Trueman

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
fords
League One Player
League One Player

Trueman

Post by fords » 13 Jul 2019, 10:17

Asking for a mate. How did trueman play last night ;)

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Trueman

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 13 Jul 2019, 10:26

fords wrote:Asking for a mate. How did trueman play last night ;)
Well.
Back end of first half very pleasing. Quieter in second.
Needs to do this every week now. Not just against London and Wakey. It did make me think we missed him v Leeds watching it last night. An I am critical of him to an extent. Really not sure about his ceiling.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 13 Jul 2019, 13:06

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
fords wrote:Asking for a mate. How did trueman play last night ;)
Well.
Back end of first half very pleasing. Quieter in second.
Needs to do this every week now. Not just against London and Wakey. It did make me think we missed him v Leeds watching it last night. An I am critical of him to an extent. Really not sure about his ceiling.
I have being one off his biggest critic's this year but rightly justified as proven tonight he can play alot better he critices him self in a recent interview. But massive improvement last two weeks let's see what he does against wire next week. :clap:

Sir cas alot
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sir cas alot » 14 Jul 2019, 07:57

I too have criticised Trueman. It seems a week off has fresh end him up. He played like a proper half and showed he has good foot work and even a good burst of speed. It seems that maybe dropping him earlier in the season when his form had all but gone would have had the same effect. The team played a whole lot better with him moving the ball arround. Lets hope he can keep this kind of form going for the rest of the season, and carry it on it to the next with gale back could be a game changer for us.. So on to Blair. His form is rock bottom or a least i hope it is. Why doesn't Powel drop him for a week put Pete in to centre and hope the trueman effect can help blair show his true colours. I do see potential in Blair and believe he will come good eventually but he has a hell of a way to go to live up to the hype.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Jul 2019, 08:01

Deary me this place is getting worse ...
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 14 Jul 2019, 10:48

How can anyone criticise Trueman as a bloke particularly leading a team of men at 19
Audacter Et Sincere

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 14 Jul 2019, 12:03

Sir cas alot wrote:I too have criticised Trueman. It seems a week off has fresh end him up. He played like a proper half and showed he has good foot work and even a good burst of speed. It seems that maybe dropping him earlier in the season when his form had all but gone would have had the same effect. The team played a whole lot better with him moving the ball arround. Lets hope he can keep this kind of form going for the rest of the season, and carry it on it to the next with gale back could be a game changer for us.. So on to Blair. His form is rock bottom or a least i hope it is. Why doesn't Powel drop him for a week put Pete in to centre and hope the trueman effect can help blair show his true colours. I do see potential in Blair and believe he will come good eventually but he has a hell of a way to go to live up to the hype.
Why would Powell drop a bloke that he thinks is doing well???
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Sir cas alot
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sir cas alot » 14 Jul 2019, 13:22

In the hope that it kick starts his castleford career.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 14 Jul 2019, 13:26

In the hope that every player suddenly becomes Greg Inglis because that’s what ridiculousness Cas fans now expect.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 14 Jul 2019, 14:51

Sir cas alot wrote:In the hope that it kick starts his castleford career.
Again,if Powell is more than happy with his contribution why would dropping him kickstart his cas career?
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 14 Jul 2019, 16:08

HuddsTigers wrote:In the hope that every player suddenly becomes Greg Inglis because that’s what ridiculousness Cas fans now expect.
But that's the opposite, equally ridiculous exaggerative statement. Almost implying people can't be critical of players. Both these extremes of opinion on here will stop debate.
I think Trueman has his question marks. Played well on Friday. But there is interesting discussion to be had.

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 14 Jul 2019, 16:22

Opinions are what makes this forum tick some are great some are bad some a bit near the knuckle a lot of passionate fans on ere that's how it should be

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 14 Jul 2019, 16:57

HuddsTigers wrote:In the hope that every player suddenly becomes Greg Inglis because that’s what ridiculousness Cas fans now expect.
hudds what did i advice you early dont take every thing as persanal attack on you . You only worked for the club for a while for free you talk if you own the club. we all own a bit off the club who pay in every week, tell what you can do this week find out if you can find out any thing about new ground i would ask sirroco but does not post much on here apart from odd up date.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 14 Jul 2019, 17:00

But that's the opposite, equally ridiculous exaggerative statement. Almost implying people can't be critical of players. Both these extremes of opinion on here will stop debate.
I think Trueman has his question marks. Played well on Friday. But there is interesting discussion to be had.
Was talking about the criticism of Blair. My point was exaggerative but that’s how ridiculous some opinions are on here in that unless a player is scoring 2/3 tries a match, he’s poor and we should get rid.

