Trueman

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
User avatar
Flat Capper
Alan Hardisty
Posts: 14156
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:10 am
Location: Where ever I lay my fat

Re: Trueman

Post by Flat Capper » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:18 pm

I'd give him it but as everyone points out, this is the RFL/SL.

Who has the final say?
Image
Spreading the Cas gene pool

casjunction
Danny Orr
Posts: 1102
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:48 pm

Re: Trueman

Post by casjunction » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:06 pm

Adrian Lam signaling out Young Jake as the man they need to subdued as he operates behind a dominant pack.
Who would disagree.
In recent weeks our pack has dominated, our defence has been very good and young Jake has exploited this.
Knowing it and dealing with it are two very different things.
COYF

tigerfeat
Dale Fritz
Posts: 7021
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: Trueman

Post by tigerfeat » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:29 pm

Somebody will try and knobble him tomorrow ...

Fumper27
Michael Eagar
Posts: 4622
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:10 am

Re: Trueman

Post by Fumper27 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:48 pm

casjunction wrote: In recent weeks our pack has dominated, our defence has been very good and young Jake has exploited this.
COYF
This is exactly what I said to the one who knocked Trueman earlier in the season. Behind a beaten pack, no half back can be effective. Not even Jonathan Thurston in his pomp could’ve done any better earlier this year than our very own JT did (also with no recognised HB partner).

high town tiger
Sean Rudder
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:55 pm

Re: Trueman

Post by high town tiger » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:26 pm

Fumper27 wrote:
casjunction wrote: In recent weeks our pack has dominated, our defence has been very good and young Jake has exploited this.
COYF
This is exactly what I said to the one who knocked Trueman earlier in the season. Behind a beaten pack, no half back can be effective. Not even Jonathan Thurston in his pomp could’ve done any better earlier this year than our very own JT did (also with no recognised HB partner).
Hi agree but let's not get carried away yet after one game. Like a expert said a good player will play good eight times out off ten but very promising last week confidence is half off battle

Tamworth Tiger
Luke Gale
Posts: 3958
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:29 pm

Re: Trueman

Post by Tamworth Tiger » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:37 pm

It isn’t just one good game though. We’ve won 5 of the last 7
Image

Ladytiger
Kirk Dixon
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:23 pm

Re: Trueman

Post by Ladytiger » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:56 pm

God some people are never happy on here for god sake .Trueman has had a season when he’s not known from one game to the next who his half back partner would be yes he has had games when he’s not been as good as others but let’s be honest if we’d had our starting halfbacks fit Trueman wouldn’t have played as many games this season.. In my opinion he has to be consistent and play every game like last week . He was the dominant halfback who called all the shots. Long may he continue doing this in a cas shirt .

Fumper27
Michael Eagar
Posts: 4622
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:10 am

Re: Trueman

Post by Fumper27 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:05 pm

high town tiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
casjunction wrote: In recent weeks our pack has dominated, our defence has been very good and young Jake has exploited this.
COYF
This is exactly what I said to the one who knocked Trueman earlier in the season. Behind a beaten pack, no half back can be effective. Not even Jonathan Thurston in his pomp could’ve done any better earlier this year than our very own JT did (also with no recognised HB partner).
Hi agree but let's not get carried away yet after one game. Like a expert said a good player will play good eight times out off ten but very promising last week confidence is half off battle
Thanks for that Flow but your opinion on Jake Trueman is well publicised and equally ridiculed.

I’ll bet the fact he’s been nominated as one of the beat five young players in SL this season has really stuck in your throat.

fords
Luke Gale
Posts: 3448
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 8:40 am

Re: Trueman

Post by fords » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:01 pm

fords wrote:
fords wrote:Asking for a mate. How did trueman play last night ;)
Thought i'd resurrect this just for the benefit of Flow. Now do yourself a favour and admit you are wrong about the kid.

:dance: :dance: :dance:
Come on high town tiger aka Flow, admit your wrong

casjunction
Danny Orr
Posts: 1102
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:48 pm

Re: Trueman

Post by casjunction » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:21 pm

I have often stated my admiration of the lads ability.
Yes he may have his frailties.
He may not be outstanding every game.
He certainly does a fair shift in defence as well as in attack and with his kicking.
Goodness only knows where we would be in the league without him.
As other people have commented where was Luke Gale when he was twenty.
I hope we nurture and value him and keep him in the Black and Amber for as long as possible.
Another hat trick young man 20 years on from when we ruined their DW Stadium debut.

Squaddie86
Dean Widders
Posts: 453
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:42 am

Re: Trueman

Post by Squaddie86 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:30 pm

tigerfeat wrote:Somebody will try and knobble him tomorrow ...

Standard Wigan tactics. Look out for Flower with some dirty late hits on him off kicks. No penalties given of course.

daytona
Dean Widders
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:48 pm

Re: Trueman

Post by daytona » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:40 pm

Thought Jesse did a wonderful job protecting Trueman against Hull last week, so we will need more of the same this week. I shudder to think what Willi Isa in particular will have up his sleeve for him.

nottinghamtiger
Luke Gale
Posts: 3167
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:17 pm

Re: Trueman

Post by nottinghamtiger » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:51 pm

daytona wrote:Thought Jesse did a wonderful job protecting Trueman against Hull last week, so we will need more of the same this week. I shudder to think what Willi Isa in particular will have up his sleeve for him.
Put Liam Watts next to Truman when he’s kicking on the last. There’s nobody in the Wigan team with the balls to hit Jake late if they know Wattsy will be next on the scene.

SuffolkTiger
Danny Orr
Posts: 1193
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:32 pm
Location: Bury St Edmunds

Re: Trueman

Post by SuffolkTiger » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:03 pm

high town tiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
casjunction wrote: In recent weeks our pack has dominated, our defence has been very good and young Jake has exploited this.
COYF
This is exactly what I said to the one who knocked Trueman earlier in the season. Behind a beaten pack, no half back can be effective. Not even Jonathan Thurston in his pomp could’ve done any better earlier this year than our very own JT did (also with no recognised HB partner).
Hi agree but let's not get carried away yet after one game. Like a expert said a good player will play good eight times out off ten but very promising last week confidence is half off battle
There was one poster on here HTT who always rubbished JT at every opportunity. It was never easy to read those posts that attacked a young lad when he was doing his best at such tender age when we should all be backing him.

Thankfully, he was banned and taken of the forum. Sort off sent of.

The majority of us think JT is a one of. Quite simply one off a kind. We wish we had more off his type.

He could yet lead us to OT. It's what dreams are made off.

SWISS TONY!!
Junior Moors
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:30 pm
Location: WRAGBY

Re: Trueman

Post by SWISS TONY!! » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:03 am

If Wigan have come out and said theyre targeting Trueman, then it's time Ellis had one of the games we know he can play once in a while, just give them something else to worry about
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

Post Reply