On to London

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: On to London

Post by flow » 13 Aug 2019, 00:06

Fumper27 wrote:
gateman wrote:is there any one like me who thought the fans pet hate Chesney improved a lot on the way he as been playing two assists for Egodos trys this week
Fans pet hate??? Give over Gateman. It’s a few folk who know naff all about centre play that are giving him hassle. I’m sure that CB will come good next season.
don't think its pet hate more massive disappointment when a lot on here who don't no any thing about him or rugby come to think off it built him up as a world beater after watching old videos off him . it was my opinion only not fact he would struggle and at moment I am proven right they is no denying that . wish people would not judge players when they have good game against worse team in league dint see any body praising after his embarrassing show at hull k r. I am same as fumper on next year he as to improve because cant get any worse or be finding is way home a reckon. then again he could be average for three years we be stuck with him with long contract is agent managed to get him.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 13 Aug 2019, 05:54

gateman wrote:is there any one like me who thought the fans pet hate Chesney improved a lot on the way he as been playing two assists for Egodos trys this week
Whos chesney
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 13 Aug 2019, 07:57

jackknife wrote:
Whos chesney
Guessing he means Cheyse as he got the 2 assists for Egodo.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Aug 2019, 08:53

jackknife wrote:
Whos chesney
The one and only of course ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 13 Aug 2019, 09:24

What was his performance at HKR like? Bad points..?
Audacter Et Sincere

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 13 Aug 2019, 09:37

Mysterio wrote:What was his performance at HKR like? Bad points..?
Non existent turned is back to high ball twice one causing a try never broke a tackle, could have put Eden in for two trys but never passed it dint chase back when Trueman missed tackled when they scored 70yarder answer to your question probably his worse game.

WallTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by WallTiger » 13 Aug 2019, 10:00

I think there will be some humble pie eating in the future on here from certain posters where Cheyse is concerned. I really do believe he will come good with a full pre-season under his belt and a less injury ravaged team around him so he can build an understanding with regular team mates instead of all the chopping and changing that’s happening every week at the moment.

If he doesn’t then I’ll have the first serving!

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 13 Aug 2019, 10:34

The way I see it, put yourself in Blair’s shoes - imagine you start a new job half way through the year, the team you start in aren’t doing so well and you can feel the pressure already from the people above you and your customers. You get thrown in immediately after a week of training and people want instant results from you. You have a few average weeks and people are already questions your position in the company, yet your one of the most experienced their and worked for better and bigger companies than most in the past. Now, I know I wouldn’t be too happy to be in that situation, so why is it any different for Blair? I think people are being harsh, for harsh sake.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 13 Aug 2019, 10:35

WallTiger wrote:I think there will be some humble pie eating in the future on here from certain posters where Cheyse is concerned. I really do believe he will come good with a full pre-season under his belt and a less injury ravaged team around him so he can build an understanding with regular team mates instead of all the chopping and changing that’s happening every week at the moment.

If he doesn’t then I’ll have the first serving!
I agree I will be eating humble pie and it will taste lovely being wrong on this but can't see it some injury's unfortunately you never get back to were you was. if he could get to half were he, was I would get stuck into that pie.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 13 Aug 2019, 10:42

heritage1926 wrote:The way I see it, put yourself in Blair’s shoes - imagine you start a new job half way through the year, the team you start in aren’t doing so well and you can feel the pressure already from the people above you and your customers. You get thrown in immediately after a week of training and people want instant results from you. You have a few average weeks and people are already questions your position in the company, yet your one of the most experienced their and worked for better and bigger companies than most in the past. Now, I know I wouldn’t be too happy to be in that situation, so why is it any different for Blair? I think people are being harsh, for harsh sake.
Well most firms give you 13weeks to prove your self if your good enough you would shine even more in a poor team. Think people are grabbing at straws if he came over 100% player he was before horrific ankle reconstruction we would have being praising him is first game not waiting 12months for him to start showing is class 3years contract was crazy should be one to prove your self considering injury.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 13 Aug 2019, 11:44

laughable to suggest a competent professional in any walk of life would need a year to settle in.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 13 Aug 2019, 12:07

Blair is terrible
Will never come good because he’s average at best.
Slow as Maher and looks uninterested would of much preferred to of kept Minikin.

