Tigers Radio to charge

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: Tigers Radio to charge

Post by nottinghamtiger » 08 Aug 2019, 09:45

vandeveldtsbaldhead wrote:Why are people never satisfied. Some contributors (and they know who they are) are always knocking people and their efforts.
Cas Tigers Radio has been a free service, Harvey and Dave have done this voluntary for the past 3 years, home and away. On Thursday and Friday games in Lancashire, they set off at 4.00pm and get home at midnight.

I think some people think that they are better than those two. I can assure you to do a full commentary of a Rugby match is not an easy task.

Harvey works for SKY TV soccer Saturday , Talk Sport, Doncaster Rovers, and many other radio stations .
On that basis he cant be that bad.

If they dont like the commentary, presumably they will have on on/off switch on their device .
I think most criticism is levelled at the club here, not the individuals. Whilst it’s free, people will begrudgingly accept technical issues etc. When they are paying, it’s not acceptable. It’s the decision to charge for something that isn’t reliable that seems wrong.
I don’t think there will be many listeners, purely because most people who would pay to listen will attend most home games, and many away games are on TV. I think there will only be enough demand when we have non-TV away games and even then, there will be a choice of paying to listen to the club commentary or listening for free elsewhere.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Tigers Radio to charge

Post by tigerfeat » 08 Aug 2019, 10:10

The people who support cas are very loyal there was a big support behind the team on Sunday I can think of a few sets of supporters who wouldn't be so loyal if there team had gone through a season without a experienced half-back and the previous season had gone through most of the season without a recognised full-back
The club have to be careful that it dosnt appear there only mission is to bleed every last penny out of there supporters
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi