best win worse lose

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Re: best win worse lose

Post by the happy hooker9 » 26 Jul 2019, 10:13

Best win amongst many was Regal Trophy v Wigan ...the most complete team performance ever (Lee Crooks) ...Wigans superstar team demolished

Worst defeat Championship final after Wembley win ...14 - 11 up Ramsey (dirty g*t) clobbers Reilly had to go off lose 14 - 16 against.......

Leeds

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 26 Jul 2019, 10:27

the happy hooker9 wrote:Best win amongst many was Regal Trophy v Wigan ...the most complete team performance ever (Lee Crooks) ...Wigans superstar team demolished

Worst defeat Championship final after Wembley win ...14 - 11 up Ramsey (dirty g*t) clobbers Reilly had to go off lose 14 - 16 against.......

Leeds
...and Syd Hynes clotheslined Chuck after a kick ahead. That game was one of the most brutal I’ve ever seen. We were as bad, Malcolm and Dennis dishing it out.

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 26 Jul 2019, 11:34

My worst was probably the cup defeat to Barrow. Still think it’s the worst performance I’ve ever seen from a cas team.

The best is easily the Regal Trophy final. Was the ultimate win when we beat arguably the best team ever to play in England. I understand people saying the St Helens game but we were always tipped to get a result on season form alone.

The Regal everybody wrote us off. The town afterwards was buzzing like I’ve never seen before or since. It felt like the first time I had ever seen people and relatives smile since the miners strike it was that big a deal.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 26 Jul 2019, 12:52

Hard to whittle down to one.
Saints Play Off Semi 2017= most dramatic
Wigan Regal Trophy 1994= most emphatic
Widnes Champ GF 2007=possibly most important win
HKR CC Final 1986= most prestigious win
Honorable mentions- Wigan and Leeds play off eliminator 1999, Yorks cup final 1992 v Bradford

Worst defeats
Wakefield Million pound game
Leeds GF 2017
London CC semi 1999
Leeds CC semi 2011

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 26 Jul 2019, 13:39

Best win:
-NL1 grand final vs Widnes - best atmosphere I've ever experienced, Felt like the whole population of Cas was under the South Stand that day. Plus the importance of it all can never be under estimated.

Worst loss:
- Leeds Challenge Cup final 2014 - didn't expect to win, Leeds were in fine form that season, however, as a fan under 30, it was my first experience of Wembley and a big final occasion, which didn't end well.

- Leeds Grand Final 2017 - 1) Our first ever Old Trafford experience. 2) We were massive favourites and were expected to win it and bottled it. 3) I left 5 minutes early to beat the rush and I couldn't bare seeing Leeds lift another trophy. But what hurt me the most was, as I was leaving so were Leeds fans in their hundreds, they didn't even bother waiting back to see them lift the trophy, almost like they weren’t bothered, because they’d done it that many times.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 26 Jul 2019, 18:09

tigerfeat wrote:Best 94 regal trophy final
Worst challange cup semi -final against London

I will go with this Mr Feat

That London game was the worst I have ever felt coming home from a Cas game. Strange that both these games were at Headingley.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 26 Jul 2019, 18:21

Yeah shocker that mate I always feel losing a semi -final especially as we did that day is far worse than losing a final
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 26 Jul 2019, 19:32

Can’t pin it down to 1 so here goes

Best

Oldham cc semi final
Ccf HKR 86
Regal trophy Wigan 92
99 play off win vs Wigan
99 play off win vs Leeds
Nl1 grand final vs Whitehaven
Nl1 grand final vs Widnes
Play off semi final vs saints

Worst

83 cc semi final replay vs hull
Regal trophy around 95/96 vs Carlisle
cc semi final vs London
04 vs Wakefield confirmation of relegation
Million pound game vs Wakefield
Grand final vs Leeds

Tiger53
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tiger53 » 26 Jul 2019, 19:56

