Bring Rangi Back

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Bring Rangi Back

Post by Swagger » 15 Jul 2019, 21:03

nottinghamtiger wrote:
Swagger wrote:. We would have never made the grand final if it wasn't for him that year. We would of blew out earlier on in season and it would of just been another forgettable one.

At least him and Gale single handedly got us to OT and made it a season to remember.

Yeh what happened after that is awful but like I said. If it wasn't for him we would have never been in that grand final anyway.
You know teams have made a grand final without Zak Hardaker, don’t you?
Not quite sure how two players can do something “single-handedly” either - that’s surely impossible.
They were both instrumental, but let’s not forget that many players had their best season in 2017.
He was unbelievable. I would 100% say we wouldn't have made GF without him.

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 15 Jul 2019, 21:11

flow wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
Swagger wrote:. We would have never made the grand final if it wasn't for him that year. We would of blew out earlier on in season and it would of just been another forgettable one.

At least him and Gale single handedly got us to OT and made it a season to remember.

Yeh what happened after that is awful but like I said. If it wasn't for him we would have never been in that grand final anyway.
Not quite sure how two players can do something “single-handedly” either - that’s surely impossible.
They were both instrumental, but let’s not forget that many players had their best season in 2017.
Think to be fare best fullback we have ever had Zak I don't think we would have made grandfinal with out him looked shadow off the team ever since but it is what it is got to move on.
Damn right but was still a pleasure to see him in cas colours and giving his all for us ifs and buts are great but this is now and we need a good fullback simple we ain't got one at mo ](*,)

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 15 Jul 2019, 21:40

Balboa1 wrote:
flow wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:

Think to be fare best fullback we have ever had Zak I don't think we would have made grandfinal with out him looked shadow off the team ever since but it is what it is got to move on.
Damn right but was still a pleasure to see him in cas colours and giving his all for us ifs and buts are great but this is now and we need a good fullback simple we ain't got one at mo ](*,)
Pretty sure our current full back won mom in the Wakefield game :-k

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 16 Jul 2019, 03:06

And Peanut in the Huddersfield game

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 16 Jul 2019, 12:01

Tamworth Tiger wrote:And Peanut in the Huddersfield game
Maybe so but I did say a (good) fullback :-"

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 16 Jul 2019, 13:28

Fair enough but someone must think he is or at least was around a month ago

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 16 Jul 2019, 13:58

Why has this thread gone on to discuss Gale and Hardaker ???

It should all be about whether it is a consideration of bringing back the maestro Chase if he starts to light up in the Donny team and turns in some massive performances for them but keeping an eye out on his age which is creeping up and whether he has a couple of good years left in him !!

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 16 Jul 2019, 14:31

CasRus wrote:Why has this thread gone on to discuss Gale and Hardaker ???

It should all be about whether it is a consideration of bringing back the maestro Chase if he starts to light up in the Donny team and turns in some massive performances for them but keeping an eye out on his age which is creeping up and whether he has a couple of good years left in him !!
Isn’t Danny McGuire around 36/37

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 16 Jul 2019, 15:27

old cas lass wrote:
CasRus wrote:Why has this thread gone on to discuss Gale and Hardaker ???

Isn’t Danny McGuire around 36/37
He is OCL but he has also looked after himself for the last 20 years, unlike RC.

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 16 Jul 2019, 15:40

Would love to see a mature version of the rangi of old who knows he may take this chance with Donny as the last chance saloon never say never who knows?

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 16 Jul 2019, 16:00

I get the impression Rangi is just happy to be back in a team environment where he's at his most happiest. Seems a lonely figure when he's away from Rugby. He's clearly not chasing the cash, just the love of having a ball in his hands and entertaining people again.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 16 Jul 2019, 17:30

Loved watching the lad play.
On his day his skill set was quite unique.
I am sure he has a few more cameos to perform.
Cas have given him two chances which unfortunately he blew.
On another thread people were alluding to him still having demons to exercise.
To give him a third chance may be charitable but a may be a pressure too many.
How do you hope to maintain discipline if you give out chance after chance.
Thanks for the memories Rangi enjoy your time at Doncaster and keep your head together.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 16 Jul 2019, 19:45

Rangi , all the best for the rest of your life, you had some great games for us it was a pleasure watching you play, would i want you to don a CAS shirt again sorry to say this but no thanks