Season Ticket Poll

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.

Season Ticket or No Season Ticket?

I had a season ticket in 2019 and WILL renew this in 2020.
45%
I had a season ticket in 2019 but WILL NOT renew this in 2020.
11%
I did not have a season ticket in 2019 but will buy one in 2020.
2%
I did not have a season ticket in 2019 and will not buy one in 2020.
42%

Total votes: 83

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Season Ticket Poll

Post by thedogvinnie » 11 Sep 2019, 10:38

I have finished with season tickets only because i now live in Scarborough, nowt to do with the Sky debacle. If i was still in spitting distance i would buy one. I will still get to as many as poss, but sadly that will be limited now

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 11 Sep 2019, 12:57

How anyone can criticise someone for creating an informartive and interesting poll is beyond me. Huddstiger is out of order, and again, showing that she has a superiority complex and dislike of others taking the initiative and getting air time.

...Because she didn’t create the poll she has had her nose put out of joint, and feels embarrassed she didn’t think of it in her fantasy future ‘advisory’ role lol....or other position that will be ‘created’ for her to bring her skills to the club, :lol:

Of course the poll provides an insight, perhaps most valuable of insights of all given people frequenting this forum are genuine die hard fans who have taken to the internet to search out a forum to discuss their love of the club!

There’s just no need to reply to it in the way that she did.

Whilst I’m at it, I’ve had it also confirmed to me by 2 other members of the forum that she has asked folks to ignore my posts or add me as a foe. This happened a while ago, and, is bullying dear girl.

Just to confirm I have no problem with anyone, but will always speak my mind.
Audacter Et Sincere

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 11 Sep 2019, 13:07

Back on topic, we'll be renewing 3 as per usual. I spent 20 years travelling 60 miles for home games and hardly missed so now I'm fairly local(ish) again I'm not giving it up now

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 Sep 2019, 13:16

Mysterio wrote:.
I did write out a long reply to this but I’ve realised that it’s important I don’t want to derail yet another thread responding to someone with a real problem with me. I suggest you message me by DM and we can chat about this like adults. To clarify, I’ve never asked someone to block anyone on my behalf or for me.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 11 Sep 2019, 13:32

HuddsTigers wrote:
1) I clearly explained my comment straight after by pointing out the vast majority on here will be ST holders. To get a representative idea of the impact it needs to be more than a microcosm of, at best, 100 people.
The poll itself suggests you're wrong in your assumption. 40% of those who have participated are not current season ticket holders. By no means does that make those who are ST holders the "vast majority".

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 Sep 2019, 13:50

nottinghamtiger wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
1) I clearly explained my comment straight after by pointing out the vast majority on here will be ST holders. To get a representative idea of the impact it needs to be more than a microcosm of, at best, 100 people.
The poll itself suggests you're wrong in your assumption. 40% of those who have participated are not current season ticket holders. By no means does that make those who are ST holders the "vast majority".
We live in a time where a majority is 52 to 48 remember ;)

I accept there is a high number of non ST holders it seems this year that have replied. But I personally consider anything close to 2/3rds (66%ish) and above a majority and it seems like that it is that way. (Currently 61:37 as it stands in terms of ST holders this year).

It would be interesting to see how many of those people without STs, have 2019 as the first season without one too. That would give us an idea of how many are lapsed ST holders, and how many have never had one regardless.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 11 Sep 2019, 13:57

HuddsTigers wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
We live in a time where a majority is 52 to 48 remember ;)

I accept there is a high number of non ST holders it seems this year that have replied. But I personally consider anything close to 2/3rds (66%ish) and above a majority and it seems like that it is that way. (Currently 61:37 as it stands in terms of ST holders this year).

It would be interesting to see how many of those people without STs, have 2019 as the first season without one too. That would give us an idea of how many are lapsed ST holders, and how many have never had one regardless.
Ah, but not the vast majority as you said, though.
I agree it would be interesting to know how many of the 'non ST holders' have lapsed in the last few years, but the poll becomes really complicated when you start to add in those sort of options.
As I say, often very small samples are reflective of the wider group.
(PS - 61:37 doesn't add up to 100%. You missed the one person who hasn;t had a ST this year but is getting one next year. It's 61:39 - that majority is less than you thought..........)

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 11 Sep 2019, 14:01

Ah, perhaps vast was the wrong word in the post you quoted, accepted.

Though I didn’t say that in my first post on page 1 actually so I misquoted myself. Apologies. And yeah, the polls get complicated and too granular if you account for everyone.

I think the people that are lapsing such as yourself are perhaps the most important. Club needs to figure out how they can attract these fans back. It may not even by a club issue but a sport wide issue. We cannot lose the loyal fans who are propping the game up.

