On to Hull KR

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: On to Hull KR

Post by flow » 01 Aug 2019, 14:17

When's squad announced

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 01 Aug 2019, 14:21

Should be friday as we play sunday

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 01 Aug 2019, 22:13

Win on Sunday and we are 2 points off 3rd with a much better points difference than Hull.

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 01 Aug 2019, 22:18

Rankin
Clare
Minikin
Blair
Egodo
Trueman
Peanut
Watts
O'Neill
Clarkson
McMeeken
Holmes
Milner

Smith
Massey
Millington
JSL

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 01 Aug 2019, 22:36

Cas currently drifting in my firms markets due to a couple of unusual four figure bets on KR +6pts so spread been adjusted to KR +4pts not expecting that to change now unless some major surprises in squad announcements.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 02 Aug 2019, 12:05

Egodo and McShane out
Eden and Aston in

Does that out the rumour to bed from the rumour mill section on Eden that he's leaving....

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 02 Aug 2019, 12:18

Swagger wrote:Egodo and McShane out
Eden and Aston in

Does that out the rumour to bed from the rumour mill section on Eden that he's leaving....
They could encase him in concrete in front of the main stand and they'd still say he was leaving.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 02 Aug 2019, 13:02

Surprised to see Minikin and Maher in squad when they are set to join them next season. With HKR fighting for their SL survival it is not in Minikin and Big Wils interest to secure a Cas win surely.

andymc133
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by andymc133 » 02 Aug 2019, 13:13

Sharlotiger wrote:Surprised to see Minikin and Maher in squad when they are set to join them next season. With HKR fighting for their SL survival it is not in Minikin and Big Wils interest to secure a Cas win surely.

Good point that deffo gonna be split loyalties

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 02 Aug 2019, 13:23

Sharlotiger wrote:Surprised to see Minikin and Maher in squad when they are set to join them next season. With HKR fighting for their SL survival it is not in Minikin and Big Wils interest to secure a Cas win surely.
As it been announced minikin going to hull Kr?ive not seen anything.not saying it isn’t happening but not seen owt

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 02 Aug 2019, 13:28

andymc133 wrote:

Good point that deffo gonna be split loyalties
However, on the flip side it wouldn't also endear themselves to their new fans/teammates if they played poorly, and they may also see this as a real chance to win something still. Unlikely to do that at KR without some serious quality recruitment I'd imagine.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 02 Aug 2019, 13:33

Eden could be included just to fill the numbers - we'll have to see.

Rankin
Clare
Minikin
Blair
Eden
Matautia
Trueman
Watts
Milner
Smith
McMeeken
Holmes
Massey

Millington
Clarkson
Jesse
O'Neill

If Eden doesn't play, Minikin to wing, Holmes to centre, Jesse starts and Maher on the bench.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 02 Aug 2019, 14:04

Hope we see a big game from Blair with two weeks off going be a tough game lose and think can wave good by to top five

Danny Boy
Verified

Post by Danny Boy » 02 Aug 2019, 15:03

Scoopage wrote:
As it been announced minikin going to hull Kr?ive not seen anything.not saying it isn’t happening but not seen owt
May have had a change of heart and KR relegation would make him free agent, even re sign here.
Having said that, I’m sure he’ll give his all to our cause!
Danny Boy

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 02 Aug 2019, 15:18

Whilst it may receive favour if he 'plays' for KR, if I were they I would question his loyalty as he's no good to them in two/three years time when they may need him to fight against another club they could be battling with.

You just don't employ professional sports personel who aren't professional.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 02 Aug 2019, 16:18

Flat Capper wrote:Whilst it may receive favour if he 'plays' for KR, if I were they I would question his loyalty as he's no good to them in two/three years time when they may need him to fight against another club they could be battling with.

You just don't employ professional sports personel who aren't professional.
And you don't throw away the chance of a lucrative 2 year contract and make yourself unemployed either. the chance to pick up a comparable deal if HKR did get relegated and decided they didn't want them would be very difficult at that point of the year and would probably mean they were on less money than Cas were offering them originally.

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 02 Aug 2019, 20:55

flow wrote:Hope we see a big game from Blair with two weeks off going be a tough game lose and think can wave good by to top five
come on give the bloke a chance, it’s clearly too early for him to be putting in performances you’d normally expect from an NRL veteran it’s obvious he needs a full pre season over a freezing cold, damp northern winter to hone his skills and get used to his new environment he’s come from the other side of the world and is probably still suffering from the effects of jet lag. We need to show the lad patience and I honestly believe he will be paying us back in spades come 2025

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 03 Aug 2019, 07:33

I hope Hull KR play like Huddersfield last night :shock:

On the plus side to last night result Agar might end up with the Leeds job next season.

Tigerg
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigerg » 03 Aug 2019, 08:42

Did you watch London vs KR a few weeks back? Jordan Abdull had one of the games of his life to lead London to a 2 point win over KR and he’s joining them next season. Shouldn’t be a problem if Minikin has anything about him

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 03 Aug 2019, 08:49

duke street 10 wrote:I hope Hull KR play like Huddersfield last night :shock:

On the plus side to last night result Agar might end up with the Leeds job next season.
No chane off that we Tony smith in charge going to be like cup game this knocked out top five for us religation for them.