NO CHANCE ON THURSDY

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: NO CHANCE ON THURSDY

Post by thedogvinnie » 05 Sep 2019, 07:57

HuddsTigers wrote:Best ref for the job.

The only annoyance I have is that his reluctance to penalise to keep things flowing mean teams like Hull get away with slowing down the ruck to snails' pace.

That being said, we have to put ourselves in a position where the calls a ref makes don't matter. If you defend your line and score points when you have the chance, the rest is irrelevant.
I have said it for years, other teams play the ref, we play the game. We never change our approach to suit whatever bee the ref has in his bonnet.

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 05 Sep 2019, 07:59

In regards of Thalers bias, never forget Catalan away, even the RFL had to act and demote him over that debacle.
There is no doubt in my mind, he is bent

vandeveldtsbaldhead

Post by vandeveldtsbaldhead » 05 Sep 2019, 09:24

Ben Thaler, is by far the best referee in Super League IMO.

For someone to blame a referee before the game starts, just shows how small minded and imature some people are .

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 05 Sep 2019, 09:30

thedogvinnie wrote:In regards of Thalers bias, never forget Catalan away, even the RFL had to act and demote him over that debacle.
There is no doubt in my mind, he is bent
You hit the nail on the head. Every reffing performance is scrutinised, analysed, dissected and debriefed. Bad performances lead to demotions. That’s why NO ref is bent.

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 05 Sep 2019, 10:48

that catalan performance was not just bad reffing, it was downright cheating. If you remember he tried to over rule the VR because the VR was in cas favour. Do not tell me that Thaler is anything but a cheat where Cas are concerned, He may have had to tone down his bias, but its still there

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 05 Sep 2019, 11:43

Remember Wigan away in the. Up when we got to Wembley when he said that Wigan had knocked on blatantly on their own line and Thaler said it was a “Charge down”. The commentators and pundits were gobsmacked to say the least.

Referees will get things wrong as do touch judges, this is understandable due to the pace of the game or view they may have. This we can maybe accept but it is the blatant wrong calls that are the issue with me, as in the example above. When clear blatant decision are given wrongly this winds people up all the time pretty much at every game unfortunately.

I am if the persuasion that if we play well and score enough points it shouldn’t matter what happens but it still doesn’t make it right if we win with bad calls.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 05 Sep 2019, 11:58

The most important game of the season thus far, intrigued to see which Cas team turns up. One that want's a shot at the play offs or one that wouldn't mind their holidays starting early. It's do or die now, if an home game against the team currently sat above you, with the season on the line doesn't inspire them, then nothing will.

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 05 Sep 2019, 12:25

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Remember Wigan away in the. Up when we got to Wembley when he said that Wigan had knocked on blatantly on their own line and Thaler said it was a “Charge down”. The commentators and pundits were gobsmacked to say the least.

Referees will get things wrong as do touch judges, this is understandable due to the pace of the game or view they may have. This we can maybe accept but it is the blatant wrong calls that are the issue with me, as in the example above. When clear blatant decision are given wrongly this winds people up all the time pretty much at every game unfortunately.

I am if the persuasion that if we play well and score enough points it shouldn’t matter what happens but it still doesn’t make it right if we win with bad calls.
As I said about the Catalan game, that was not getting it wrong due to the speed of the game, trying to change the VR decision was cheating, nothing less

black golf

Post by black golf » 05 Sep 2019, 12:51

SuffolkTiger wrote:There is another member of this forum who mirrors both your reluctance to post anything positive or constructive and also the interesting approach to spelling and use of punctuation.

We have a better than average chance on Thursday evening.

Ben Thaler’s ability as a referee is as good as anything that our game has.
I agree with your statement that Ben Thalers ability is as good as anything in our game,and on that point will leave you to ponder just how good our referees are, oh incidentally I agree with you we have a very good chance of winning the game provided the officials interpretations of events are the same for both sides.

castigers2010
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by castigers2010 » 05 Sep 2019, 14:29

thedogvinnie wrote:
Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Remember Wigan away in the. Up when we got to Wembley when he said that Wigan had knocked on blatantly on their own line and Thaler said it was a “Charge down”. The commentators and pundits were gobsmacked to say the least.

As I said about the Catalan game, that was not getting it wrong due to the speed of the game, trying to change the VR decision was cheating, nothing less
It does make you wonder if he wanted to screw Cas over why he went to the video ref and not just award the try.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 06 Sep 2019, 09:53

Thaler did well, don't like him though.

That's another 2 fingers up at our detractors and doubting fan base (not all).

22 points let in, that's in 4 matches. Outstanding.

Cas boxer

Post by Cas boxer » 06 Sep 2019, 10:00

mart0042 wrote:Thaler did well, don't like him though.

Can we possible do a, rhino's be terrible most off season sneak five place and go on and win it I say why not don't think any body in top five look un touchable at the moment would say Wigan be my favourites at the moment

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 06 Sep 2019, 10:04

We should’ve beaten saints last week too. I’m really optimistic about our chances next week.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 06 Sep 2019, 10:08

Cas boxer wrote:
mart0042 wrote:Thaler did well, don't like him though.

Can we possible do a, rhino's be terrible most off season sneak five place and go on and win it I say why not don't think any body in top five look un touchable at the moment would say Wigan be my favourites at the moment
We could, hopefully. Leeds haven't been favourites to win recently but have built for the playoffs.

Cautiously optimistic.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 06 Sep 2019, 10:20

Thaler was ok. Still think he missed quite a few things. The Ratu knock on was as obvious as anything and Hull were constantly never square at the marker, we were too fast for them at the ruck, he never pinged them once. A few times Kelly, Sneyd, Connor went high and round the neck but he never saw it.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 06 Sep 2019, 11:08

heritage1926 wrote:Thaler was ok. Still think he missed quite a few things. The Ratu knock on was as obvious as anything and Hull were constantly never square at the marker, we were too fast for them at the ruck, he never pinged them once. A few times Kelly, Sneyd, Connor went high and round the neck but he never saw it.
Thaler looked to his touch judge for the knock on and got no help there. I wasn’t sure watching live but clear enough on tv.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 06 Sep 2019, 11:14

black golf wrote:Well folks we will find out how good we are on Thursday , unfortunately it may well be ,that however good we are, the very fact that Ben Thaler has been appointed to refree the game, will ensure a negative end to our hopes. I sincerely hope I am wrong, but history is on my side,no matter how well our boys play I fear the worst, but pray for the best.
What was your take on the performance BG?

black golf

Post by black golf » 06 Sep 2019, 12:50

Ill take it on the chin folks, Ben Thaler had a good game, but in fairness our guys were sensational, and did not give him any reason to blow his whistle to often, however I do feel that Matosis try was short of the line.