Cas tigers Ladies

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Post Reply
HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly
Posts: 15141
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:55 am

Re: Cas tigers Ladies

Post by HuddsTigers » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:13 pm

tigerfeat wrote:
Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:08 pm
Bookies think we're nailed on for glory 1-4 to win grand final with sky bet
Given the final is at St Helens (nothing like a unfair disadvantage hey!) I'd probably say they are faves given the result yesterday.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

tigerfeat
Dale Fritz
Posts: 7253
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: Cas tigers Ladies

Post by tigerfeat » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:16 pm

1-4 Cas
11-2 saints
11-2 leeds
20s pie eaters

User avatar
Flat Capper
Alan Hardisty
Posts: 14240
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:10 am
Location: Where ever I lay my fat

Re: Cas tigers Ladies

Post by Flat Capper » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:38 pm

The performances over the whole of the season suggest they should win the GF but we all remember the men in 2017...
Image
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Leeds tiger
Dean Widders
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:43 pm

Re: Cas tigers Ladies

Post by Leeds tiger » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:32 pm

If we do manage to get to the final I’ll be putting quite a bit on the other team to win. Cas and finals don’t mix. No matter the gender these days.

tigerfeat
Dale Fritz
Posts: 7253
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: Cas tigers Ladies

Post by tigerfeat » Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:31 am

coach Anfield says she questioned the players attitude after Sundays match (the saints girls had more desire and will to win the game same as the cup final against Leeds )
sounds a familiar story with cas teams of late
hope theres a big crowd down sunday, two games to become a champion team...

User avatar
The Fox
Junior Moors
Posts: 534
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:10 am

Re: Cas tigers Ladies

Post by The Fox » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:24 pm

From the Love Rugby League website:

Castleford left frustrated

Castleford women’s team have been left frustrated after discovering they won’t receive medals following their League Leaders’ Shield triumph.

Medals were noticeably absent at the recent presentation of the shield, unlike the men’s, and it had been thought they had simply been delayed. Although the women’s game has progressed, it still needs greater external investment, though the RFL’s move to pay international players has been welcomed.

casjunction
Danny Orr
Posts: 1124
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:48 pm

Re: Cas tigers Ladies

Post by casjunction » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:41 pm

Posted. this message on September 18th
For once I was not the late Cas Junction!

Mucky1978
Junior Moors
Posts: 699
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:07 pm

Re: Cas tigers Ladies

Post by Mucky1978 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:57 pm

tigerfeat wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:31 am
coach Anfield says she questioned the players attitude after Sundays match (the saints girls had more desire and will to win the game same as the cup final against Leeds )
sounds a familiar story with cas teams of late
hope theres a big crowd down sunday, two games to become a champion team...
They all walk around Cas like they are something special I expect them not to win the final.

Fumper27
Michael Eagar
Posts: 4736
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:10 am

Re: Cas tigers Ladies

Post by Fumper27 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:17 pm

Mucky1978 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:57 pm
tigerfeat wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:31 am
coach Anfield says she questioned the players attitude after Sundays match (the saints girls had more desire and will to win the game same as the cup final against Leeds )
sounds a familiar story with cas teams of late
hope theres a big crowd down sunday, two games to become a champion team...
They all walk around Cas like they are something special I expect them not to win the final.
They are. They came within one game of going a whole league campaign unbeaten. That in itself should be celebrated.

derbystiger
Danny Orr
Posts: 1551
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:40 am

Re: Cas tigers Ladies

Post by derbystiger » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:35 pm

Let’s just hope that the weather ain’t too bad on Sunday so a decent crowd turns up

Mucky1978
Junior Moors
Posts: 699
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:07 pm

Re: Cas tigers Ladies

Post by Mucky1978 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:07 pm

Fumper27 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:17 pm
Mucky1978 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:57 pm
tigerfeat wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:31 am
coach Anfield says she questioned the players attitude after Sundays match (the saints girls had more desire and will to win the game same as the cup final against Leeds )
sounds a familiar story with cas teams of late
hope theres a big crowd down sunday, two games to become a champion team...
They all walk around Cas like they are something special I expect them not to win the final.
They are. They came within one game of going a whole league campaign unbeaten. That in itself should be celebrated.
There far from special the times I have seen them half of them can’t catch ball.

Suppose it’s good for a laugh tho.

matt_casfan
Dean Widders
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:18 pm
Location: Behind the sticks

Re: Cas tigers Ladies

Post by matt_casfan » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:01 pm

Mucky1978 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:07 pm


There far from special the times I have seen them half of them can’t catch ball.

Suppose it’s good for a laugh tho.
Pathetic post.
Image

Nu Shooze
Dean Widders
Posts: 456
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:40 pm

Re: Cas tigers Ladies

Post by Nu Shooze » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:06 pm

matt_casfan wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:01 pm
Mucky1978 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:07 pm


There far from special the times I have seen them half of them can’t catch ball.

Suppose it’s good for a laugh tho.
Pathetic post.
Nothing new as far as this individual is concerned

User avatar
Danny Boy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4500
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:13 pm

Re: Cas tigers Ladies

Post by Danny Boy » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:29 pm

It takes all sorts, I'm sure 99.9% of Cas supporters appreciate what our girls have done and how far they've come! Proof of that is the attendances they have been getting, which are bigger than most Championship mens teams.

Keep it up girls and bring the big one home, to accompany the shield (which in my eyes, really already is the big one).
Image

Danny Boy

HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly
Posts: 15141
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:55 am

Re: Cas tigers Ladies

Post by HuddsTigers » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:51 pm

Mucky1978 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:07 pm
Fumper27 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:17 pm
Mucky1978 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:57 pm
tigerfeat wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:31 am
coach Anfield says she questioned the players attitude after Sundays match (the saints girls had more desire and will to win the game same as the cup final against Leeds )
sounds a familiar story with cas teams of late
hope theres a big crowd down sunday, two games to become a champion team...
They all walk around Cas like they are something special I expect them not to win the final.
They are. They came within one game of going a whole league campaign unbeaten. That in itself should be celebrated.
There far from special the times I have seen them half of them can’t catch ball.

Suppose it’s good for a laugh tho.
Out of interest Mucky, what's the highest standard of rugby you've played at (if at all)? I'm assuming that even if you've played open age amateur rugby, that you'll have seen new kids in younger age groups take up the sport and start learning.

The CTRLFC women team are far more advanced in their development than a lot of other sides and that's despite their young age. Give them some credit!
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Post Reply