best win worse lose

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: best win worse lose

Post by SuffolkTiger » 27 Jul 2019, 10:30

flow wrote:
SuffolkTiger wrote:
flow wrote:this as being another good thread really enjoyed reading peoples memory's its reminded me off a few I put to back off mind like the York away in cup . shame the little gang who as blocked me as not given their memories but don't matter some very good response and great memories and some not so great . Lets hope we get plenty off more good ones and not so many bad ones lol come on you fords.
There is something quite uncomfortable about you not being able to resist trying to turn this thread into something about you by posting that. Strange really.

Why not stick to the rugby and leave the playground stuff where it belongs?
strange you would pick that up and not had any thing to do with the thread what was your best and worse games :roll: why waist posting when nothing to do with the thread .I was just making a point there missing out on some good threads being childish and blocking me because they don't agree with some off my opinions , why would I derail my own thread you cant make it up please block me like rest off your old original forum gang who thought they owned and police this forum . forums being a lot better with out these people proper people have added value to my last two threads. no more standing on egg shells for these handful off people who think they own this lovely forum. :hand: :hand:
Oh dear. I had forgotten that it was the children's school holidays.

I don't have a problem with anyone who has a difference of opinion to me. It's healthy.

The issues with your posts are more about your aggression, immaturity, inappropriate language, inproper humour, a lack of consideration towards other users and your constant moaning.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 27 Jul 2019, 11:37

SuffolkTiger wrote:
flow wrote:
SuffolkTiger wrote:
flow wrote:this as being another good thread really enjoyed reading peoples memory's its reminded me off a few I put to back off mind like the York away in cup . shame the little gang who as blocked me as not given their memories but don't matter some very good response and great memories and some not so great . Lets hope we get plenty off more good ones and not so many bad ones lol come on you fords.
There is something quite uncomfortable about you not being able to resist trying to turn this thread into something about you by posting that. Strange really.

Why not stick to the rugby and leave the playground stuff where it belongs?
strange you would pick that up and not had any thing to do with the thread what was your best and worse games :roll: why waist posting when nothing to do with the thread .I was just making a point there missing out on some good threads being childish and blocking me because they don't agree with some off my opinions , why would I derail my own thread you cant make it up please block me like rest off your old original forum gang who thought they owned and police this forum . forums being a lot better with out these people proper people have added value to my last two threads. no more standing on egg shells for these handful off people who think they own this lovely forum. :hand: :hand:
Oh dear. I had forgotten that it was the children's school holidays.

I don't have a problem with anyone who has a difference of opinion to me. It's healthy.

The issues with your posts are more about your aggression, immaturity, inappropriate language, inproper humour, a lack of consideration towards other users and your constant moaning.
I haven't blocked anybody, i don't think i own the forum, i don't think my opinion is the only one. I don't expect people to have the same opinion as me all the time, i agree with some peoples opinions on here some i don't that's all normal and what a forums for.

I'm just no longer going to use it as i'm bored of Flow's tripe.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 Jul 2019, 13:15

Best game I’ve witnessed personally is the Saints semi-Final. The sheer edge of seat stuff, the absolute emotion and noise when Gale slotted home the DG. Pure sporting legend.

In terms of worst game, probably any one where we have been roundly embarrassed. Fev away, Barrow at home in cup games.

Cup finals are bad but they are only picked for the occasions. I’d rather view them as an achievement to get there in the first place. I don’t place them in the bad bracket.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 27 Jul 2019, 17:34

Best win...The regal trophy final against Wigan. Its was the complete performance against a team full of internationals and in 1994 the only fully professional squad, they didn't score a try and i believe its Wigan's largest defeat in a major final!

Worst loss...The Grand final 2017. The Hardaker saga seems a convenient excuse for the defeat,but i still felt we had enough in the squad to do the business.

That Leeds team has to be the worst side ever to win S.L. They had a stand off at centre, a centre at stand off. A novice at full back and a bench that had Ferres,Ablett & Mullally in it. I work with some Leeds fans and they couldn't believe they won it that year as they claimed they were bang average for most of the year (they like us were fortunate that Saints & Wigan were in a rebuilding /injury wrecked year).

We turned down opportunities to kick for goal in the 1st half (3 times i believe) which would have got the scoreboard moving (as the weather got worse) and settled the nerves. We then allowed McGuire to play the game in his smoking jacket and pipe...such was the lack of pressure we put on him!,we then went into the usual panic plays and rank poor handling.

It should of been a final conformation of being the best team by far that year. But we bottled it....and we may never get another chance.

The relegation games hurt but they were the full stops of rubbish seasons, you aren't relegated over the space of 80 mins...its the combinations of the months before.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 27 Jul 2019, 17:54

HuddsTigers wrote:Best game I’ve witnessed personally is the Saints semi-Final. The sheer edge of seat stuff, the absolute emotion and noise when Gale slotted home the DG. Pure sporting legend.

In terms of worst game, probably any one where we have been roundly embarrassed. Fev away, Barrow at home in cup games.

