Watts

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Re: Watts

Post by the machine » 07 Aug 2019, 17:13

tigerfeat wrote:the way minikins playing it looks a barm pot decision to let him go hindsights a fine thing not many would have thought wells was doing the wrong thing bringing blair in and letting Greg go i certainly didnt,interesting to see how they compare this time next year
Minikin who was doing naff all until he realised he needed to put himself in shop window???
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 07 Aug 2019, 18:38

duke street 10 wrote:Interested to see what start London gets with the bookies now.
London +18
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 07 Aug 2019, 18:50

the machine wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:the way minikins playing it looks a barm pot decision to let him go hindsights a fine thing not many would have thought wells was doing the wrong thing bringing blair in and letting Greg go i certainly didnt,interesting to see how they compare this time next year
Minikin who was doing naff all until he realised he needed to put himself in shop window???
This
Next people will be wanting James Clare secured on a four year deal after 3 half decent games....

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 07 Aug 2019, 18:56

Still dont think minikin is a centre. I can only think of one time hes passed to his winger and that was wakey away. Everything stops with him when he gets the ball. He never looks to pass!
Hes a decent player just more of a winger.

But then again so has Blair! Hes playing more like a backrower!

Theres no creativity in this team
Gonna miss Watts bug time
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 07 Aug 2019, 20:24

Am I the only one not worried about Watts being injured and think timing wise it could be a blessing in disguise.

Without disrespect, we play London next week who rolled last time out comfortably. We then have Huddersfield who may be desperate but no reason we can’t pick up a win.

We have a week off then for the Cup and by the time the 4 weeks are up we come into our key games and a fully rested Watts.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 07 Aug 2019, 21:13

HuddsTigers wrote:Am I the only one not worried about Watts being injured and think timing wise it could be a blessing in disguise.

Without disrespect, we play London next week who rolled last time out comfortably. We then have Huddersfield who may be desperate but no reason we can’t pick up a win.

We have a week off then for the Cup and by the time the 4 weeks are up we come into our key games and a fully rested Watts.
If lose any of the next 2 I wouldn't play him for the rest of the season.

If we win the next 2 we still have a chance of top 5 so he must play last 3.

If it's his choice I'm sure he will want to play as many as possible. Great season and currently top 3 in MOS charts.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 07 Aug 2019, 21:15

HuddsTigers wrote:Am I the only one not worried about Watts being injured and think timing wise it could be a blessing in disguise.

Key games, the season is over, roll on 2020 and better luck on the injury front.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 07 Aug 2019, 22:09

Given there’s Great Britain selection at the end of the season I think Liam will want to play as much as possible.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 07 Aug 2019, 22:33

Fumper27 wrote:Given there’s Great Britain selection at the end of the season I think Liam will want to play as much as possible.
Liam's spot should be guaranteed. Outplayed every other prop in Superleague. Just the ones from NRL to compete with

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 08 Aug 2019, 08:50

Fumper27 wrote:Given there’s Great Britain selection at the end of the season I think Liam will want to play as much as possible.
If Liam Watts isn't selected for GB at the end of the season there is something seriously wrong with the selection policy.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 08 Aug 2019, 09:02

Swagger wrote:
Liam's spot should be guaranteed. Outplayed every other prop in Superleague. Just the ones from NRL to compete with
Don't tell Saints fans that, they keep banging on about how Walmsley had Wattsy in his back pocket at Magic Weekend.

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 08 Aug 2019, 11:35

There is indeed a kind of perverse logic in it isn't there? If you're going to have an enforced break this would probably be the best time,we have two winnable...sorry,should win games even without Watts and the break will probably benefit him in more ways than simply healing the injury that's keeping him out. A refreshed recharged Watts coming into the tougher games would be a potent weapon let's hope the rest of the team don't render that irrelevant with their performances over the next couple of weeks any less than four points and the play offs will be gone,any less than four points and we wouldn't deserve to be on them anyway

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 08 Aug 2019, 12:21

With 5 games left and with the personnel out for us on Saturday, this is Londons last shot at being a Super League club next year and I fully expect them to come at us with everything.

Our record away at John Smiths stadium is awful, Huddersfield, even in their current form are never a gimme. The last 2 seasons prove it.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 08 Aug 2019, 12:30

Didn’t we win there last season in early April?
Sure I went to that

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 08 Aug 2019, 12:33

Tamworth Tiger wrote:Didn’t we win there last season in early April?
Sure I went to that
True the Giants had 10 regulars out but we clung on for a win.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 08 Aug 2019, 12:44

Yes, thought we won.
We never seem to give ourselves the benefit when we have a number of players out and we lose

Ken Smith
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ken Smith » 09 Aug 2019, 08:16

Looking at the remaining fixtures I think that Cas will need to win 4 of them to qualify for the playoffs, but next season should be much better with Luke Gale back. The close matches Cas have lost this season, especially those in extra time should be winnable and if the Magic Weekend formula adopted this season is continued next year we won’t have to play St.Helens at Anfield or wherever. But I agree that the full back position must be resolved. St.Helens are set to dominate Super League for many years, yet in 2017 we beat them 3 times at home including a massive Challenge Cup win and a League match when Daryl Powell rested several players after the Magic Weekend. How the fortunes of both clubs have altered since then can be put down to the recruitment of the full back position. Saints replaced Ben Barba with an even better fullback; Cas haven’t replaced Hardaker.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 09 Aug 2019, 08:27

Ken Smith wrote:Looking at the remaining fixtures I think that Cas will need to win 4 of them to qualify for the playoffs, but next season should be much better with Luke Gale back. The close matches Cas have lost this season, especially those in extra time should be winnable and if the Magic Weekend formula adopted this season is continued next year we won’t have to play St.Helens at Anfield or wherever. But I agree that the full back position must be resolved. St.Helens are set to dominate Super League for many years, yet in 2017 we beat them 3 times at home including a massive Challenge Cup win and a League match when Daryl Powell rested several players after the Magic Weekend. How the fortunes of both clubs have altered since then can be put down to the recruitment of the full back position. Saints replaced Ben Barba with an even better fullback; Cas haven’t replaced Hardaker.
I'd be very surprised to see 4 wins from the remaining fixtures.

Any other time, London and Huddersfield would be 4 points, but i'm not even confident on that - Saints after a Challenge Cup final is 50/50. However, Can't see us competing with both Hull and Wigan who both firmly have 2nd place to play for.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Aug 2019, 08:39

If saints win cup I believe they will rest all there best players for game after Wembley
We might end up going away to Wigan in first knock out round on a Friday night anyone we went on that nightmare Friday last year will not look forward to this encounter too much
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 09 Aug 2019, 09:28

tigerfeat wrote:If saints win cup I believe they will rest all there best players for game after Wembley
We might end up going away to Wigan in first knock out round on a Friday night anyone we went on that nightmare Friday last year will not look forward to this encounter too much
It was indeed a nightmare. The journey up the M6 took forever. We nearly turned back. Wish we had!