There’s a real lack of acknowledgment of the good stuff players do each week or even just a bit of leeway for players. Egodo got slammed for Friday despite being only 20/21 years old and being kicked to by a 35 year old master who has embarrassed many a player over his career.

Look how scathing people have been of Trueman - a 19 year old kid very much learning his trade behind an inconsistent team, playing every minute of every game pretty much and without someone with real SL experience to take that pressure off him or for him just to manage his own game.

It would be nice just to have some balance without obscenely negative comments. I can accept it when we are truly bad and players really do have stinkers. But when we have just won a game and all players played a part in that, it feels just whinging for whinging sake.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 14 Jul 2019, 17:02

flow wrote:
hudds what did i advice you early dont take every thing as persanal attack on you . You only worked for the club for a while for free you talk if you own the club. we all own a bit off the club who pay in every week, tell what you can do this week find out if you can find out any thing about new ground i would ask sirroco but does not post much on here apart from odd up date.
I’m not taking it personal, I’m trying to illustrate that we have a few people who cannot find it in themselves to offer any semblance of balance or fair comments - just incessant negativity. It makes it a truly miserable place to visit.

I have never worked for the club either free or paid - HTH.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 14 Jul 2019, 17:05

HuddsTigers wrote:
flow wrote:
I’m not taking it personal, I’m trying to illustrate that we have a few people who cannot find it in themselves to offer any semblance of balance or fair comments - just incessant negativity. It makes it a truly miserable place to visit.

I have never worked for the club either free or paid - HTH.
how I apologise for you did jobs for Richard wright must got u confused with somebody else. lets start a new policy for every negative comment people have to put positive like the sound off this

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 14 Jul 2019, 17:09

Nope, I’ve never worked for the club. I have been part of Fans Forums and have done unpaid contributions to matchday programmes for my portfolio at uni but other than that, nothing else. Just a fan like anyone else on here.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 14 Jul 2019, 20:05

HuddsTigers wrote:
Was talking about the criticism of Blair. My point was exaggerative but that’s how ridiculous some opinions are on here in that unless a player is scoring 2/3 tries a match, he’s poor and we should get rid.

There’s a real lack of acknowledgment of the good stuff players do each week or even just a bit of leeway for players. Egodo got slammed for Friday despite being only 20/21 years old and being kicked to by a 35 year old master who has embarrassed many a player over his career.

Look how scathing people have been of Trueman - a 19 year old kid very much learning his trade behind an inconsistent team, playing every minute of every game pretty much and without someone with real SL experience to take that pressure off him or for him just to manage his own game.

It would be nice just to have some balance without obscenely negative comments. I can accept it when we are truly bad and players really do have stinkers. But when we have just won a game and all players played a part in that, it feels just whinging for whinging sake.
Some have been scathing but not most. There is criticism of him and his performances at times. But also some praise. At points early on there was some really lavish praise from some quarters. I thought he was really good first half but I am still not convinced. What are your thoughts? What's his ceiling?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 14 Jul 2019, 20:52

His game against Wakefield showed something different from him. He wasn’t sitting on the left but controlling things on both sides in the middle, which was good to see.

I think he’s got tremendous potential. He’s never going to be a lightning quick half but he has to model himself on someone like Briers and use his awareness and kicking game to good effect. I also think he’s usually fairly reliable in his defence too which most halves aren’t renowned for.

As I said earlier, he’s a young kid but we shouldn’t expect too much too soon. He’s going to make mistakes, he’s going to hit walls during the season until he’s a seasoned pro. We can’t jump on his back in the same way we would if it was an Ellis or a Gale. He needs support and encouragement.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 14 Jul 2019, 21:18

HuddsTigers wrote:His game against Wakefield showed something different from him. He wasn’t sitting on the left but controlling things on both sides in the middle, which was good to see.

I think he’s got tremendous potential. He’s never going to be a lightning quick half but he has to model himself on someone like Briers and use his awareness and kicking game to good effect. I also think he’s usually fairly reliable in his defence too which most halves aren’t renowned for.

As I said earlier, he’s a young kid but we shouldn’t expect too much too soon. He’s going to make mistakes, he’s going to hit walls during the season until he’s a seasoned pro. We can’t jump on his back in the same way we would if it was an Ellis or a Gale. He needs support and encouragement.
It's not necessarily expecting too much imo. It's more the judgments of his all round game. Is he going to be too much like Gale? Do we need a half who is a running threat not just an organiser? He looked good in first half v Wakey and again v London. We definitely missed him v Leeds. So not wanting to knock him. I don't think anyone can fault his effort and the fact he has stepped up to a massive role 2 or 3 years before expected. I will be happy for him to rub my nose in it tbh. Just at minute not 100% if he will end up cutting it. Glad to be proved wrong though.