On to London

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: On to London

Post by gateman » 09 Aug 2019, 23:44

whats the idea of playing Saturday night, the fans wonted Sunday afternoon KO its bad enough when our masters SKY alter matches but with our club doing it i cant get my head round, i am a season ticket holder retired many years ago i buy a season ticket to support our club knowing full well i will miss at least two or three games , with the switching of fixtures you have to be dedicated to think of buying a season ticket these days

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 09 Aug 2019, 23:47

Cas 28 London 10 attendance 4,900

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 10 Aug 2019, 00:13

flow wrote:
SuffolkTiger wrote:
flow wrote:
CasAttack wrote:I'd use Mcshane and Truey at 6 and 7. Oneill at 9 and use Aston for interchange. Need to give Oneill plenty of game time. Think he is going to be a star for us in the future.
A star is a big title to put on the lads shoulders some people on here do big up players good work man like performances seen at the moment but yes would start him on sat. Mac at half back better footy brain than Trueman take bit off pressure off him in attacking situations when Trueman can't decide what option to take. And def try bail in secound row Pete in centre
Anyone translate this?
sorry don't speak Suffolk maybe should put in a few tractors and who Ares lmao. all ready saying somebody's going to be a star after a few games off bench is a bit over top and trueman decision making when in good attacking position is very poor for pivot player mac at half would take pressure off him is the jest off it don't say you cant understand it just because you don't agree
To be able to agree or disagree with any statement or article you first have to be able to understand it. To facilitate that it needs to be reasonably well constructed in a way that the reader has at least a chance of grasping the points that are being made.

That's where I'm struggling. For example, when you state "And def try bail in secound row" - what does that mean? It makes no sense whatsoever.

I always check my posts for errors before pressing "submit" so that anyone who might be interested in what I've got to say doesn't have to work too hard to understand what I've posted. It's a bit of old fashioned consideration for others. In my childhood years in Cas it's what I was encouraged to do.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 10 Aug 2019, 08:06

SuffolkTiger wrote:
flow wrote:
SuffolkTiger wrote:
flow wrote:
CasAttack wrote:I'd use Mcshane and Truey at 6 and 7. Oneill at 9 and use Aston for interchange. Need to give Oneill plenty of game time. Think he is going to be a star for us in the future.
A star is a big title to put on the lads shoulders some people on here do big up players good work man like performances seen at the moment but yes would start him on sat. Mac at half back better footy brain than Trueman take bit off pressure off him in attacking situations when Trueman can't decide what option to take. And def try bail in secound row Pete in centre
Anyone translate this?
sorry don't speak Suffolk maybe should put in a few tractors and who Ares lmao. all ready saying somebody's going to be a star after a few games off bench is a bit over top and trueman decision making when in good attacking position is very poor for pivot player mac at half would take pressure off him is the jest off it don't say you cant understand it just because you don't agree

That's where I'm struggling. For example, when you state "And def try bail in secound row" - what does that mean? It makes no sense whatsoever.
it means ‘and maybe try Blair in the second row’ not difficult to work out and I’m surprised it was beyond you although I suspect it wasn’t you just took it as an opportunity to once again poke fun at Flow’s spelling and grammar. You’re at it all the time, have you considered maybe he’s dyslexic or similar, borderline bullying as far as I’m concerned.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 10 Aug 2019, 08:52

Don't worry Suffolk. Is a keyboard bully love to meet him face to face think he is one off the tinted brigrade on here with about five different signs on not easy to guess who. ;)

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 10 Aug 2019, 09:54

But sometimes flow’s posts are accurately spelled and include grammar, mostly they don’t, so he can do it if he chooses. What does happen with him however, is thread derailing and wanting to meet face to face to discuss!

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 10 Aug 2019, 10:22

cogito ergo sum wrote:But sometimes flow’s posts are accurately spelled and include grammar, mostly they don’t, so he can do it if he chooses. What does happen with him however, is thread derailing and wanting to meet face to face to discuss!
Best way to confront a bully

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 10 Aug 2019, 10:54

So, why are Cas playing on Saturday, and why on earth half seven?

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 10 Aug 2019, 11:29

JIN JER wrote:So, why are Cas playing on Saturday, and why on earth half seven?
Not sure we seem to have one every year

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 10 Aug 2019, 11:50

Uhuh, but what an absolte crowd killer. 7:30pm on a Saturday night with [REMOVED] weather. Could be lowest attendance for a few year this one.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 10 Aug 2019, 11:57

God knows mate. Ridiculous.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 10 Aug 2019, 12:02

gateman wrote:whats the idea of playing Saturday night, the fans wonted Sunday afternoon KO its bad enough when our masters SKY alter matches but with our club doing it i cant get my head round, i am a season ticket holder retired many years ago i buy a season ticket to support our club knowing full well i will miss at least two or three games , with the switching of fixtures you have to be dedicated to think of buying a season ticket these days
THIS

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tiger53 » 10 Aug 2019, 12:22

I’ve been told that it was the London players who wanted it to be on Saturday night (no idea why that would be) so London asked and Cas agreed.

Don’t know if that’s true but the person that said it said that he’d got that directly from Oggy Holmes.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 10 Aug 2019, 12:30

Tiger53 wrote:I’ve been told that it was the London players who wanted it to be on Saturday night (no idea why that would be) so London asked and Cas agreed.

Don’t know if that’s true but the person that said it said that he’d got that directly from Oggy Holmes.
Makes sense. Can't see the London players wanted to miss the chance of a Saturday night round Cas.

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 10 Aug 2019, 12:31

I was gonna come to this with a few Cas supporting mates as I assumed it might be a three thirty kick off. Bugger half seven. :)

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Aug 2019, 12:34

JIN JER wrote:I was gonna come to this with a few Cas supporting mates as I assumed it might be a three thirty kick off. Bugger half seven. :)
Youd have being shouting for cas then for first time in living memory given the situation ;)
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 10 Aug 2019, 13:08

tigerfeat wrote:
JIN JER wrote:I was gonna come to this with a few Cas supporting mates as I assumed it might be a three thirty kick off. Bugger half seven. :)
Youd have being shouting for cas then for first time in living memory given the situation ;)
Steady on. :) But deep down probably, just wouldn't admit it. :)

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 10 Aug 2019, 13:59

The game was originally set for Saturday because the. Hudds game was scheduled for Friday, giving players more recovery time, then Hudds game moved to Sunday.
Danny Boy

JIN JER
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by JIN JER » 10 Aug 2019, 14:02

Danny Boy wrote:
The game was originally set for Saturday because the. Hudds game was scheduled for Friday, giving players more recovery time, then Hudds game moved to Sunday.
Cheers.

Robbo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Robbo » 10 Aug 2019, 16:31

I can see that Hudd may have changed the next match but could we have not brought it forward to 5.00pm?

I cannot think of a worse time than 7.30 on a sat night.

5000 if we are very lucky.

Bad call by the club. In my opinion

Robbo
Truth is always best !