Season Ticket Poll

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.

Season Ticket or No Season Ticket?

I had a season ticket in 2019 and WILL renew this in 2020.
34
47%
I had a season ticket in 2019 but WILL NOT renew this in 2020.
8
11%
I did not have a season ticket in 2019 but will buy one in 2020.
1
1%
I did not have a season ticket in 2019 and will not buy one in 2020.
30
41%
 
Total votes: 73

nottinghamtiger
Luke Gale
Posts: 3188
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:17 pm

Season Ticket Poll

Post by nottinghamtiger » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:10 pm

Given the other thread, this might give an idea as to how sales will go next year (on a very small scale).
Last edited by nottinghamtiger on Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
the machine
Adrian Vowles
Posts: 9676
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:21 pm
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Re: Season Ticket Poll

Post by the machine » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:13 pm

Didn't have one this season,won't have one next either
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

nottinghamtiger
Luke Gale
Posts: 3188
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:17 pm

Re: Season Ticket Poll

Post by nottinghamtiger » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:15 pm

the machine wrote:Didn't have one this season,won't have one next either
Vote in the poll!
I’ve just discovered this exciting forum feature.
Tomorrow:
#banthedrum; or
#keepthedrum.

Mucky1978
Junior Moors
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:07 pm

Re: Season Ticket Poll

Post by Mucky1978 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:19 pm

Had one this season will get another.
Keep saying I won’t but wife enjoys it and gets ya out of house.
Hate Thursday games but used to it now.

User avatar
johnson
Dean Widders
Posts: 490
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:55 pm

Re: Season Ticket Poll

Post by johnson » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:29 pm

Will buy one as I couldn’t afford to pay weekly for me and the hubby. Just hope we announce some more quality signings especially if gale goes.
Image

Piquad1
Kirk Dixon
Posts: 99
Joined: Sat May 18, 2019 11:07 am

Re: Season Ticket Poll

Post by Piquad1 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:20 am

Debating whether to continue buying season ticket due to sky moving matches whenever they feel like it. Missed some games recently due to moving game so frustrating.

Juscas
Dean Widders
Posts: 330
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:31 am

Re: Season Ticket Poll

Post by Juscas » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:47 am

Always had one up to 2018 but didn’t get one this year and it turned out to be the right decision with fixtures moving about all over the place

nottinghamtiger
Luke Gale
Posts: 3188
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:17 pm

Re: Season Ticket Poll

Post by nottinghamtiger » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:01 am

Worrying that, as yet, there is nobody who will be a new ST holder.
More promising that I thought it would be in terms of renewals (so far) with 16 of the 22 current season ticket holders saying they will renew. But that’s still a significant drop.
Before anyone says it, I know it’s a very small sample. But even small samples tend to reflect the wider group.

braytontiger
Michael Eagar
Posts: 4826
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:17 am

Re: Season Ticket Poll

Post by braytontiger » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:12 am

nottinghamtiger wrote:Worrying that, as yet, there is nobody who will be a new ST holder.
More promising that I thought it would be in terms of renewals (so far) with 16 of the 22 current season ticket holders saying they will renew. But that’s still a significant drop.
Before anyone says it, I know it’s a very small sample. But even small samples tend to reflect the wider group.
The minute we introduced tiger tv as an exclusive to subscribers we were turning our backs on new supporters imo. Getting your message out there on free social media is the biggest tool any business as. It was a cheap way of making a few quid that in the long run will cost the club.

User avatar
corvusxiii
Dean Widders
Posts: 187
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:52 pm
Location: Redhill.

Re: Season Ticket Poll

Post by corvusxiii » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:56 am

Yeah. Pity there isn't an arrangement just for the women's team so we could just watch great rugby all the time. (joke you miserable...).
To finish last in the Tour de France, first you must finish.

HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly
Posts: 15054
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:55 am

Re: Season Ticket Poll

Post by HuddsTigers » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:20 am

Polls like this are no value whatsoever really in terms of providing info.

