St Helens vs Cas (now on Sky)

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: St Helens vs Cas (now on Sky)

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Aug 2019, 09:53

Pretty sure we have GPS systems. All players have them fitted so we can tell when we need to pull them off.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

ERG2012
League One Player
League One Player

Post by ERG2012 » 16 Aug 2019, 11:22

[quote="so we can tell when we need to pull them off.[/quote]

Modern players get everything these days......

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 16 Aug 2019, 12:28

HuddsTigers wrote:Pretty sure we have GPS systems. All players have them fitted so we can tell when we need to pull them off.
Not so Hudds and suspect you have a slight lack of knowledge about what you are saying and understanding.

A pure GPS system only monitors what distances in what time you have achieved only and are usually data downloaded after a game, however some systems do have integrated systems which provide some Physiological readings and unsure what systems the RFL have provided - I'm also not sure if the RFL allow live monitoring during a game anyway as I believe in football it's not allowed, so if that is the case, then its a case of seeing the data afterwards and monitoring on field performance say by video in assessing players during the game against the data recorded during that game for future reference and making a prediction on when the player is about to blow in fatigue.

What a pure GPS system it doesn't tell you is the heart rate, breathing rate, core temp of a player and that's where you need a PSM (Physiological Status Monitoring) System.

The best system with GPS out there I've seen (and there are a few) is Zephyr PSM systems which is a pure PSM system with added GPS if required, however their accelerometry readings can equally let you know distances and movement and which can live monitor and record. Others out there led by GPS initially and added PSM later are Catapult, GP systems, Stat Sports along with a few others.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 16 Aug 2019, 12:36

CTSC will be able to clarify since they made a donation to help out the club expand their GPS programme:

https://www.castlefordtigers.com/mobile ... hp?id=6250
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 16 Aug 2019, 12:47

Yes well it's all very well having a GPS system and it's of no use unless it has at least some useful PSM measurements and all depends on what they have got and how it is being used. Nice to have the hardware to perform and analyse with but it does need the personnel to understand it all and make true assessments which hopefully Cas have in place.

If you want to look at a great system that defines down to the Nth degree, have a look at www.ZephyrAnywhere.com - the guy I know who has the Sports Science local company has this tech along with some other great Sports Science Tech and has supplied most of the Premiership Football Clubs with certain technologies he has available along with Universities for research.

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 16 Aug 2019, 14:14

Tamworth Tiger wrote:I can’t do that. My daughter’s married to a Saints fan and I sit in the middle of them at away matches in my Cas shirt being patronised about how we’ve given them a ‘good game ‘
We’ve just got to win!

There's always the 2017 Semi Final at home to shut them up. At least until they win it all this year.

Brummietiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Brummietiger » 16 Aug 2019, 18:54

Tamworth Tiger wrote:
Brummietiger wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:I can’t do that. My daughter’s married to a Saints fan and I sit in the middle of them at away matches in my Cas shirt being patronised about how we’ve given them a ‘good game ‘
We’ve just got to win!
My wife and I will be stood in the middle of their end in full Cas colours for the upcoming game, our son is marrying into a Saints family and is now a Saints fan. Looking for retribution for the last time we stood there in the embarrassing defeat the beginning of last season, the stick received was just about bearable. Hoping to return the same compliments to them this time round. :pray: :pray:
That’s impressive that you’re doing it even though your son has swapped sides! Now it’s on TV we won’t make a final call on whether we’re going until after Sunday, but if we do we will look out for more Cas shirts!!
Our son was never a rugby league fan never mind a Cas fan, he has just grown into the game since he has been living up there attending games with his future in-laws and has become a Saints fan....unfortunately!!
Cas have been my chosen team since the Saturday afternoon 3pm games on the BBC in the Eddie Waring commentated games. Will look out for any other Cas fans in the Saints end as well, say hello if you go.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 16 Aug 2019, 20:25

Brummietiger wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:
Brummietiger wrote:
We’ve just got to win!
My wife and I will be stood in the middle of their end in full Cas colours for the upcoming game, our son is marrying into a Saints family and is now a Saints fan. Looking for retribution for the last time we stood there in the embarrassing defeat the beginning of last season, the stick received was just about bearable. Hoping to return the same compliments to them this time round. :pray: :pray:
Will do. My son and daughter both born in Nottingham but both brought up as Cas fans and proud of it. My wife is also from Nottingham but a Cas fan by marriage! We tolerate the Saints fans in the family. They always support Cas when not playing Saints. I can’t pretend that works both ways though!
I’ll look out for you

That’s impressive that you’re doing it even though your son has swapped sides! Now it’s on TV we won’t make a final call on whether we’re going until after Sunday, but if we do we will look out for more Cas shirts!!
Our son was never a rugby league fan never mind a Cas fan, he has just grown into the game since he has been living up there attending games with his future in-laws and has become a Saints fan....unfortunately!!
Cas have been my chosen team since the Saturday afternoon 3pm games on the BBC in the Eddie Waring commentated games. Will look out for any other Cas fans in the Saints end as well, say hello if you go.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 16 Aug 2019, 21:00

Sorry my post appeared in the middle of my earlier post. I need to be more careful!!