Warrington Away - Play offs - Thursday Night

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Warrington Away - Play offs - Thursday Night

Post by duke street 10 » 15 Sep 2019, 08:25

Time to make some changes for Thurs. Drop Ellis....move McShane to six with a plan to harass Austin,Jake to scrum half. Pete M. to take the goal kicking duties and bring Jacques O'Neill in at 9. Like the kid's enthusiasm....something the young wigan players had despite going over the line with things sometimes on Thurs.

The rest of pack could be a case of picking who's fit & available.

Ken Smith
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ken Smith » 15 Sep 2019, 08:39

The facts are that Warrington have won only once since the 6th July in 8 Super League matches. Also Cas have won 3 of their last 6 away matches at Warrington, so these seem compelling reasons that Cas have every chance of winning on Thursday.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 15 Sep 2019, 09:01

Rankin
Clare
Blair
Pete
Minikin
Jake
Ellis
Watts
McShane
Millington
Holmes
McMeekan
Milner

Cook
Smith
Clarkson
Maher

More than likely will be the squad. Decent enough if we can get some sort of attack going.

Leeds tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Leeds tiger » 15 Sep 2019, 10:44

Ellis gets a lot of stick and most of it is rightly so. Someone who doesn’t get any is Clarkson who may be the most ineffective forward we’ve had for the past 5 years ( even including big will who has outperformed him in my eyes this season). He very rarely makes metres and would be well down the pecking order for the wire game if I were choosing the team.

high town tiger

Post by high town tiger » 15 Sep 2019, 10:50

Leeds tiger wrote: 15 Sep 2019, 10:44 Ellis gets a lot of stick and most of it is rightly so. Someone who doesn’t get any is Clarkson who may be the most ineffective forward we’ve had for the past 5 years ( even including big will who has outperformed him in my eyes this season). He very rarely makes metres and would be well down the pecking order for the wire game if I were choosing the team.
very true mate hope we don't over him another waist off a contract because he's cheap

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 Sep 2019, 10:56

Up Town Top Ranking
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 15 Sep 2019, 11:03

Oops put in wrong place
Id be looking to bring a top full back in if possible but Rankin may do well next year just have to see how we line up start of next season really
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 15 Sep 2019, 14:32

Is Jesse definitely out?

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 15 Sep 2019, 15:30

im guessing 3 games & partington should also be suspended for pulling maccas head bandage off

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 15 Sep 2019, 15:36

I’m just hoping Jesse is back for round one next year. I think we can count one game in pre-season.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 15 Sep 2019, 16:17

nottinghamtiger wrote: 15 Sep 2019, 15:36 I’m just hoping Jesse is back for round one next year. I think we can count one game in pre-season.
I’m hoping he’ll be back for the Grand Final :D

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 15 Sep 2019, 18:27

Of all the remaining teams, Warrington are the ones I'd want to be playing on current form.

That said, away on a Thursday night with playoff survival on the line? I think this will be Cas' last game this season.

That said, if we do win who do we reckon we're getting in the next round? I think Wigan are peaking at the right time and should beat Salford pretty handily. So I'd expect Salford for next weeks opponents if we can win.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 15 Sep 2019, 18:54

Squaddie86 wrote: 15 Sep 2019, 18:27 Of all the remaining teams, Warrington are the ones I'd want to be playing on current form.

That said, away on a Thursday night with playoff survival on the line? I think this will be Cas' last game this season.

That said, if we do win who do we reckon we're getting in the next round? I think Wigan are peaking at the right time and should beat Salford pretty handily. So I'd expect Salford for next weeks opponents if we can win.
I think we’ll make it to the semi-Final.
Warrington are in really poor form.
We’ll then play the losers if Salford v Wigan. I think it will be Salford, who will then be coming off a loss.
The next game would then be against the losers of St Helen’s v Wigan. Unfortunately, I think our season will end when we come across one of these teams on their own turf. BUT whoever it is will have lost the previous week and Saints v Wigan games are always brutal, particularly with a place in the GF at stake. Whoever loses might struggle to recover in time.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 16 Sep 2019, 11:16

Just imagine if we’d had a healthy squad and gale, and had a marquee signing just arrived...

It’s all within our grasp next year, we just desperately need to be smart in recruitment, and soon.

Looks like Rankin has played himself into a contract. Once he shaves his hair off he’ll be my favourite recent laker :)
Audacter Et Sincere

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 16 Sep 2019, 12:49

Mysterio wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 11:16 Just imagine if we’d had a healthy squad and gale, and had a marquee signing just arrived...

It’s all within our grasp next year, we just desperately need to be smart in recruitment, and soon.

Looks like Rankin has played himself into a contract. Once he shaves his hair off he’ll be my favourite recent laker :)
Recruitment is done

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Post by the happy hooker9 » 16 Sep 2019, 12:54

fords wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 12:49
Mysterio wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 11:16 Just imagine if we’d had a healthy squad and gale, and had a marquee signing just arrived...

Recruitment is done
Unfortunately.......

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 16 Sep 2019, 13:46

fords wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 12:49

Recruitment is done
Never done,always room for an addition if the right player comes along

This as been Powell's way since he arrived
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 16 Sep 2019, 14:02

Thursday is very winnable, Warrington are in disgraceful form. We then more than likely play Salford, who if their game against Wigan is anything like ours the other day, they will of had a bruising 80 minutes, which then makes that winnable. My only worry then is, we then go in to a game against Wigan who are in form or St Helens who are fresh. Not a chance we have that much in us at this stage of the season.

high town tiger

Post by high town tiger » 16 Sep 2019, 14:26

heritage1926 wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 14:02 Thursday is very winnable, Warrington are in disgraceful form. We then more than likely play Salford, who if their game against Wigan is anything like ours the other day, they will of had a bruising 80 minutes, which then makes that winnable. My only worry then is, we then go in to a game against Wigan who are in form or St Helens who are fresh. Not a chance we have that much in us at this stage of the season.
I agree what's being said in league express even with out Jesse are forwards still powerful enough but it will be half backs that will probably let us down if don't match there's. Like somebody else said on here would not play Ellis put Macca in halfs. If trueman as one off his better games we will have a chance but if halfs play like they did against St Helens and Wigan away we will struggle to rack any points up.

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 16 Sep 2019, 14:53

Cas have no chance season over