Warrington Away - Play offs - Thursday Night

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Warrington Away - Play offs - Thursday Night

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Sep 2019, 15:10

high town tiger wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 14:26
heritage1926 wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 14:02 Thursday is very winnable, Warrington are in disgraceful form. We then more than likely play Salford, who if their game against Wigan is anything like ours the other day, they will of had a bruising 80 minutes, which then makes that winnable. My only worry then is, we then go in to a game against Wigan who are in form or St Helens who are fresh. Not a chance we have that much in us at this stage of the season.
I agree what's being said in league express even with out Jesse are forwards still powerful enough but it will be half backs that will probably let us down if don't match there's. Like somebody else said on here would not play Ellis put Macca in halfs. If trueman as one off his better games we will have a chance but if halfs play like they did against St Helens and Wigan away we will struggle to rack any points up.
The pack dominated against Hull trueman looked a million dollars Ellis even looked ok
Against Wigan there forwards dominated ours are half backs didn't look so good it's not rocket science
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 16 Sep 2019, 15:44

tigerfeat wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 15:10
heritage1926 wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 14:02 Thursday is very winnable, Warrington are in disgraceful form. We then more than likely play Salford, who if their game against Wigan is anything like ours the other day, they will of had a bruising 80 minutes, which then makes that winnable. My only worry then is, we then go in to a game against Wigan who are in form or St Helens who are fresh. Not a chance we have that much in us at this stage of the season.
I agree what's being said in league express even with out Jesse are forwards still powerful enough but it will be half backs that will probably let us down if don't match there's. Like somebody else said on here would not play Ellis put Macca in halfs. If trueman as one off his better games we will have a chance but if halfs play like they did against St Helens and Wigan away we will struggle to rack any points up.
The pack dominated against Hull trueman looked a million dollars Ellis even looked ok
Against Wigan there forwards dominated ours are half backs didn't look so good it's not rocket science
Tigerfeat, it was as if I’d wrote that myself. However, Flow won’t accept that reasoning.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 16 Sep 2019, 16:09

Recruitment never done indeed; I'd be very surprised if at least 2 more aren't brought in
Audacter Et Sincere

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 16 Sep 2019, 16:56

Jesse banned for two games so Ogi to play probably full game in left edge second row. To be fair he’s in some good form at minute so no hardship I don’t think.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 16 Sep 2019, 17:21

daytona wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 16:56 Jesse banned for two games so Ogi to play probably full game in left edge second row. To be fair he’s in some good form at minute so no hardship I don’t think.

I think 2 matches is about right. Accept that and he’s definitely back for round 1 next season (the Wire game + the 1 pre-season game that can be counted towards his ban). If we win our next two, he’ll e fresh for a tilt in the semi-final.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 16 Sep 2019, 17:26

Matty Smith banned for Thursday night.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 16 Sep 2019, 17:29

heritage1926 wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 17:26 Matty Smith banned for Thursday night.
That benefits Warrington more than us

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 16 Sep 2019, 17:40

Mysterio wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 16:09 Recruitment never done indeed; I'd be very surprised if at least 2 more aren't brought in
You'd be wrong then. Unless we sell or somebody retires

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Sep 2019, 17:45

nottinghamtiger wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 17:21
daytona wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 16:56 Jesse banned for two games so Ogi to play probably full game in left edge second row. To be fair he’s in some good form at minute so no hardship I don’t think.

I think 2 matches is about right. Accept that and he’s definitely back for round 1 next season (the Wire game + the 1 pre-season game that can be counted towards his ban). If we win our next two, he’ll e fresh for a tilt in the semi-final.
I think we should appeal. It's the top end of the scale for that particular offence (Grade A-C), the next one being full contact.

Jesse's record speaks for itself, his character is second to none and there's a reasonableness to show that it wasn't deliberately. I thought it was clumsy at the time to try and complete the tackle but I don't think there was a maliciousness or aggressiveness about it. No injury was caused, and there's also ways we can demonstrate provocation by Wigan throughout the game by doing niggly things. He's had no previous bans and only been looked at 5 times.

I'd like to think we could get it downgraded to a B and 1 game ban on this premise. Sean O'Loughlin has got away with it for years and he's a serial offender for high and dangerous tackles.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Sep 2019, 17:47

fords wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 17:40
Mysterio wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 16:09 Recruitment never done indeed; I'd be very surprised if at least 2 more aren't brought in
It may be done from a top level point of view (as it seems to us fans) but agree with Mysterio. It's never completely done - the club will always keep cap space free in case of injuries and the need to recruit someone in.