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 13 Aug 2019, 12:52

Probably best summed up by the fact that he was completely outplayed by Ben Crooks, released by us a few years ago for being not quite good enough. Mr Blair needs to significantly up his game for me, has been extremely disappointing since his arrival. I'm still prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt due to how badly the team is playing, but you do have to question what did the people who agreed to his signing see that we currently aren't seeing. 2 assists on Saturday gives a bit of encouragement...… but one Swallow does not a summer make!!

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 13 Aug 2019, 12:53

alftupper wrote:laughable to suggest a competent professional in any walk of life would need a year to settle in.
Do you like him because he's named after your favourite politician?
Spreading the Cas gene pool

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Aug 2019, 13:10

It was awful
Laughable for me some people saying he had a decent game against London because he caught and passed the ball to Egodo for two walk in trys
I saw him a lot playing for Melbourne and he's not looked the same player admitted the difference in the players he was playing with then could not be further removed from the ones he's mainly played with so far
On the plus side he's hardly missed a tackle and it as taken players like Vowlsey a season to settle in before he also may be playing with some kind of injury so we will have to see wouldn't surprise me if he came good next season
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 13 Aug 2019, 15:29

flow wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:The way I see it, put yourself in Blair’s shoes - imagine you start a new job half way through the year, the team you start in aren’t doing so well and you can feel the pressure already from the people above you and your customers. You get thrown in immediately after a week of training and people want instant results from you. You have a few average weeks and people are already questions your position in the company, yet your one of the most experienced their and worked for better and bigger companies than most in the past. Now, I know I wouldn’t be too happy to be in that situation, so why is it any different for Blair? I think people are being harsh, for harsh sake.
before horrific ankle reconstruction.
Any chance you can post a link to where it was confirmed that Blair had “horrific ankle reconstruction”. I’ve looked and can only find stories confirming that he fractured his ankle and had surgery but no mention of a reconstruction. Give he was injured in July but back for the start of pre season training in November makes me think that no reconstruction took place. Thanks in advance Flow.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 13 Aug 2019, 16:43

tigerfeat wrote: Laughable for me some people saying he had a decent game against London because he caught and passed the ball to Egodo for two walk in trys
I nearly posted this earlier, his performances have been that poor that shifting the ball along to his winger something any centre is expected to do has prompted high praise.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 13 Aug 2019, 17:50

alftupper wrote:
tigerfeat wrote: Laughable for me some people saying he had a decent game against London because he caught and passed the ball to Egodo for two walk in trys
I nearly posted this earlier, his performances have been that poor that shifting the ball along to his winger something any centre is expected to do has prompted high praise.
Another clueless wonder that has nothing good to say ever. My opinion only obviously.

Paul Franze and Newlove are what you call bad performances

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 13 Aug 2019, 18:46

Fumper27 wrote:
flow wrote:
Any chance you can post a link to where it was confirmed that Blair had “horrific ankle reconstruction”. I’ve looked and can only find stories confirming that he fractured his ankle and had surgery but no mention of a reconstruction. Give he was injured in July but back for the start of pre season training in November makes me think that no reconstruction took place. Thanks in advance Flow.
Ye had it pinned mate like your commitment to this guy got a feeling if I said he was best signing ever you would say. Opposite just to keep debate going :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 13 Aug 2019, 19:20

flow wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
flow wrote:
Ye had it pinned mate like your commitment to this guy got a feeling if I said he was best signing ever you would say. Opposite just to keep debate going :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It’s a fair point flow,nowhere it says horrific reconstruction.having it pinned is not a reconstruction.maybe holds your hands up for once mate and say”yeah I’ve over exaggerated there a bit guys,I’m wrong”maybe just maybe?