

tigerfeat
Dale Fritz
Posts: 7279
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: Warrington Away - Play offs - Thursday Night

Post by tigerfeat » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:51 am

4pts start Cas getting with bookies got a feeling Cas will win myself
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

User avatar
yorky
Luke Gale
Posts: 3362
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:50 pm
Location: York, UK

Re: Warrington Away - Play offs - Thursday Night

Post by yorky » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:02 am

no Jesse or Massey, i think we will struggle?

duke street 10
Danny Orr
Posts: 1625
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:22 pm
Location: glasshoughton,our new home?

Re: Warrington Away - Play offs - Thursday Night

Post by duke street 10 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:25 am

Time to make some changes for Thurs. Drop Ellis....move McShane to six with a plan to harass Austin,Jake to scrum half. Pete M. to take the goal kicking duties and bring Jacques O'Neill in at 9. Like the kid's enthusiasm....something the young wigan players had despite going over the line with things sometimes on Thurs.

The rest of pack could be a case of picking who's fit & available.

Ken Smith
Kirk Dixon
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:44 am

Re: Warrington Away - Play offs - Thursday Night

Post by Ken Smith » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:39 am

The facts are that Warrington have won only once since the 6th July in 8 Super League matches. Also Cas have won 3 of their last 6 away matches at Warrington, so these seem compelling reasons that Cas have every chance of winning on Thursday.

Swagger
Junior Moors
Posts: 832
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:14 pm

Re: Warrington Away - Play offs - Thursday Night

Post by Swagger » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:01 am

Rankin
Clare
Blair
Pete
Minikin
Jake
Ellis
Watts
McShane
Millington
Holmes
McMeekan
Milner

Cook
Smith
Clarkson
Maher

More than likely will be the squad. Decent enough if we can get some sort of attack going.

Leeds tiger
Dean Widders
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:43 pm

Re: Warrington Away - Play offs - Thursday Night

Post by Leeds tiger » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:44 am

Ellis gets a lot of stick and most of it is rightly so. Someone who doesn’t get any is Clarkson who may be the most ineffective forward we’ve had for the past 5 years ( even including big will who has outperformed him in my eyes this season). He very rarely makes metres and would be well down the pecking order for the wire game if I were choosing the team.

high town tiger
Sean Rudder
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:55 pm

Re: Warrington Away - Play offs - Thursday Night

Post by high town tiger » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:50 am

Leeds tiger wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:44 am
Ellis gets a lot of stick and most of it is rightly so. Someone who doesn’t get any is Clarkson who may be the most ineffective forward we’ve had for the past 5 years ( even including big will who has outperformed him in my eyes this season). He very rarely makes metres and would be well down the pecking order for the wire game if I were choosing the team.
very true mate hope we don't over him another waist off a contract because he's cheap

Post Reply