Tigerade
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Tigerade » 11 Sep 2019, 14:21

I will be renewing just before the deadline as I usually do. Added benefit for me next season is the reserve fixtures. I should get to a few of those all been well.

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 11 Sep 2019, 14:24

HuddsTigers wrote:Another point to make is our ageing fan base. We have a lot of older gentlemen and ladies, who let’s just say do not have the mobility any more to stand for 2 hours in the freezing cold.

These are people who love the club who would ordinarily get STs but because the ground is wholly unsuitable for these people and because of age, would much rather be sat at home in the warmth and comfort.

My 85 YO Grandad gave up his ST for 2019 because the effort of walking from the car park to the seating was too much, the disabled facilities are inadequate, and it just wasn’t comfortably any more. This is a bloke who had been going since the 1940s to watch Cas.

I had a season ticket for over 40 years. Then I took ill, and that was that, But I see every game on Tigers TV, I miss the live games, but I wont see one again. It's like being addicted to a drug, you feel the withdrawal symptoms every week.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 11 Sep 2019, 14:38

Well said Frank you only realise how much you miss something when it's not there for you anymore
I'd feel same if I couldn't go watch cas live
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Gomersal Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Gomersal Tiger » 11 Sep 2019, 16:03

I personally think the poll should be whether we play our games on Friday or Sunday. Friday would help eliminate the Sky influence.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 11 Sep 2019, 16:14

Gomersal Tiger wrote:I personally think the poll should be whether we play our games on Friday or Sunday. Friday would help eliminate the Sky influence.
How would that help when most games are been moved to Thursday nights?
I think it would be a bad idea to abandon Sunday games altogether. Most clubs are built on supporters who began following the team as children. No kids attending games = less adult supporters in 10/20 years.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 11 Sep 2019, 16:32

HuddsTigers wrote:Another point to make is our ageing fan base. We have a lot of older gentlemen and ladies, who let’s just say do not have the mobility any more to stand for 2 hours in the freezing cold.

These are people who love the club who would ordinarily get STs but because the ground is wholly unsuitable for these people and because of age, would much rather be sat at home in the warmth and comfort.

My 85 YO Grandad gave up his ST for 2019 because the effort of walking from the car park to the seating was too much, the disabled facilities are inadequate, and it just wasn’t comfortably any more. This is a bloke who had been going since the 1940s to watch Cas.
On the other hand ageing does have a positive. We both retired this summer so it actually no longer matters to us what day of the week the games are played
If we were still working we definitely wouldn’t have got them

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 11 Sep 2019, 17:37

I would imagine we'd move to Friday night matches in the new ground. The car park would be empty or quiet if the shops shut at 6pm on a Friday.

Plus people would know most of the season the time of week we play and the only change should be for a Thursday. Interestingly Leeds don't get to many moved from their Friday night matches to Thursday in comparison to us.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 11 Sep 2019, 18:39

mart0042 wrote:I would imagine we'd move to Friday night matches in the new ground. The car park would be empty or quiet if the shops shut at 6pm on a Friday.

Plus people would know most of the season the time of week we play and the only change should be for a Thursday. Interestingly Leeds don't get to many moved from their Friday night matches to Thursday in comparison to us.
IF, and it’s still a big ‘if’ for me, Axiom gets built I very much doubt shops will close at 6pm. My guess would be opening hours similar to the likes of Meadowhell. I can’t see all those millions being spent and then close at 6pm. Only my thoughts, obviously.

castigers2010
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by castigers2010 » 11 Sep 2019, 18:42

Agree, you would think it'll have the same opening hours as J32 outlet.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 11 Sep 2019, 20:48

Frankas wrote:

I had a season ticket for over 40 years. Then I took ill, and that was that, But I see every game on Tigers TV, I miss the live games, but I wont see one again. It's like being addicted to a drug, you feel the withdrawal symptoms every week.
Isnt there anything I or another forum member can do to help you get to games? :(
Audacter Et Sincere

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 13 Sep 2019, 09:47

derbystiger wrote:
mart0042 wrote:I would imagine we'd move to Friday night matches in the new ground. The car park would be empty or quiet if the shops shut at 6pm on a Friday.

IF, and it’s still a big ‘if’ for me, Axiom gets built I very much doubt shops will close at 6pm. My guess would be opening hours similar to the likes of Meadowhell. I can’t see all those millions being spent and then close at 6pm. Only my thoughts, obviously.
Yes maybe the 8pm close, which wouldn't help but if expect it to be quieter than on a Sunday afternoon. Traditionally Thursday was late night opening but more places open late more often I suppose.

How busy is junction 32 at 7pm on a Friday? Tbh I've been to Xscape but never parked in the 32 car park.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 24 Sep 2019, 08:26

i am a season ticket holder and i will be renewing , i am taking my wife out for lunch were can i view the eating places that give Discount i have been on the club page with no success ,