The Drum: Yay or Nay?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.

Should the drum stay or go?

Keep the Drum
25%
Ban the Drum
41%
Don’t Care
34%

Total votes: 68

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: The Drum: Yay or Nay?

Post by derbystiger » 11 Sep 2019, 23:34

daytona wrote: Is it time we went smoke/vape free within the whole ground? Reckon if you put that on Nottingham you’d get a massive response.
Now that would be me done

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 11 Sep 2019, 23:41

Please can we have a poll about whether or not having a poll is a good idea?

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 12 Sep 2019, 04:47

I think every cas fan should have one of those little horns that we used to have on our push bikes. The one that you squeezed at the end. Imagine the bedlam when they were all squeezed at the same time.(lol) Bring it on

yorky
Verified
League One Player
League One Player

Post by yorky » 12 Sep 2019, 07:46

the sky tv matches at headingly are dreadful with that horrible band that drowns out the sky commentary & the cow bell at Huddersfield is nearly as bad.
after the soccer world cup in south Africa the vuvuzelas were band in football grounds & the rugby league should look into the way our game is portrayed as anyone new tuning into a game at headingly would soon get sick of hearing the idiots with the trumpets etc & how anyone can stand near them beats me. as for helping the team you had better ask the whino's so its no drum / musical instruments for grump old me!!!!! :roll:

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 12 Sep 2019, 08:03

Genuinely don't care. Now a cowbell or a full orchestra like some clubs have, that's too far.

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 12 Sep 2019, 09:26

daytona wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
daytona wrote:Liking this polling feature Nottingham. What we having next? :D
I think it has to be something that is relevant, it’s no good contriving something just for the sake of it. Season tickets and the drum are two hot topics at the moment, so I think suit a poll. As I say, I think it gives people who want to express the opinion, but not make written posts, the chance to be heard in some way, whilst still allowing those who want to contribute more to do so.
One thing I’d be interested in polling, and it will be controversial. Is it time we went smoke/vape free within the whole ground? Reckon if you put that on Nottingham you’d get a massive response.

Keep the Vapers, they are something to laugh at during stoppages

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 12 Sep 2019, 12:44

Could we just go with the "FLOW"??

Kirtonj

Post by Kirtonj » 12 Sep 2019, 13:32

Firstly, the drum was requested at home games by the directors.

And its either we use the drum or have to bang on the asbestos at the back to create atmosphere. So which is the safest thing to do?

It's funny really... Because we cant move for being squashed like sardines because of the amount of fans that want to be around the drum, to the point we have a few step ladders at the back now just to be able to see the game.

If we take the drum out, then where does the atmosphere come from, this is one lad bringing his drum off his own back to create the best atmosphere in the league in my opinion.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 Sep 2019, 13:42

Don't worry mate if it wasn't the drum it would be something else people are moaning about can't wait to see what tonight's poll is :roll:
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 12 Sep 2019, 13:48

Hope the back of the stand isn't asbestos.
That would be a worry.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 12 Sep 2019, 14:03

tigerfeat wrote:Don't worry mate if it wasn't the drum it would be something else people are moaning about can't wait to see what tonight's poll is :roll:
I think discussion of the game will be enough for tonight.
If you don’t like it, scroll on by!

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 12 Sep 2019, 14:11

Kirtonj wrote:Firstly, the drum was requested at home games by the directors.

And its either we use the drum or have to bang on the asbestos at the back to create atmosphere. So which is the safest thing to do?

It's funny really... Because we cant move for being squashed like sardines because of the amount of fans that want to be around the drum, to the point we have a few step ladders at the back now just to be able to see the game.

If we take the drum out, then where does the atmosphere come from, this is one lad bringing his drum off his own back to create the best atmosphere in the league in my opinion.
Asbestos? Surely not, doesn’t make sense with the metal stand or current regs. There’s no way the ground would pass a H&S inspection if there was unsafe asbestos!
As to where the atmosphere would come from - the same place it has for decades before someone starting bringing a drum. I actually think the atmosphere has been worse with the drum, but that’s just my opinion and I know it’s dependent on a lot of different factors.

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 12 Sep 2019, 15:15

Drummer does a great job getting the fans going, bet you lot complaining are a laugh a minute..... miserable sods. If it wasn't for the drummer there wouldn't be a bloody atmosphere hardly.....i know, let's all just stand in silence!
🐯 COYF!

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 12 Sep 2019, 15:20

Nobody wrote:Drummer does a great job getting the fans going, bet you lot complaining are a laugh a minute..... miserable sods. If it wasn't for the drummer there wouldn't be a bloody atmosphere hardly.....i know, let's all just stand in silence!
But wasn’t there an atmosphere before the drum? I seem to remember one.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion on this, we can all support the same team but have different views.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 12 Sep 2019, 15:50

Drum or no drum who actually gives a sh..e

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 12 Sep 2019, 15:52

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Nobody wrote:Drummer does a great job getting the fans going, bet you lot complaining are a laugh a minute..... miserable sods. If it wasn't for the drummer there wouldn't be a bloody atmosphere hardly.....i know, let's all just stand in silence!
Everyone is entitled to an opinion on this, we can all support the same team but have different views.
You take away the drum and the lads at the back of the WRE and the atmosphere is absolutely dire

Used to be a great time in the WRE but the energy and atmosphere seems to have died a death
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 12 Sep 2019, 16:31

So Nobody.
Some people have a different opinion to you.
Let's just abuse them.
Being deaf l was going to ask what drum?

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 12 Sep 2019, 16:37

Didn't abuse anyone directly just the miserable one's :D There is a lad who comes to most games with a drum, gets the crowd going.
Last edited by Nobody on 12 Sep 2019, 16:40, edited 1 time in total.
🐯 COYF!

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 12 Sep 2019, 16:38

nottinghamtiger wrote:
There was but when he isn't there now it's absolutely dire atmosphere.
🐯 COYF!

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 12 Sep 2019, 17:05

Utter rubbish