Season Tickets 2020

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
nottinghamtiger
Luke Gale

Re: Season Tickets 2020

Post by nottinghamtiger » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:32 pm

HuddsTigers wrote:. I think the club would be better off introducing a Membership scheme which allows people to pay up front for and that gets them tickets at a discounted rate higher than ST holders but lower than PAYG, say £20 for adults, as well as all the benefits of being a ST holder.
Good thinking, that could work really well.
Just something other than the two options of a full-year season ticket or paying by the game.

nottinghamtiger
Luke Gale

Post by nottinghamtiger » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:35 pm

HuddsTigers wrote:Even if Cas hadn’t voted that way it would have still probably got passed.
In which case the club would have grounds to say “we have no control over this and we didn’t want it to happen”.
But because the club voted in favour, they look a bit daft trying to blame Sky for doing something that they voted to allow them to do.

HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly

Post by HuddsTigers » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:37 pm

nottinghamtiger wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:Even if Cas hadn’t voted that way it would have still probably got passed.
In which case the club would have grounds to say “we have no control over this and we didn’t want it to happen”.
But because the club voted in favour, they look a bit daft trying to blame Sky for doing something that they voted to allow them to do.
Just looked. The only club that voted against was Salford.

The club was always going to look after financial interests first. It was presented to them in that way in that we couldn’t negotiate with any broadcasters until 2 years down the track and Sky were offering this now. Case of take it or die by the consequences. The RFL are the ones responsible for negotiating the TV deal and same for Elstone now
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

nottinghamtiger
Luke Gale

Post by nottinghamtiger » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:41 pm

HuddsTigers wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
Just looked. The only club that voted against was Salford.

The club was always going to look after financial interests first. It was presented to them in that way in that we couldn’t negotiate with any broadcasters until 2 years down the track and Sky were offering this now. Case of take it or die by the consequences. The RFL are the ones responsible for negotiating the TV deal and same for Elstone now
I’m not saying the club made the wrong decision at the time, though I think we may be financially worse off in the long run, owing to the drop on ST sales and attendances.
My point is that the club seek to push the blame for fixture changes onto Sky and say they have no control, without seeming to realise they were the ones who gave it away.

cogito ergo sum
Danny Orr

Post by cogito ergo sum » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:50 pm

Some Wigan fans echoing the same complaints as us about the change of date.

Mucky1978
Junior Moors

Post by Mucky1978 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:57 pm

Am I the only person who doesn’t even notice the drum I’m to busy shouting and watching the game to even notice.

tigerfeat
Dale Fritz

Post by tigerfeat » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:58 pm

Thing that is wrong and DP said this in the evening post I think it was all games on the last day of the season should kick -off on the same day at the same time
Sky have a deal with premier league football but all there matches kick off on the same day at the same time last round of fixtures so no one as a chance of a advantage

nottinghamtiger
Luke Gale

Post by nottinghamtiger » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:02 pm

Mucky1978 wrote:Am I the only person who doesn’t even notice the drum I’m to busy shouting and watching the game to even notice.
Probably one of those things that you notice if it annoys you, but don’t if it doesn’t!
But is that the point? People who don’t mind it don’t tend to notice it (so what’s the point of it?) and those who do are annoyed by it.
To me it’s something that can only have a negative impact. I can’t imagine anyone who is making a decision about whether or not to go to a game thinks “I’ll go because of the drum”. But there will be people who will think “I’m not going because of the drum”. Just seems to be one of those no-win scenarios to me.

tigerfeat
Dale Fritz

Post by tigerfeat » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:17 pm

Mucky1978 wrote:Am I the only person who doesn’t even notice the drum I’m to busy shouting and watching the game to even notice.
Me too but then I'm bit deaf ;)

The Firm
Danny Orr

Post by The Firm » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:24 pm

I’m out i’m afraid, the fixture changes make it unviable. I’ll pay as and when.

heritage1926
Danny Orr

Post by heritage1926 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:03 am

Since 2017, we have been the most televised club for Sky games. As much as we all love supporting and watching Cas, financially, it makes sense to stay home, save ££ and watch from the comfort of your own sofa.

gateman
Danny Orr

Post by gateman » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:14 am

heritage1926 wrote:Since 2017, we have been the most televised club for Sky games. As much as we all love supporting and watching Cas, financially, it makes sense to stay home, save ££ and watch from the comfort of your own sofa.
I think our over exposure on TV as hurt our attendances big style, we all know fans who have got out of the habit of coming to matches taking the easy option, were i stand in the princess st stand there are quiet a number of missing fans that have been stood there for years

tigerfeat
Dale Fritz

Post by tigerfeat » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:27 am

Look I understand people who financially can't afford to go especially when we're on telly there have been many times when ive being too skint to afford a season pass
But even with state of ground and folks not happy with whats happened since 2017 you can't beat watching cas down lane

braytontiger
Michael Eagar

Post by braytontiger » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:50 am

I always stand at the railway end “scoreboard” and I can’t say as I hear the drum at all.

Back to season tickets it’s good value if your available and watch all our teams. For me personally it doesn’t work and hasn’t done for a couple of years so I will pay individually for the games I want to attend. The problem with that is as I’ve found this year that if I have a better option of doing something else I’ve tended to miss the rugby especially if it’s on sky and that goes for home and away games, I’m sure I’m not the only person which is a shame as I did around a 20 year spell where I could count on 1 hand the number of games I’d missed.

nottinghamtiger
Luke Gale

Post by nottinghamtiger » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:58 am

tigerfeat wrote:Look I understand people who financially can't afford to go especially when we're on telly there have been many times when ive being too skint to afford a season pass
But even with state of ground and folks not happy with whats happened since 2017 you can't beat watching cas down lane
My worry is that people who can afford to go are choosing not to.
You might think there is nothing better than going to the game (and I used to think the same), but there are plenty of people who would prefer to watch on TV now.
One reason for for that I think is the number of night games - it’s an appealing option to sit and have a beer at home at watch the game on TV. I’ve tried to make every game I can in 2018, but only because I had a ST. I know full well that I’ll be tempted to watch some games on TV next year that I would have attended if I still has a ST.
We’ll also be losing a lot of families who just don’t want young kids out until past 10:00pm, especially on a Thursday. That doesn’t just lose the kids, it loses their parent(s) too.
There have always been (and will always be) people who can’t afford a season ticket, so attend games as a when they can. But we are potentially losing people who can afford a a ST but are choosing not to get one.