People’s personal circumstances change each year for whatever reason either allowing them to actually get one or that will stop them.

It’s also unlikely that there are very many people on here who aren’t ST holders that are going to get 1.

I would also imagine that as the season draws nearer a lot of people who said they won’t get one may change their mind. It’s in our blood, the benefits are there, and you’re also in the priority queue for major finals should we make them.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Swagger
Junior Moors
Posts: 758
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:14 pm

Re: Season Ticket Poll

Post by Swagger » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:24 am

HuddsTigers wrote:Polls like this are no value whatsoever really in terms of providing info.

People’s personal circumstances change each year for whatever reason either allowing them to actually get one or that will stop them.

It’s also unlikely that there are very many people on here who aren’t ST holders that are going to get 1.

I would also imagine that as the season draws nearer a lot of people who said they won’t get one may change their mind. It’s in our blood, the benefits are there, and you’re also in the priority queue for major finals should we make them.
Exactly this. I'm currently working away alot Monday - Friday but will be based in Leeds from January so I will be getting me and my young son one for the first time in 3 years. So that's 2 extras.

The fact I get 13 superleague games, women's games and the second team definitely helps in this too.

HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly
Posts: 15054
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:55 am

Re: Season Ticket Poll

Post by HuddsTigers » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:29 am

Another point to make is our ageing fan base. We have a lot of older gentlemen and ladies, who let’s just say do not have the mobility any more to stand for 2 hours in the freezing cold.

These are people who love the club who would ordinarily get STs but because the ground is wholly unsuitable for these people and because of age, would much rather be sat at home in the warmth and comfort.

My 85 YO Grandad gave up his ST for 2019 because the effort of walking from the car park to the seating was too much, the disabled facilities are inadequate, and it just wasn’t comfortably any more. This is a bloke who had been going since the 1940s to watch Cas.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

nottinghamtiger
Luke Gale
Posts: 3188
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:17 pm

Re: Season Ticket Poll

Post by nottinghamtiger » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:32 am

HuddsTigers wrote:Polls like this are no value whatsoever really in terms of providing info.

People’s personal circumstances change each year for whatever reason either allowing them to actually get one or that will stop them.

It’s also unlikely that there are very many people on here who aren’t ST holders that are going to get 1.

I would also imagine that as the season draws nearer a lot of people who said they won’t get one may change their mind. It’s in our blood, the benefits are there, and you’re also in the priority queue for major finals should we make them.
They have some value, in that the provide information that may (or may not) be reflective of the wider supporter-base. More often than not, polls are indeed representative of the wider context.
At the moment, this poll tells us that of the people who have participated, there will be nobody buying a season ticket for 2020 who did not have one in 2019 and there are a number of current ST holders who will not be renewing. That's a worry. As you say, it might not reflect the wider supporter-base, but if it does (and it is more likely to than not) then it's a concern.
A for major finals - when was the last cup final or Grand Final to be a sell out? There's no advantage, as anyone who wants to go can get a ticket. In fact, I bought 2014 cup final tickets and 2017 GF tickets through the RFL website as I could do so online from home and also have more choice as to where I sat. Ironically, I bought these before the 'priority window' for season ticket holders even opened!

nottinghamtiger
Luke Gale
Posts: 3188
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:17 pm

Re: Season Ticket Poll

Post by nottinghamtiger » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:34 am

HuddsTigers wrote:Another point to make is our ageing fan base. We have a lot of older gentlemen and ladies, who let’s just say do not have the mobility any more to stand for 2 hours in the freezing cold.

These are people who love the club who would ordinarily get STs but because the ground is wholly unsuitable for these people and because of age, would much rather be sat at home in the warmth and comfort.

My 85 YO Grandad gave up his ST for 2019 because the effort of walking from the car park to the seating was too much, the disabled facilities are inadequate, and it just wasn’t comfortably any more. This is a bloke who had been going since the 1940s to watch Cas.
A very good point. And another reason we so desperately need a new stadium.

Post Reply