On to London

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Dale Fritz

Re: On to London

Post by tigerfeat » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:27 am

One thing that surprised me yesterday Oneill had just scored his first try in next set he puts a bick hit on one of there blokes and Powell takes him off for Massey I think it was for Christ sake keep him on let's see what kids got
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Michael Eagar

Post by Fumper27 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:40 am

Who impressed yesterday and who didn’t?
See Egodo nailed another two scores. His try to game radio must be up there?

flow
BANNED
BANNED

Re: On to Londonyou can

Post by flow » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:56 am

Egodo will now don't make a good championship player don't think you can get carried away with any body's performance considering the opponent's

tigerfeat
Dale Fritz

Post by tigerfeat » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:24 am

Fumper27 wrote:Who impressed yesterday and who didn’t?
Impressed Jessie -Rankin ...Truey in second half

Poor Massey Mcshane Smith Clarkson
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Michael Eagar

Post by Tamworth Tiger » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:36 am

alftupper wrote:does anybody thing McShane might be in trouble (again) for his ‘hand off’ which led to the London player getting a concussion test, I didn’t get a clear enough look at it but was the injury a result of an attack on the head by McShane or the head hitting the ground?
I was wondering that too. The London players didn’t look happy

Tamworth Tiger
Michael Eagar

Post by Tamworth Tiger » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:42 am

flow wrote:Egodo will now don't make a good championship player don't think you can get carried away with any body's performance considering the opponent's
Don’t think it’s right to detract from anyone’s game because of the opponents
You can only play what’s in front of you. London are a very fit team and were playing for their lives yesterday. They have proved on a number of occasions that they are no walkovers this season.
We made a lot of mistakes yesterday and so did they, but the conditions weren’t the easiest and our defence in particular was pretty impressive.
Credit where it’s due.

tigerfeat
Dale Fritz

Post by tigerfeat » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:01 am

Coach Powell said after the game we need to relax and look like we're enjoying playing rugby again
Spot on ...but we've looked that way almost all of the season ?
Vince Lombardi

flow
BANNED
BANNED

Post by flow » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:07 am

Tamworth Tiger wrote:
flow wrote:Egodo will now don't make a good championship player don't think you can get carried away with any body's performance considering the opponent's
Don’t think it’s right to detract from anyone’s game because of the opponents
You can only play what’s in front of you. London are a very fit team and were playing for their lives yesterday. They have proved on a number of occasions that they are no walkovers this season.
We made a lot of mistakes yesterday and so did they, but the conditions weren’t the easiest and our defence in particular was pretty impressive.
Credit where it’s due.
Your right about mistakes one off worse standard off games seen for a long time but unbelievable still got a Stab off play offs if can win three more games

Fumper27
Michael Eagar

Post by Fumper27 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:27 am

tigerfeat wrote:

Thanks
Thanks for answering my question tigerfeat. Did we pick up any injuries / potential bans for the Huddersfield game?

cogito ergo sum
Danny Orr

Post by cogito ergo sum » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:42 am

Fumper27 wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:

Thanks
Thanks for answering my question tigerfeat. Did we pick up any injuries / potential bans for the Huddersfield game?
Clarkson hardly on yesterday, injured. Thought Smith went well. Massey did what he does, and all of them tackled well.

the machine
Adrian Vowles
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:50 am

tigerfeat wrote:

Clarkson went off early doors so can't really say ye was poor

Smith did well,him and millo constantly looking to offload but had no support

Rankin motm and Jesse's role of a second half battering ram worked to a tee
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

tigerfeat
Dale Fritz

Post by tigerfeat » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:52 am

Wish I'd said nowt ha ha
Anybody thought Smith and Massey played well watching a different game to me
Apologies to Clarkson never saw him go off hence the reason I never saw him do much ;)
Last edited by tigerfeat on Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vince Lombardi

jackknife
Luke Gale

Post by jackknife » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:58 am

BigBez10 wrote: I don’t mean to offend anyone with this post but...

I genuinely feel like people go over the top with flows input.

He can be a bit closed minded but at the end of the day it is his opinion and I feel like he has come a long way with with his posts.

No longer is it flow derailing posts but those who disagree with him or have taken some sort of offence to his previous posts and now feel like they must pick apart his posts.

I don’t post often because I feel like the forum has become quite poisonous but less so because of flow and more so because people read flow’s posts and feel they need to contradict everything he says rather than accept that people have different opinions.

We’ve seen it in the past with huddstiger where people would disagree and insult for the sake of insulting because they have decided to take some sort of issue with said poster.
Just my opinion but I think people need to take a step back and accept a difference in opinion and also accept that certain posters have taken steps to seem less like a troll and more like they want to converse about things rugby related
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
100% agree with BigBez10 most of the derailing is people challenging flows views.

CLASSY CAS FOREVER

HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly

Post by HuddsTigers » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:03 am

Tamworth Tiger wrote:
alftupper wrote:does anybody thing McShane might be in trouble (again) for his ‘hand off’ which led to the London player getting a concussion test, I didn’t get a clear enough look at it but was the injury a result of an attack on the head by McShane or the head hitting the ground?
I was wondering that too. The London players didn’t look happy
But neither the ref or Lino saw anything wrong with it. I’m not even sure it went on report either.

From what I recall Walker clobbered McShane round the head first when chasing back too, which led to McShane slowing and shoving him off to get around him again.

But wouldn’t surprise me to see him get banned - it is Cas after all and we are the masters of getting banned for other clubs don’t. Someone has just pointed out on Twitter Walker sliding into Egodo on his knees for the last try. We have been banned for that too.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

gateman
Danny Orr

Post by gateman » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:05 am

why the club plays Saturday night god only knows , Back to the game London came with a game plan as simple as it was slow the ball down in every tackle and play field position, Injuries Clarkson only on short minutes Holmes went of in the second half, i have been no lover of Blair since he came over but last night he had the best game i have seen him play, Pete very effective in the first half, Egodo took his trys well, Rankin had a good game very unfortunate to be denied a try for an alleged tackle in the air , the lad i would have given the man of the match to was Jessse the amount of energy the lad produce helped lift the team and fans alike