On to London

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

On to London

Post by heritage1926 » 07 Aug 2019, 08:26

London Saturday, I'd like to see O'Neill kept in and give Macca another week off ready for Huddersfield. Would also like to see Powell make a few changes and drop some under performing players.

Sadly also, I feel that this could be the game that relegates London, IF we beat them. Had a soft spot for them this season, they've battled till the very end. Kudos to Danny Ward playing the brand of rugby we should be playing this year. They've certainly been entertaining, even in defeat.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: On to London

Post by flow » 07 Aug 2019, 09:15

heritage1926 wrote:London Saturday, I'd like to see O'Neill kept in and give Macca another week off ready for Huddersfield. Would also like to see Powell make a few changes and drop some under performing players.

Sadly also, I feel that this could be the game that relegates London, IF we beat them. Had a soft spot for them this season, they've battled till the very end. Kudos to Danny Ward playing the brand of rugby we should be playing this year. They've certainly been entertaining, even in defeat.
I would play o neil at hooker macca in half's we trueman. pete in centre Blair on bench as extra forward drop Clarkson or maher not working at centre for him but big enough for twenty minute spell in forwards . Our even holmes in centre again and a right game there against wire.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 07 Aug 2019, 09:19

Saturday night KO is not for me, but will i be going of course i will, fans on here cant wait for the season to finish not for me, when the season is over i cant wait for it to start again, in the winter months i will be chasing round Saturday afternoon to watch a game Lock lane Sharlston Methley or Upton will do

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 07 Aug 2019, 10:22

Oniell should play remaining games maybe a good young forward emerging can be some positive to take out of a pretty ordinary season
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 07 Aug 2019, 11:53

tigerfeat wrote:Oniell should play remaining games maybe a good young forward emerging can be some positive to take out of a pretty ordinary season
Agreed. He needs game time. Gave 100% on Sunday and is everywhere in defence. Puts some decent hits in too, as he has done in previous games. I’d like to see him do a little more with ball in hand and that will come as he builds confidence with minutes on the field. He has a decent pass on him from dummy half too and delivers the ball quick.

The Firm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by The Firm » 07 Aug 2019, 12:33

I’d be tempted to give more game time to one or two other younger players as well. Perfect opportunity to get them some experience without the pressure of either being in the hunt for a trophy or of relegation.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 07 Aug 2019, 12:42

when the ball is finally over the wall with no chance at all of reaching the top five, this is the time our young guns should be given a go nice to see the fans are wanting to see more of O Neil , Peachey and Lewis Carr among others ought to be given a shot

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 07 Aug 2019, 12:54

With no Watts or either of the Greg's it certainly is the time to give some of the youngsters a chance both to show there worth and develop.
If this is the case let's make sure we get behind them rather than on their backs.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 07 Aug 2019, 13:16

Rankin
Clare
Peanut
Blair
Egodo
Aston
Trueman

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 07 Aug 2019, 13:25

Are we playing sevens?

CasAttack
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasAttack » 07 Aug 2019, 13:48

I'd use Mcshane and Truey at 6 and 7. Oneill at 9 and use Aston for interchange. Need to give Oneill plenty of game time. Think he is going to be a star for us in the future.

stuey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by stuey » 07 Aug 2019, 14:07

We field our strongest possible team. We have to for the integrity of the comp. What are Huddersfield, Leeds, Wakefield & Hull KR going to say about the matter, if we field a weakened side against London and London win.

It was wrong two weeks ago when Saints did it, it would be equally wrong if we do it.

If we lose our last 5, Is it still mathematically certain we can not get relegated??

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 07 Aug 2019, 14:17

CasAttack wrote:I'd use Mcshane and Truey at 6 and 7. Oneill at 9 and use Aston for interchange. Need to give Oneill plenty of game time. Think he is going to be a star for us in the future.
A star is a big title to put on the lads shoulders some people on here do big up players good work man like performances seen at the moment but yes would start him on sat. Mac at half back better footy brain than Trueman take bit off pressure off him in attacking situations when Trueman can't decide what option to take. And def try bail in secound row Pete in centre

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 08 Aug 2019, 12:53

Jamie Ellis in contention to play. Maybe to just get him back into the match day prep after a long lay off but we will see. Hope he plays for his kicking game alone.

I would go -

Rankin
Clare
Pete
Blair
Egodo
Ellis
Trueman
Jesse
McShane
Massey
McMeekan
Holmes
Milner

Millington
Smith
O'Neill
Clarkson

CasAttack
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasAttack » 08 Aug 2019, 12:59

Looking forward to seeing Ellis back. He isnt a world beater but on his day he can have decent games. Will hopefully add some different sort of kicking game as said above.

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 08 Aug 2019, 13:11

CasAttack wrote:Looking forward to seeing Ellis back. He isnt a world beater but on his day he can have decent games. Will hopefully add some different sort of kicking game as said above.
Can't see us losing this win but if we do it's going to be interesting last few games for teams at bottom if we lose this weekend.
🐯 COYF!

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 08 Aug 2019, 13:32

[quote="Swagger"]Jamie Ellis in contention to play. Maybe to just get him back into the match day prep after a long lay off but we will see. Hope he plays for his kicking game alone

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 08 Aug 2019, 13:38

usacas wrote:
Swagger wrote:Jamie Ellis in contention to play. Maybe to just get him back into the match day prep after a long lay off but we will see. Hope he plays for his kicking game alone
Apologies, was trying to comment and screwed up your posting.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 08 Aug 2019, 18:54

I enjoy Saturday night games. Hopefully weather will be a little like this. Nice summer evening.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 09 Aug 2019, 00:30

flow wrote:
CasAttack wrote:I'd use Mcshane and Truey at 6 and 7. Oneill at 9 and use Aston for interchange. Need to give Oneill plenty of game time. Think he is going to be a star for us in the future.
A star is a big title to put on the lads shoulders some people on here do big up players good work man like performances seen at the moment but yes would start him on sat. Mac at half back better footy brain than Trueman take bit off pressure off him in attacking situations when Trueman can't decide what option to take. And def try bail in secound row Pete in centre
Anyone translate this?