Huddersfield Away

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Huddersfield Away

Post by flow » 14 Aug 2019, 17:51

classycas57 wrote:
greenhouse wrote:if getting 9000 average crowds means we can go down the marquee route, then why did we sign bang average players after 2017 when wasn't our average around the 9000 mark ?. seems to me the club always blames the supporters rather than look at there own performance.
I agree
This I think sums up were we went wrong should off kicked on after 2017 but decided to waist money. On players who was not up to super league standard. I don't agree with hudds tiger that cas fans should not expect to be challenge in for top honours negative attitude and small club mentality good post :dance:

Squaddie86
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Squaddie86 » 14 Aug 2019, 18:28

HuddsTigers wrote:
yorky wrote:
We have a loyal core fanbase but I'd question the wider town support who only seem to come out for big games every season.
your still not accepting the stupid kickoff time could be part of the problem?
School holidays? Evening time? Weekend? Leeds Utd played at lunch time so no clashes with football.

And the fact we play at 7:45pm on Thurs/Fri. So no, I think it has little bearing or relevance to be honest.

Agreed.

If people cant show up on a Saturday evening during the school holidays then they're never showing up.

There's basically shift workers who can't make that, and they'll struggle no matter what.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 14 Aug 2019, 20:27

HuddsTigers wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:Not for me. Salford have had a stand out season and deserve to be up there. It’s good that we now think pushing for the top 5 with 4 games to go is evidence of a poor season though.
We finished 3rd last year, 5th is probably the highest we can finish with the games we have coming up. That is not an improvement from the year before. Everyone below us, have been even poorer, we're lucky the likes of Leeds and Catalan after spending big have had an awful year, otherwise we'd be further down that table.
It isn't realistic to expect an improvement from 3 when Saints, Wire, Wigan, Hull, Catalans can all spend more than us and on marquee players.

My own personal expectations are that we should be aiming for 4th every season with the aim of knocking out one of the above.

The season has been inconsistent - not disappointing, though I guess you can be disappointed by inconsistency. But that's the same for every side - look at the league. Barring Saints every other side has lost games in double digits.
We can spend on a marquee If we plan it into the business model
Audacter Et Sincere

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 15 Aug 2019, 09:50

Mysterio wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:Not for me. Salford have had a stand out season and deserve to be up there. It’s good that we now think pushing for the top 5 with 4 games to go is evidence of a poor season though.
We finished 3rd last year, 5th is probably the highest we can finish with the games we have coming up. That is not an improvement from the year before. Everyone below us, have been even poorer, we're lucky the likes of Leeds and Catalan after spending big have had an awful year, otherwise we'd be further down that table.
It isn't realistic to expect an improvement from 3 when Saints, Wire, Wigan, Hull, Catalans can all spend more than us and on marquee players.

My own personal expectations are that we should be aiming for 4th every season with the aim of knocking out one of the above.

The season has been inconsistent - not disappointing, though I guess you can be disappointed by inconsistency. But that's the same for every side - look at the league. Barring Saints every other side has lost games in double digits.
We can spend on a marquee If we plan it into the business model
I'd love a marquee player but he'd have to be a bit special. Fantastic on and off the field.

A genuine contender for man of Steel and someone who'd put bums on seats. But they generally don't come over now a days.

Sonny bill is going to Toronto and he'd do. But can we afford a million pound a season because that's the sort of money you'd need to pay.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 15 Aug 2019, 11:18

Squaddie86 wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
yorky wrote:
We have a loyal core fanbase but I'd question the wider town support who only seem to come out for big games every season.
School holidays? Evening time? Weekend? Leeds Utd played at lunch time so no clashes with football.

And the fact we play at 7:45pm on Thurs/Fri. So no, I think it has little bearing or relevance to be honest.

Agreed.

If people cant show up on a Saturday evening during the school holidays then they're never showing up.

There's basically shift workers who can't make that, and they'll struggle no matter what.
Interesting I’ve just been reading that the average British worker is earning just 21k a year, they added in the cost of living and all bills and on average it left £58 a week to spend on luxuries. That wouldn’t pay a family into watch a game. I’ve been saying it for a while we are a working class town and it is becoming harder and harder for families to stump up the cash to get to games. The club as to balance its books but it cannot be reliant on supporters coming through the gates has I can only see gates falling as the price continues to go up.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 15 Aug 2019, 13:50

I wouldn’t get out of bed for 21k fgs.
Audacter Et Sincere

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 15 Aug 2019, 13:55

Mysterio wrote:I wouldn’t get out of bed for 21k fgs.
Nice when you can earn more.....some can’t.

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 15 Aug 2019, 14:11

braytontiger wrote:
Squaddie86 wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
yorky wrote:

Agreed.

Interesting I’ve just been reading that the average British worker is earning just 21k a year, they added in the cost of living and all bills and on average it left £58 a week to spend on luxuries. That wouldn’t pay a family into watch a game. I’ve been saying it for a while we are a working class town and it is becoming harder and harder for families to stump up the cash to get to games. The club as to balance its books but it cannot be reliant on supporters coming through the gates has I can only see gates falling as the price continues to go up.
The average Castleford worker doesn't earn nowhere near the British average. Probably more like £16,000

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 15 Aug 2019, 14:11

Only drug dealing that pays more then 21k in cas lol all warehouse work can you sort me out lol

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 15 Aug 2019, 14:38

Some people don’t have a choice

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 15 Aug 2019, 14:39

flow wrote:
Only drug dealing that pays more then 21k in cas lol all warehouse work can you sort me out lol
You must have 18k’s worth with some of stuff you come out with

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 15 Aug 2019, 18:55

Scoopage wrote:
flow wrote:
You. Should get some might get a, sense off humour :D :D

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 15 Aug 2019, 19:46

flow wrote:
Scoopage wrote:
flow wrote:
You. Should get some might get a, sense off humour :D :D
I thought that post was a bit of humour..never mind

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 16 Aug 2019, 08:16

It's going to throw it down tonight. Huddersfield will be happy.

Jonny1975
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Jonny1975 » 16 Aug 2019, 09:12

Games Sunday ??

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 16 Aug 2019, 09:13

Watts on the sidelines and most likely Clarkson time for big will to step up to the plate

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 16 Aug 2019, 10:10

gateman wrote:Watts on the sidelines and most likely Clarkson time for big will to step up to the plate
:lol:

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 16 Aug 2019, 10:11

his tongue with have been in his cheek
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

CasAttack
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasAttack » 16 Aug 2019, 12:27

What's up with Matt Cook does anyone know?

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 16 Aug 2019, 12:40

CasAttack wrote:What's up with Matt Cook does anyone know?
He didn’t look too bad when he was warming up with the team before the London game last week so maybe he’s not far off?