As others have said very hard to pick one, but some of my highlights would be:

1994 Regal Trophy Final (best team performance I have ever seen from a Castleford side)
1969 v Leeds 3rd round CC (beat the big team of the time and felt we were of to Wembley for the first time in 34 years)
1969 Semi Final
Each of the winning Wembley’s (1969/1970/1986)
Both NL1 Finals (watching 2007 as I post this)
2017 SL v Leeds
2017 SL semi v Saints

Quite a few disappointments but at the top of the list has to be the 2017 Grand Final closely followed by the defeat by Barrow in the Challenge Cup.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 26 Jul 2019, 20:07

Anyone remember a game against Widnes sure it was a cup match played in a bog were Lindop gave them a penalty in last minute to win because we were too slow playing ball
All them facts may not be accurate ha finished 6-5 or summat like that
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 26 Jul 2019, 21:20

Tiger53 wrote:As others have said very hard to pick one, but some of my highlights would be:

1994 Regal Trophy Final (best team performance I have ever seen from a Castleford side)
1969 v Leeds 3rd round CC (beat the big team of the time and felt we were of to Wembley for the first time in 34 years)
1969 Semi Final
Each of the winning Wembley’s (1969/1970/1986)
Both NL1 Finals (watching 2007 as I post this)
2017 SL v Leeds
2017 SL semi v Saints

Quite a few disappointments but at the top of the list has to be the 2017 Grand Final closely followed by the defeat by Barrow in the Challenge Cup.
I agree particularly with the 69 cup run games. I remember Chuck’s late try and Refearn’s conversion in the Semi and big brother saying ‘we’re definitely going to Wembley’ I was 13 and thought I was going to wake up any minute !

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 26 Jul 2019, 22:58

this as being another good thread really enjoyed reading peoples memory's its reminded me off a few I put to back off mind like the York away in cup . shame the little gang who as blocked me as not given their memories but don't matter some very good response and great memories and some not so great . Lets hope we get plenty off more good ones and not so many bad ones lol come on you fords.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 27 Jul 2019, 02:54

flow wrote:this as being another good thread really enjoyed reading peoples memory's its reminded me off a few I put to back off mind like the York away in cup . shame the little gang who as blocked me as not given their memories but don't matter some very good response and great memories and some not so great . Lets hope we get plenty off more good ones and not so many bad ones lol come on you fords.
There is something quite uncomfortable about you not being able to resist trying to turn this thread into something about you by posting that. Strange really.

Why not stick to the rugby and leave the playground stuff where it belongs?

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 27 Jul 2019, 03:04

SuffolkTiger wrote:
flow wrote:this as being another good thread really enjoyed reading peoples memory's its reminded me off a few I put to back off mind like the York away in cup . shame the little gang who as blocked me as not given their memories but don't matter some very good response and great memories and some not so great . Lets hope we get plenty off more good ones and not so many bad ones lol come on you fords.
There is something quite uncomfortable about you not being able to resist trying to turn this thread into something about you by posting that. Strange really.

strange you would pick that up and not had any thing to do with the thread what was your best and worse games :roll: why waist posting when nothing to do with the thread .I was just making a point there missing out on some good threads being childish and blocking me because they don't agree with some off my opinions , why would I derail my own thread you cant make it up please block me like rest off your old original forum gang who thought they owned and police this forum . forums being a lot better with out these people proper people have added value to my last two threads. no more standing on egg shells for these handful off people who think they own this lovely forum. :hand: :hand:

tigertragic
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tigertragic » 27 Jul 2019, 07:47

Clubber wrote:Worst loss 14 -12 York away in 1984 qtr final of challenge cup. Steadman killed us, amid arguments over pay among cas team. Sure we would have got to Wembley that year.

Hardest loss to take was the "million pound" game at wakefield. Bugger me how did we get relegated that year?

