End of season run in

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: End of season run in

Post by classycas57 » 22 Jul 2019, 21:49

Tamworth Tiger wrote:Isn’t our Huddersfield game away?
Yes

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 17 Aug 2019, 18:52

London beat Catalan today to put them level with Hull KR and Wakefield. It's looking very exciting at the bottom now!!! Hope London do it.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 18 Aug 2019, 08:15

Swagger wrote:London beat Catalan today to put them level with Hull KR and Wakefield. It's looking very exciting at the bottom now!!! Hope London do it.

Any idea who london play in the run in.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Aug 2019, 08:17

Leeds H
Hkr A
Wakey A
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Aug 2019, 08:30

Squeaky bum time for wakey if they get beat today I reckon
Vince Lombardi

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 18 Aug 2019, 08:31

tigerfeat wrote:Leeds H
Hkr A
Wakey A
With their negative points difference i think London will need a couple more wins.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 18 Aug 2019, 09:42

duke street 10 wrote:
Hkr A
Wakey A
With their negative points difference i think London will need a couple more wins.
I think London will beat Hull KR and Wakefield.
If Wakefield lose today I think they will go down. I don’t think they’ll win another game.
London could well finish 4 points in front of Wakefield.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 18 Aug 2019, 09:52

Hkr A
Wakey A
That is as favourable as they could’ve wished for!!!

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 18 Aug 2019, 10:40

Swagger wrote:London beat Catalan today to put them level with Hull KR and Wakefield. It's looking very exciting at the bottom now!!! Hope London do it.
Why would you hope London stay up very bad for small clubs like are selfs who relay on away fans financially specially looking like Toronto coming up.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 18 Aug 2019, 11:48

flow wrote:
Why would you hope London stay up very bad for small clubs like are selfs who relay on away fans financially specially looking like Toronto coming up.
Not really because it's 1 game in a season. Maybe 2. We have had this discussion before and somebody worked it out it doesn't make much difference at all.

I would rather London stay up as I don't believe they deserve to go down this season. A team who had just been promoted and had to get a team together which then gets 20points roughly in its first season back in Superleague doesn't deserve to go down.

Look at Wakey for example they have awful crowds, awful stadium and have been in Superleague that long they shouldn't be anywhere near the bottom. They bring nothing to Superleague at all.

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 18 Aug 2019, 12:30

Taking the financial implications out of the equation and looking at it from a sporting perspective have to say London have done far better than anticipated and the players and coaching staff deserve praise for that. I doubt very much Wakefield and KR would have expected to be involved in a relegation dog fight at this stage of given their respective squads at the start of the season but for one reason or another they've under performed and are where they are on results.A good result for Cas today throws The Giants even deeper into that mix,it could be a cracker as both have something to play for and no doubt Huddersfield will come out with some serious intent.All in all the different permutations are certainly adding some spice to the run in with so many teams still having something to play for. A lot of questions could be answered today.

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 18 Aug 2019, 12:50

I think Danny Ward should be nominated for coach of the year. A tremendous crack at super league with limited quality and resources, he’s made from the same cloth as Daryl and is certainly a coach I’d look at when Daryl does leave.

I can see DW coaching Leeds one day like his dad did.

Oh I do so hope wakefield are relegated. Can’t stand Chester. Not only that, but we could pick up 2-3 of their players. Starting with Tupou and Fifita.
Audacter Et Sincere

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 18 Aug 2019, 12:53

flow wrote:
Because that’s his opinion Flow, aren’t you always banging on about posters being entitled to that???

However, I agree with you both. London staying up would be a massive achievement, one that shouldn’t be overlooked given the timeframe that they had to put a SL standard squad together. Also, the amount of revenue we take in home games against Wakefield and Hull KR would make a difference to our bottom line given we have no “sugar daddy” to balance the sheet, so I see the argument from that side. Difficult one but, if London do stay up, Danny Ward is nailed on for SL Coach Of The Year.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 18 Aug 2019, 12:54

Mysterio wrote:Starting with Tupou and Fifita.
Wouldn’t we need quota space for these??? I would defo take Tupou

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Aug 2019, 13:00

Wells should be on the case with any player from wakey giants or hkr he thinks will do a good job for us I'm sure the vultures will be already gathering around a few players as we speak
Vince Lombardi

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 18 Aug 2019, 13:07

If you’d been asked at all he start of the season which club would beat Saints twice and win twice in France, would you have picked London?

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 18 Aug 2019, 18:24

If London does go down who thinks Dixon would do a job for us I certainly do

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 18 Aug 2019, 18:58

Would take kear or Dixon both give 100% solid enough and have decent bit of speed.
I can't help but look now and think if we had have got inu would we have been in a better places than Blair hope he comes on leaps and bounds over the pre season

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 18 Aug 2019, 19:24

betts21 wrote:Would take kear or Dixon both give 100% solid enough and have decent bit of speed.
I can't help but look now and think if we had have got inu would we have been in a better places than Blair hope he comes on leaps and bounds over the pre season
I’d rather sign Lee Dixon. Far better defensively, even at his age.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 19 Aug 2019, 09:42

i would like to see Blair on the wing if we are going to play him and keep Minikin in the centre Minikin as been our best centre over recent weeks, Blair as hardly broken any pots