They can also loan players out to free up space too if someone came available. Ways and means around it.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 16 Sep 2019, 18:24

HuddsTigers wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 17:45

I think we should appeal. It's the top end of the scale for that particular offence (Grade A-C), the next one being full contact.

Jesse's record speaks for itself, his character is second to none and there's a reasonableness to show that it wasn't deliberately. I thought it was clumsy at the time to try and complete the tackle but I don't think there was a maliciousness or aggressiveness about it. No injury was caused, and there's also ways we can demonstrate provocation by Wigan throughout the game by doing niggly things. He's had no previous bans and only been looked at 5 times.

I'd like to think we could get it downgraded to a B and 1 game ban on this premise. Sean O'Loughlin has got away with it for years and he's a serial offender for high and dangerous tackles.
Appeals seem to attract an extra game these days, though.
His record isn’t a ground to alter the grading of the offence.
There is a possible argument that his record should mitigate the punishment towards the lower end of the scale, but I just think it’s worth accepting the ban so he’s guaranteed to be available for the first game of next year.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 16 Sep 2019, 20:41

Evening flow. Still playing the same old tune then?

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 16 Sep 2019, 21:14

tigerfeat wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 15:10
Have to be honest I didn’t feel that our pack were dominated last week and the half time score reflected that. Wigan won due to excellent defence and much better execution of try scoring opportunities IMO

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 16 Sep 2019, 22:04

HuddsTigers wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 17:47
fords wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 17:40
It may be done from a top level point of view (as it seems to us fans) but agree with Mysterio. It's never completely done - the club will always keep cap space free in case of injuries and the need to recruit someone in.

They can also loan players out to free up space too if someone came available. Ways and means around it.
Indeed...

The club also like to maintain a cloak of having limited funds available to agents, players and clubs alike in order to prevent potentially unreasonable demands and the like.

All sorts goes on behind the scenes that we’re not privy to but Not only that, it helps set expectations to the fans. ‘Keep the expectations low key’ and then ‘sign a top player if he becomes available’ like Hardaker or Watts.

I’m pretty certain one or two will be moved on and one or two will be moved in over the next few months. If I’m wrong I’d be extremely bitterly disappointed to be honest.
Audacter Et Sincere

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 17 Sep 2019, 09:35

Wire to put on a show and win 32-4
We would have won at home but not away.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 17 Sep 2019, 09:57

nottinghamtiger wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 18:24
HuddsTigers wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 17:45

Appeals seem to attract an extra game these days, though.
His record isn’t a ground to alter the grading of the offence.
There is a possible argument that his record should mitigate the punishment towards the lower end of the scale, but I just think it’s worth accepting the ban so he’s guaranteed to be available for the first game of next year.
I think it depends on who you play for and if course who you know.

Tompkins at kr got an extra match but had firm a long as your arm. Whereas peacock, in his last season held a player down on the floor and punched him 2 or 3 times to the head, he was neither sent off or banned. Millo got 2 matches in a melee.

The system is not very good.

flood light tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flood light tiger » 17 Sep 2019, 12:45

Castleford Tigers 19-man squad vs Warrington Wolves

35. Cheyse Blair
2. James Clare
33. Chris Clarkson
18. Matt Cook
20. Jamie Ellis
11. Oliver Holmes
23. Will Maher
1. Peter Mata’utia
12. Mike McMeeken
9. Paul McShane
10. Grant Millington
13. Adam Milner
3. Greg Minikin
29. Jacques O’Neill
32. Jordan Rankin
34. Daniel Smith
6. Jake Trueman
27. Calum Turner
8. Liam Watts

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 17 Sep 2019, 12:54

Probably looking at O'Neill to replace Massey and Milner in for Jesse:

Rankin
Clare
Matautia
Blair
Minikin
Trueman
Ellis
Watts
McShane
Smith
McMeeken
Holmes
Milner

Cook
Millington
Clarkson
O'Neill

Maher/Turner to drop out.

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 17 Sep 2019, 15:20

Don't think you are far off with that HT

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 Sep 2019, 17:42

big Will keeps getting on the team sheet he must do good things in training shame he docent show it when he puts a shirt on , if he plays i hope he as a cracker i love humble pie