Best win Wembley 86, Regal trophy v Wigan and 2017 semi v saints for every emotion in 80 minutes.
Fully agree with this.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 27 Jul 2019, 10:30

flow wrote:
SuffolkTiger wrote:

strange you would pick that up and not had any thing to do with the thread what was your best and worse games :roll: why waist posting when nothing to do with the thread .I was just making a point there missing out on some good threads being childish and blocking me because they don't agree with some off my opinions , why would I derail my own thread you cant make it up please block me like rest off your old original forum gang who thought they owned and police this forum . forums being a lot better with out these people proper people have added value to my last two threads. no more standing on egg shells for these handful off people who think they own this lovely forum. :hand: :hand:
Oh dear. I had forgotten that it was the children's school holidays.

I don't have a problem with anyone who has a difference of opinion to me. It's healthy.

The issues with your posts are more about your aggression, immaturity, inappropriate language, inproper humour, a lack of consideration towards other users and your constant moaning.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 27 Jul 2019, 11:37

SuffolkTiger wrote:
flow wrote:
SuffolkTiger wrote:

Oh dear. I had forgotten that it was the children's school holidays.

I don't have a problem with anyone who has a difference of opinion to me. It's healthy.

The issues with your posts are more about your aggression, immaturity, inappropriate language, inproper humour, a lack of consideration towards other users and your constant moaning.
I haven't blocked anybody, i don't think i own the forum, i don't think my opinion is the only one. I don't expect people to have the same opinion as me all the time, i agree with some peoples opinions on here some i don't that's all normal and what a forums for.

I'm just no longer going to use it as i'm bored of Flow's tripe.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 27 Jul 2019, 13:15

Best game I’ve witnessed personally is the Saints semi-Final. The sheer edge of seat stuff, the absolute emotion and noise when Gale slotted home the DG. Pure sporting legend.

In terms of worst game, probably any one where we have been roundly embarrassed. Fev away, Barrow at home in cup games.

Cup finals are bad but they are only picked for the occasions. I’d rather view them as an achievement to get there in the first place. I don’t place them in the bad bracket.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 27 Jul 2019, 17:34

Best win...The regal trophy final against Wigan. Its was the complete performance against a team full of internationals and in 1994 the only fully professional squad, they didn't score a try and i believe its Wigan's largest defeat in a major final!

Worst loss...The Grand final 2017. The Hardaker saga seems a convenient excuse for the defeat,but i still felt we had enough in the squad to do the business.

That Leeds team has to be the worst side ever to win S.L. They had a stand off at centre, a centre at stand off. A novice at full back and a bench that had Ferres,Ablett & Mullally in it. I work with some Leeds fans and they couldn't believe they won it that year as they claimed they were bang average for most of the year (they like us were fortunate that Saints & Wigan were in a rebuilding /injury wrecked year).

We turned down opportunities to kick for goal in the 1st half (3 times i believe) which would have got the scoreboard moving (as the weather got worse) and settled the nerves. We then allowed McGuire to play the game in his smoking jacket and pipe...such was the lack of pressure we put on him!,we then went into the usual panic plays and rank poor handling.

It should of been a final conformation of being the best team by far that year. But we bottled it....and we may never get another chance.

The relegation games hurt but they were the full stops of rubbish seasons, you aren't relegated over the space of 80 mins...its the combinations of the months before.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 27 Jul 2019, 17:54

HuddsTigers wrote:Best game I’ve witnessed personally is the Saints semi-Final. The sheer edge of seat stuff, the absolute emotion and noise when Gale slotted home the DG. Pure sporting legend.

In terms of worst game, probably any one where we have been roundly embarrassed. Fev away, Barrow at home in cup games.

Cup finals are bad but they are only picked for the occasions. I’d rather view them as an achievement to get there in the first place. I don’t place them in the bad bracket.
You mentioning this reminded me when Ben Roberts got last play off game drop goal to beat Saints in league commentator saying you never see anything like this again class lol