End of season run in

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: End of season run in

Post by cogito ergo sum » 18 Aug 2019, 13:07

If you’d been asked at all he start of the season which club would beat Saints twice and win twice in France, would you have picked London?

Oldcasman
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Oldcasman » 18 Aug 2019, 18:24

If London does go down who thinks Dixon would do a job for us I certainly do

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 18 Aug 2019, 18:58

Would take kear or Dixon both give 100% solid enough and have decent bit of speed.
I can't help but look now and think if we had have got inu would we have been in a better places than Blair hope he comes on leaps and bounds over the pre season

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 18 Aug 2019, 19:24

betts21 wrote:Would take kear or Dixon both give 100% solid enough and have decent bit of speed.
I can't help but look now and think if we had have got inu would we have been in a better places than Blair hope he comes on leaps and bounds over the pre season
I’d rather sign Lee Dixon. Far better defensively, even at his age.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 19 Aug 2019, 09:42

i would like to see Blair on the wing if we are going to play him and keep Minikin in the centre Minikin as been our best centre over recent weeks, Blair as hardly broken any pots

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 19 Aug 2019, 12:48

gateman wrote:i would like to see Blair on the wing if we are going to play him and keep Minikin in the centre Minikin as been our best centre over recent weeks, Blair as hardly broken any pots
Can't see Blair on the wing he looks the slowest player in SL apart from Millo, best he could do for Cas would be to wing his way back to Oz.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 19 Aug 2019, 13:54

gateman wrote:i would like to see Blair on the wing if we are going to play him and keep Minikin in the centre Minikin as been our best centre over recent weeks, Blair as hardly broken any pots
Minikin has been a turnstile in defence at times this Season. Blair has already shown his vast experience at defending in the centre position in his dozen or so games. Blair in the centres all day for me.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 19 Aug 2019, 19:40

with three hard matches coming up whats the chance of Watts being able to play ??

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 19 Aug 2019, 19:49

gateman wrote:with three hard matches coming up whats the chance of Watts being able to play ??
He was out for 4 weeks. The Saints game will be the 4th week since his injury. So I’d say he will be pushing for that if he can, if not the one after.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 19 Aug 2019, 20:06

HuddsTigers wrote:
gateman wrote:with three hard matches coming up whats the chance of Watts being able to play ??
He was out for 4 weeks. The Saints game will be the 4th week since his injury. So I’d say he will be pushing for that if he can, if not the one after.
He said on tiger radio he would be back for the saints game if we still had something to play for. He’s back straight line running so should be ok. The broken finger wouldn’t keep him out

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 19 Aug 2019, 20:08

Fumper27 wrote:
Minikin has been a turnstile in defence at times this Season. Blair has already shown his vast experience at defending in the centre position in his dozen or so games. Blair in the centres all day for me.
And for me, it infuriates me when people go on about the tries he’s not scored but in defence he’s been impressive. 1 try conceded in 2 games with 2 genuine centres in the team. If your not conceding you’ve always a chance.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 19 Aug 2019, 20:52

braytontiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
And for me, it infuriates me when people go on about the tries he’s not scored but in defence he’s been impressive. 1 try conceded in 2 games with 2 genuine centres in the team. If your not conceding you’ve always a chance.
Thanks Braytontiger. Finally, someone who understands that good centre play is about more than running in a bucketful of tries and that stopping tries is just as, if not more, of a benefit to the outcome of games

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 20 Aug 2019, 12:27

Fumper27 wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Thanks Braytontiger. Finally, someone who understands that good centre play is about more than running in a bucketful of tries and that stopping tries is just as, if not more, of a benefit to the outcome of games
It does help to be able to pass a ball when playing in the centres though, with Shenton playing on sunday Minikin would have had at least 2 walk in tries.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 20 Aug 2019, 12:33

Sharlotiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
It does help to be able to pass a ball when playing in the centres though, with Shenton playing on sunday Minikin would have had at least 2 walk in tries.
You mean like he did the week before for Egodo’s two tries???

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 20 Aug 2019, 12:38

Sharlotiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
I mean Blair did pass the ball 3 times - he got pulled up for them being forward though, which without viewing the highlights, it's hard to judge whether it was right or not.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 20 Aug 2019, 13:31

My take on Blair is he doesn’t seem very athletic.i like him defensively and think he will improve in attack,just strikes me as not very athletic and mobile which I’m hoping will come with more fitness.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 20 Aug 2019, 13:32

Scoopage wrote:My take on Blair is he doesn’t seem very athletic.i like him defensively and think he will improve in attack,just strikes me as not very athletic and mobile which I’m hoping will come with more fitness.
Bill Tupou isn't an athletic centre, but he's one of the best in the league.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Aug 2019, 13:33

if the first one to minikin was forward no excuse for that he had all time in the world but plenty near me thought it was a fare pass... the one were he tried to go himself i think he just wanted to score if hed all ready scored trys he would have just passed it on to minikin and he would have scored
if he relaxes as a good pre season we should see a good player next season
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 20 Aug 2019, 14:14

braytontiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
When people on here going to admit so fare Blair being waiste off money rather had sarginson from Wigan. a centre who shows nothing in attack no good for are style off play cas should pay for his ticket home, I was right from day one when we signed him. Its all right saying he will come good next year he's shown nothing to show this Holmes looks more effective at centre and not even is position.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 20 Aug 2019, 14:20

i think most people have some concerns but there prepared to give him a chance and do see the good side of his game ie his defending very good thats been id say
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi