Hull on Thursday

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Ken Smith
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Hull on Thursday

Post by Ken Smith » 06 Sep 2019, 07:50

Definitely the best that Cas have played all season. Some of the play reminiscent of the 2017 season. Hull looked shot, can’t see them beating Saints even if Saints rest some players, whilst on last night’s form Cas should beat Wigan anyway. Remember we only lost 4-6 earlier in the season who didn’t play all that well at Wakefield last week either.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 06 Sep 2019, 08:07

what a game our forwards stood up to their big pack even without Millington who went down after only minutes, Blair broke his duck to the delight of a young fan stood next to me who had taken 14 to 1 for him to do so Trueman looked world class in attack and defence, on the down side a poor turn out from fans only maybe 300 from hull only three buses on Weldon road a large number of our fans are choosing to watch the match on TV i dont think SKY as done us any favours have us on TV week in and week out some people have taken the easy option and either watched the match at home or in the pub and have got out of the habit of watching the game live, hence the tumbling of crowd numbers

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 06 Sep 2019, 08:21

Poor junior moors he can hardly move but fair play to him he got on the field at the end on his crutches with the rest of the squad
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 06 Sep 2019, 08:22

gateman wrote:what a game our forwards stood up to their big pack even without Millington who went down after only minutes, Blair broke his duck to the delight of a young fan stood next to me who had taken 14 to 1 for him to do so Trueman looked world class in attack and defence, on the down side a poor turn out from fans only maybe 300 from hull only three buses on Weldon road a large number of our fans are choosing to watch the match on TV i dont think SKY as done us any favours have us on TV week in and week out some people have taken the easy option and either watched the match at home or in the pub and have got out of the habit of watching the game live, hence the tumbling of crowd numbers
Lowest number of hull fans I can remember at Cas in a long time ...
Vince Lombardi

Cas boxer

Post by Cas boxer » 06 Sep 2019, 09:07

MrRugby123 wrote:Awesome today, best I’ve seen cas play all season looked threatening from the off, take this into Wigan next week and hopefully into the play offs where I think we will play our best rugby of the season.
Was a good performance no body menshioned how better Ellis played this week and dont think missed a kick to keep score board ticking over. Yon can only play what's in front off you but wow Hull have major problems a poor Huddersfield did same to them last week. Think few people on here getting a bit over excited wih the performance.. We probably being like Hull are selfs this year are top players not always performing as they should.

Cas boxer

Post by Cas boxer » 06 Sep 2019, 09:13

HuddsTigers wrote:Cheyse Blair looks like he’s finally settled and getting into some form. :-"
Only taken till last home game lol could see relive in his face for finally scoring.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 06 Sep 2019, 09:21

Cas boxer wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:Cheyse Blair looks like he’s finally settled and getting into some form. :-"
Only taken till last home game lol could see relive in his face for finally scoring.
How did you think Trueman played
Vince Lombardi

thedogvinnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by thedogvinnie » 06 Sep 2019, 09:28

Toffycat wrote:Thought Jesse was main contributer to Connors frustrations / antics.Stood up to him all game and he could'nt handle it
Connor started his usual niggles but picked on the wrong un last night, big rap for JSL for neutralising Connor. I wonder if it was part of the game plan to upset the cry baby

Cas boxer

Post by Cas boxer » 06 Sep 2019, 09:31

tigerfeat wrote:
Cas boxer wrote:
How did you think Trueman played
Clearly best game played for us, now let's see if ge can do it consistently that's what sorts class players from the average. Think most off team had there best game for us let's hope same next weekend

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 06 Sep 2019, 10:11

really enjoyed the way we played last night.credit where it is due to two players I have bagged this season in trueman and blair.jake in particular looked exceptional last night.roll on wigan next week.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 06 Sep 2019, 11:02

Cas boxer wrote:
Welcome to the forum Cas boxer
I was saying it from day 1 that Cheyse Blair would come good, although I said it would be from next season. So glad that he has proved so many wrong (and me right). There was one certain poster, who hasn’t surfaced for a while, who was adamant in his portrayal that’s CB was a waste of time and money. Hopefully said poster hasn’t choked on the “slab” of Humble Pie they’re surely due to consume.
Enjoy the forum
F27

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 06 Sep 2019, 11:56

Fumper27 wrote:
Cas boxer wrote:
I was saying it from day 1 that Cheyse Blair would come good, although I said it would be from next season. So glad that he has proved so many wrong (and me right). There was one certain poster, who hasn’t surfaced for a while, who was adamant in his portrayal that’s CB was a waste of time and money. Hopefully said poster hasn’t choked on the “slab” of Humble Pie they’re surely due to consume.
Enjoy the forum
F27
Cas boxer aka flow?going off first 2 posts

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 06 Sep 2019, 12:22

I will take the win and, more importantly, the way we played but I'm not counting my chickens yet. Tough game next week as like some on here believe of Cas, Wigan seem to be peaking at the right time.

I do hope Trueman builds on that performance which should give him a load of confidence for the possible run-in, potentially increasing his chances of a GB shirt.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 06 Sep 2019, 13:20

Scoopage wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Cas boxer wrote:
Enjoy the forum
F27
100% is and judging by some of the responses to him I think most people can see it!

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 06 Sep 2019, 14:23

SREGITSAC wrote:
Scoopage wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Cas boxer wrote:
Enjoy the forum
F27
100% is and judging by some of the responses to him I think most people can see it!
Stevie Wonder would be able to see it

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 06 Sep 2019, 14:37

Did Blair actually play well? Just because he actually scored a try doesn't mean he played well. He should have passed it to his winger who was in space and then it was a dubious try at best. I thought he did ok. Wasnt bad, nice hit on Kelly generally solid in defence which seems his best asset. His understanding with minikin is none existant but still think he's playing like a back rower, very much how wardle wanted to play, I think he's playing better because he looks fitter. I'm in the 'judge him after a pre season' brigade.
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 06 Sep 2019, 15:27

Cas boxer wrote:
And........... block.

St Albans tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by St Albans tiger » 06 Sep 2019, 16:40

In response to the Blair point about passing to his winger I assume you mean just before Trueman scored his third - personally I disagree. Blair received the ball on an outward curve as the defense was drifting. If he had simply shipped the ball on minkin he would have been smashed by 2 defenders, winger and fullback, and probably into touch. The only option was to bring the ball inside, to draw the defenders in. He took the hit from his man and the inside cover. Released the ball to Trueman who ran through the gap he produced. Good play in my book. Personally the art of being a good centre is knowing when to pass and when not to. Too many centres simply throw a ball out and the winger has to do the cutting inside and then gets smashed. Given the centre is normally more powerful its them getting hit not the wingers.

Trevork52

Post by Trevork52 » 06 Sep 2019, 17:08

Watched this last night and the look that Sheridan gave DP when Blair scored was priceless!

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 07 Sep 2019, 03:36

Trevork52 wrote:Watched this last night and the look that Sheridan gave DP when Blair scored was priceless!
You’re right. It was a thing of beauty - not something that has been said about Shez too often....!!!