Pause for thought

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Pause for thought

Post by Piquad1 » 25 Aug 2019, 16:58

Are the referees getting a lot of decisions wrong or am I imagining it. The challenge cup final 2 St Helens tries disallowed 1 Warrington try dissalowed not in a million years. The superleague players delibaretly calling for fouls that aren't and getting the support of the officials. Head high tackles and getting away with it ripping ball out getting away with it some players should be nominated for an Oscar for there play acting. Some should be charged with abh with intent because it stands out a mile the intent was there. I could name a few players but no I won't. The referees should start doing their job because it's only a matter of time before someone gets seriously hurt. Once the referees lose control over a situation game over. Come on referees get your act together it's becoming a joke. :-$

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Pause for thought

Post by casjunction » 25 Aug 2019, 17:16

Said similar a while ago.
It seems some players are coached to cheat.
Whilst others take their own initiative.
Ala Bird and Catalan last week which l thought he did to himself resulted in a yellow card for Broncos.
We had up and until this season players gaining penalties by playing the ball at opposition.
There are a whole host of cynical plays to dupe the ref.
Yes l question some decisions but would like to see the other officials play a much more active part and a bit more honesty.
But if you think lm going to stop shouting forward pass any time soon.
Are you serious!!!!

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 25 Aug 2019, 17:35

Lol

black golf

Post by black golf » 25 Aug 2019, 17:50

Couldn't agree with ou more, my own personell point of contention is at the play the ball, the rule originally stated that the ball had to be placed on the ground and rolled back with the foot, for some reason the rule was changed and players only had to attempt to play the ball with foot, now we see no attempt to play the ball at most players roll the ball backwards with their hands, and of course the referees choose to show a blind eye. In oz every player now plays the ball with their foot, it does not slow the game down, and referees have no cause to blow for penalties, why cant we do this in our game, could it be that the referees are against it or could it be that they want to decide who they want to punish for the infraction ,if so then every referee could interpret the rule differently.

Piquad1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Piquad1 » 26 Aug 2019, 04:40

Here here Golf