On to Hull KR

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: On to Hull KR

Post by tigerfeat » 06 Aug 2019, 08:35

Some players have let Powell down big time since hes been in charge it's just it keeps happening every season and I'm talking Off the field
Anyway that's something he as to sort out IMO
On Saturdays match I've zero enthusiasm but will probably end up going down all same
Last edited by tigerfeat on 06 Aug 2019, 08:58, edited 1 time in total.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

rover1

Post by rover1 » 06 Aug 2019, 08:38

Flat Capper wrote:
cogito ergo sum wrote:Surely teams practise this situation in training because it’s a repeating event. This is the third time this season it’s gone wrong. Everything else in the modern game is from a playbook so why is it not automatic?
That's why I'm suggesting there may be a reason why we do what we do. I may not agree with it but the last play dive over attmept may be our actual game plan.
I would just like to put a different interpretation on the match.

You were lucky to be level at full time.

Your first try came off a lucky deflection, for you, as it made a poor kick that would have been easily collected by Quinlan into a try scoring opportunity.

The long distance breakaway try came from a schoolboy pass by Addy at a time when you were not showing any ability to manufacture an opening for yourselves.

You were awarded an eight point try which IMO was very dubious and should only really have been six points.

26-12 would therefore have been a more realistic score at full time.

We do all see things differently don’t we?

Sir cas alot
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sir cas alot » 06 Aug 2019, 08:39

flow wrote:
gateman wrote:
fords wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:We need to come next season with a totally different attitude I'm sick to death of us throwing away games, trouble in training camps , players in trouble off the field and so on and so on get that sorted because people have had just about enough

Too late for me, better things to spend £24 on every week.
Its your choice mate, but if you had been a Leeds fan you could have stopped going months ago look at the money you would have saved, going down by one point in three matches in games we should have won if we had won these, no one would be complaining as we would have been riding near the top of the table, very poor game management is the cause of fans being upset , like always i shall be there Saturday night
we will put forty against London trueman will look a world beater again clair get another hattrick rankin will look as good as zak pete will get man a match and blair will break a tackle and all the negativity will go :D :D :D :D :D coyf
I belived it all until you said Blair would break a tackle.

Sir cas alot
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sir cas alot » 06 Aug 2019, 08:43

rover1 wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:
cogito ergo sum wrote:Surely teams practise this situation in training because it’s a repeating event. This is the third time this season it’s gone wrong. Everything else in the modern game is from a playbook so why is it not automatic?
That's why I'm suggesting there may be a reason why we do what we do. I may not agree with it but the last play dive over attmept may be our actual game plan.

Your first try came off a lucky deflection, for you, as it made a poor kick that would have been easily collected by Quinlan into a try scoring opportunity.

The long distance breakaway try came from a schoolboy pass by Addy at a time when you were not showing any ability to manufacture an opening for yourselves.

You were awarded an eight point try which IMO was very dubious and should only really have been six points.

Dubious he took his head off, was last defender,bust his nose and lucky to stay on the field. Lucky to be drawing at full time, if Pete kicked the penalty the game would have been over.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 06 Aug 2019, 08:46

rover1 wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:

You made an account just to say that?

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 06 Aug 2019, 11:06

According to the website the club is looking for a mental skills coach (voluntary basis) to work with the academy side.

I wonder if this is a tester for something to cover all the playing squads in the future. Lets hope so...

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 06 Aug 2019, 11:53

think there needs to be some new voice on board maybe change one of his assistant coaches
Vince Lombardi

greenhouse
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by greenhouse » 06 Aug 2019, 11:56

duke street 10 wrote:According to the website the club is looking for a mental skills coach (voluntary basis) to work with the academy side.

I wonder if this is a tester for something to cover all the playing squads in the future. Lets hope so...

typical cas summat for nowt you know what they say if you pay peanuts.

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 06 Aug 2019, 12:17

sparky49 wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:
If that's the case then Powell out, get me in for last 5 games.

If you listen to the interview with Powell after the match he says he is at a loss as to how the players managed to throw the game away, again. The lack of a drop goal attempt has to be the fault of the forwards because apart from Mayer they all have enough experience to make a 3 score difference when the chance arises, they control the play the ball.

Been trying to find the interview, can anyone post a link on here please?
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 06 Aug 2019, 12:18

Can't believe we haven't got a professional sports psychologist providing this across the board, addressing the mental aspects of the game and the thought processes should be a given for a professional sports team and not an afterthought chucked out on a voluntary basis.