Cup finals are bad but they are only picked for the occasions. I’d rather view them as an achievement to get there in the first place. I don’t place them in the bad bracket.
You mentioning this reminded me when Ben Roberts got last play off game drop goal to beat Saints in league commentator saying you never see anything like this again class lol

Ken Smith
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ken Smith » 28 Jul 2019, 09:38

I loved watching the 2017 Semifinal against St.Helens for its drama and excitement, having to win the game twice with Gale’s last minute penalty and extra time drop goal. But had I have been a Saints fan I’d have been devastated. Remember they scored 5 tries to Cas’s 3, but were only able to convert one of them. It’s extremely rare for a team to outscore the opposition by 2 tries and still lose especially being unable to convert 4 goal kicks out of 5. On the night I have to admit that Saints were the better team, but at the same time glad that Cas won.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 28 Jul 2019, 10:41

Hard to say. If Saints had kicked their conversions earlier, would Cas have changed their game tactics earlier. I agree it was touch and go on the night but poor play by Saints by giving away a stupid penalty at the death cost them.
Great memories in any event

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 28 Jul 2019, 13:39

I think Saints in the semi was the most exciting end to game ever but the Regal Trophy, as has been said, was a complete performance against one of the best sides ever to play the game. Fantastic day that was.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 28 Jul 2019, 14:20

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:I think Saints in the semi was the most exciting end to game ever but the Regal Trophy, as has been said, was a complete performance against one of the best sides ever to play the game. Fantastic day that was.
I have to agree whole heartedly. The excitement of the saints game is undeniable, but, because of the way we beat wigin :D that is the best all round performance.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 28 Jul 2019, 20:13

Tamworth Tiger wrote:Hard to say. If Saints had kicked their conversions earlier, would Cas have changed their game tactics earlier. I agree it was touch and go on the night but poor play by Saints by giving away a stupid penalty at the death cost them.

Its those moments that add to the drama though Tamworth and kept it going in to golden point. I recall being gutted and thinking it was game over big time when they took the lead near the end. Very quickly that changed when we got the penalty.

The rest is history and i doubt we will see anything quite as dramatic of ra long time.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 28 Jul 2019, 20:17

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:
Tamworth Tiger wrote:Hard to say. If Saints had kicked their conversions earlier, would Cas have changed their game tactics earlier. I agree it was touch and go on the night but poor play by Saints by giving away a stupid penalty at the death cost them.

Its those moments that add to the drama though Tamworth and kept it going in to golden point. I recall being gutted and thinking it was game over big time when they took the lead near the end. Very quickly that changed when we got the penalty.

The rest is history and i doubt we will see anything quite as dramatic of ra long time.
What I remember about that game, is that I never had any doubts that Gale would kick the penalty. None at all.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 28 Jul 2019, 21:03

cogito ergo sum wrote:
Lofthouse Tiger wrote:

Agree with all of that. For all the great things I’ve seen following Cas that match so soon after winning the LLS against of all teams Wakefield on our home ground made my 50 odd years as a Cas fan complete whatever happened afterwards

(Sorry cogito put my stuff in in the wrong place!)

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 28 Jul 2019, 21:13

Best win - Regal Trophy 1994. I’ve not seen such a complete performance from a Castleford team. We didn’t just beat a Wigan team who were the dominant force in RL - we absolutely annihilated them. Lee Crooks said that he thought every Castleford player had the best game of their career that day.
Worst Loss - Grand Final 2017. I have never left a game so disappointed. Even in other final defeats (Wembley 1992, Wembley 2014) we showed some fight and spirit and were beaten by a better team. In 2017, we just didn’t turn up. It was like the opposite of the Regal Trophy Final - every player seemed to have their worst game in that grand final.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 28 Jul 2019, 21:20

The London semi final was quite opposite to the Saints game in a way as it was a close game and it looked as though we had it won when we scored then Lynch having a brain fa*t cost us it in a dramatic final few minutes. Wembley was in out grasp only to be snatched away.

Saints was the other way around where I thought we had it won, blown it then won it again.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 31 Jul 2019, 16:45

nottinghamtiger wrote:Best win - Regal Trophy 1994. I’ve not seen such a complete performance from a Castleford team. We didn’t just beat a Wigan team who were the dominant force in RL - we absolutely annihilated them. Lee Crooks said that he thought every Castleford player had the best game of their career that day.
Worst Loss - Grand Final 2017. I have never left a game so disappointed. Even in other final defeats (Wembley 1992, Wembley 2014) we showed some fight and spirit and were beaten by a better team. In 2017, we just didn’t turn up. It was like the opposite of the Regal Trophy Final - every player seemed to have their worst game in that grand final.
This is same for me

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 31 Jul 2019, 18:54

What would constitute a worse win, I remember a game on a cold damp Friday night watching us beat Leigh 4-0 or 4-2, Bout 1500 speccies there, one of the lads we worked with making his debut I think ( John McKilroy) and the Chisnall Brothers playing for Leigh, it was the most boring game of rugby I have watched.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 01 Aug 2019, 13:02

Best win is hard, we've had some great victories including cup finals, beating Aussie touring teams and Chamionship play-off finals but the sheer emotion of te play-off semi against Saints tops the lot for me. One second I was in tears after saints clawed back to take the lead and then we drew level before securing the golden point which broufht tears of joy.

Worst loss is probably unique for me but it was a Premiership play-off against Leeds back in the 90's and only has any value because I got arrested for invading the pitch and 'abusing the ref, Jim Smith. That loss cost me £175 for the fine and costs.
Spreading the Cas gene pool