under 19's

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

under 19's

Post by lurcher » 07 Aug 2019, 15:27

any one know where they will be playing their home game this saturday.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: under 19's

Post by braytontiger » 07 Aug 2019, 17:23

lurcher wrote:any one know where they will be playing their home game this saturday.
They are away at Wigan more than likely at robin park

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 13 Aug 2019, 09:12

our under 19s are at home this Thursday 7-00 KO V Wakefield we went to our away fixture at Wakefield we went down 22-34 we were charged £8 and £5 for entry as there second team was playing after, crafty move on their part

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 15 Aug 2019, 20:19

Cas streaming this live on Facebook, just found it. 22 26 with 20 left to play.

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 15 Aug 2019, 20:44

Lost 38 30. Tons of errors in 30 minutes I saw, but when we kept hold of ball we looked pretty good. Summers the prop looks a big unit and scored a barnstorming try late on. Not sure who was commentating but thought he was great.

Let’s talk sense
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Let’s talk sense » 15 Aug 2019, 21:39

Did not attend tonight. Just spoke to son who did and his view was an inability to defend cost them the game again.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 16 Aug 2019, 16:02

as any one an update on the match last night V Wakefield = who were the stand out players and who scored, i did not make it as i was at Beverly races and got home too late, Thanks

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 16 Aug 2019, 16:45

It's hard not to be worried with what's happened to the 19's this season, it's make or bust for these lads and some just aren't good to kick on and become SL players.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 16 Aug 2019, 17:01

as a team we have not performed ,there is a few lads in there with a chance of making it last year we were near the top of the table with three internationals in the team losing them and number of injury's may be the cause of us tumbling down the table, on the bright side our under 16S only lost one in their short season some of these lads may make the step up next season

Let’s talk sense
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Let’s talk sense » 16 Aug 2019, 21:49

gateman wrote:as a team we have not performed ,there is a few lads in there with a chance of making it last year we were near the top of the table with three internationals in the team losing them and number of injury's may be the cause of us tumbling down the table, on the bright side our under 16S only lost one in their short season some of these lads may make the step up next season
So much I want to say my friend but now is not the right time. Shambles will suffice for now. Heartbroken for the dedicated amongst the group and Casper the coach.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 17 Aug 2019, 00:02

Let’s talk sense wrote:
gateman wrote:as a team we have not performed ,there is a few lads in there with a chance of making it last year we were near the top of the table with three internationals in the team losing them and number of injury's may be the cause of us tumbling down the table, on the bright side our under 16S only lost one in their short season some of these lads may make the step up next season
So much I want to say my friend but now is not the right time. Shambles will suffice for now. Heartbroken for the dedicated amongst the group and Casper the coach.
mate, what ever as happened behind the scenes whats rectifying i do hope it is resolved as soon as possible a club like ours need our young players coming through our system when we have been fighting for honours the lads who have got us through in most cases have come though our system,

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Aug 2019, 06:54

Sounds like something's not being done right in regards to our young players ....surprise surprise
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 17 Aug 2019, 15:43

Let’s talk sense wrote:
i went down to the CTSC event "meet the academy". some smashing lads there. casper came over talking to us in the interval and he was so passionate about his young charges and wanting them to do well.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 17 Aug 2019, 17:16

lurcher wrote:
Let’s talk sense wrote:
i went down to the CTSC event "meet the academy". some smashing lads there. casper came over talking to us in the interval and he was so passionate about his young charges and wanting them to do well.
Casper....not a nickname you'd have given him at school. As i was younger than him at Cas High you soon learned he was one of a few lads in higher years you were wise to avoid.

Goes to show people have a capacity to change in time i guess!

Let’s talk sense
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Let’s talk sense » 17 Aug 2019, 19:35

gateman wrote:
Let’s talk sense wrote:
mate, what ever as happened behind the scenes whats rectifying i do hope it is resolved as soon as possible a club like ours need our young players coming through our system when we have been fighting for honours the lads who have got us through in most cases have come though our system,
Nothing happened behind scenes to be honest. Just feel sorry for Casper and rest of coaching staff who good guys. Just massively frustrated. Don’t think 19’s have had same side out from fixture to fixture due to injuries etc. There strongest 17 can hold its own. The fact that they have competed in the recent games is testament to Casper and all concerned.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 31 Aug 2019, 19:33

Beaten 42-28 at Widnes

Awful first half saw them trail 30-6 with only a Donnelly try.
Much improved second half with tries scored by Doyle Peachy Sweeting and Storey. But too little too late.
Thankfully it’s the final game next week.

Let’s talk sense
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Let’s talk sense » 31 Aug 2019, 21:44

Hi Brayton Tiger.
Did you attend the game please?

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 31 Aug 2019, 23:23

Let’s talk sense wrote:Hi Brayton Tiger.
Did you attend the game please?
Yes I did. Like I say awful first half. Better second half. Threw caution to the wind playing a lot more off the cuff and they looked better for it.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 01 Sep 2019, 14:10

thanks for your update Brayton win or loose i like to know whats happening to the future players of our first team squad,this year the 19s have struggled from the start injures and the senior players moving on as not helped, with the resurgence of our 16s some of these lads may take the step up to the 19s next year to give the team the boost that is needed

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 01 Sep 2019, 14:16

gateman wrote:thanks for your update Brayton win or loose i like to know whats happening to the future players of our first team squad,this year the 19s have struggled from the start injures and the senior players moving on as not helped, with the resurgence of our 16s some of these lads may take the step up to the 19s next year to give the team the boost that is needed
Injuries have not helped but been honest the squad hasnt had anything like the depth it should have to play at this level. The thing with u19s is it’s an ever changing landscape and you can go from bottom to top and vice versa in the space of a year.
IMO having watched the 16s and seen how the year 1s have done I think next years U18s will go ok.