43s flyer
League One Player
League One Player

Post by 43s flyer » 06 Aug 2019, 12:26

But that's Cas for you.

therailwayendisnigh
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by therailwayendisnigh » 06 Aug 2019, 12:34

Yet again people without an iota of clue are passing judgement on the club. The club currently employ (PAID) a fully trained psychologist, with a long history in cognitive behavioural therapy to look after the team. I know this because I call him Dad. He's the current Player Welfare Officer. The majority of what is written on here is made up tosh.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 06 Aug 2019, 14:09

therailwayendisnigh wrote:Yet again people without an iota of clue are passing judgement on the club. The club currently employ (PAID) a fully trained psychologist, with a long history in cognitive behavioural therapy to look after the team. I know this because I call him Dad. He's the current Player Welfare Officer. The majority of what is written on here is made up tosh.
It's nothing to with bad psychologist it's a load tosh your right it's players who not good enough for super league standard it's that simple think casmania it the nail on head in early post very poor recruitment is the main course.Wakefield signed escare from Wigan on loan we should a signed him month's ago useing gales cap money

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 06 Aug 2019, 14:26

flow wrote:
therailwayendisnigh wrote:Yet again people without an iota of clue are passing judgement on the club. The club currently employ (PAID) a fully trained psychologist, with a long history in cognitive behavioural therapy to look after the team. I know this because I call him Dad. He's the current Player Welfare Officer. The majority of what is written on here is made up tosh.
It's nothing to with bad psychologist it's a load tosh your right it's players who not good enough for super league standard it's that simple think casmania it the nail on head in early post very poor recruitment is the main course.Wakefield signed escare from Wigan on loan we should a signed him month's ago useing gales cap money
Flow, Wigan wouldn't of allowed Escare to come to us, especially after we blocked their attempts for them to sign Mitch Clark early, he is now at Leigh just to spite Wigan. No way would they send a player of Escare's calibre either to a team competing for top 5 either. Hence they they've shipped him to Wakey for the relegation battle.

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 06 Aug 2019, 14:39

SWISS TONY!! wrote:
sparky49 wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:
If that's the case then Powell out, get me in for last 5 games.

If you listen to the interview with Powell after the match he says he is at a loss as to how the players managed to throw the game away, again. The lack of a drop goal attempt has to be the fault of the forwards because apart from Mayer they all have enough experience to make a 3 score difference when the chance arises, they control the play the ball.

Been trying to find the interview, can anyone post a link on here please?

It's on tiger tv

therailwayendisnigh
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by therailwayendisnigh » 06 Aug 2019, 14:46

The issue with recruitment is that there is a void of available talent, and the club are more than aware of this.

This issue has been developing for years, as participation levels have steadily declined. This lands directly at the feet of the rugby league.

Personally I think part of the answer would be to get more matches on terrestrial TV, make the game more accessible to the masses, but we now have a situation whereby the game is dependent on Sky's money. Catch 22 really.

Don't get me started on the Stobart debacle, as someone that works in marketing, I've never forgiven the RFL for that.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 06 Aug 2019, 15:00

heritage1926 wrote: Wigan wouldn't of allowed Escare to come to us, especially after we blocked their attempts for them to sign Mitch Clark early, he is now at Leigh just to spite Wigan. No way would they send a player of Escare's calibre either to a team competing for top 5 either. Hence they they've shipped him to Wakey for the relegation battle.
Theres the point though. Several of us were suggesting a deal weeks and weeks ago that involved Mitch going to Wigan and Escare coming the other way until the end of the season. Would have suited both clubs. They needed a forward, we needed a back. Did anyone enter into negotiations along these lines?? My money would say that we didn't. Couldn't run a bath at times

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 06 Aug 2019, 15:06

It said on the Wigan forum that deal was being held up because Escare didn't want to move
Who knows
Vince Lombardi

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 06 Aug 2019, 15:10

Like everyone who went to KR when we went two scores down my heart sank as the way we have played l thought there was no way back.
The lo and behold we have a twelve point cushion it was time for simple no risk plays unfortunately we did not get it.
Pete penalty miss with minutes to was a heart breaker, however he was not a kicker until he came to Cas.
Then with the option for a one pointer we decided not to take it was it lack of faith in Trueman.
Then Mcguire reminded us as if we needed reminding why he has been such an influential player for so long.
I have to admit we do seem to find it difficult to use our cap space as well as some teams.
I do think location is a factor. Perpignan or Cas anywhere else for that matter not a lot of contest.
Then compare Cas to the location of some other top clubs in fact most other Super League clubs it must factor in lifestyle etc for partners and families.
You only have to read comments on New Ground thresd
Chance of Silverware.
It must be a hard sell.
We have without doubt missed Gale.
Difficult to know why the dispensation was sought but not used.
Watts has without argument been the exception in terms of quality recruitment.
Had Wardle played for us like he had with the Giants he in my opinion would have been up there.
Hardacre was without doubt a massive coupe albeit it his flaws came to the flaws in his character. .
Had it not been for the 2017 would people still have had the same expectation.
I agree we seem to usually do not respond well when the chips are down
Will l stop watching them rather than pop down the road to The Emerald Stadium with their fabulous facilities, big name signing save on petrol, chance of silverware.
Not a snowballs.
COYF let's rip it up against London.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 06 Aug 2019, 15:29

Said it before and I’ll say it again.
We are mentally weak.