Jordan Rankin

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Jordan Rankin

Post by Fumper27 » 13 Jul 2019, 11:59

flow wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Gale and truey will be one the best half back combination in league next year if gale hasn't gone back after his injurys
Feki Blair Shenny -Matautia Eden id be happy with to have a team that could win a grand final you'd have to bring a top full-back in I believe
Tho fair play to Rankin he's the best we've had since zak left not saying a lot I know but he's a fair enough player in that position
Will need another centre in my opinion
Get a top quality fullback and move Pete to centre?

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 13 Jul 2019, 14:14

Fumper27 wrote:
flow wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Gale and truey will be one the best half back combination in league next year if gale hasn't gone back after his injurys
Feki Blair Shenny -Matautia Eden id be happy with to have a team that could win a grand final you'd have to bring a top full-back in I believe
Tho fair play to Rankin he's the best we've had since zak left not saying a lot I know but he's a fair enough player in that position
Will need another centre in my opinion
Get a top quality fullback and move Pete to centre?
Thinking this more and more. Rankin played well. Not setting workd alight but seems dependable and I think he has the best step out of all our backs. But not convinced he is worth the quota spot. Think there must be better out there in Aus.
If Matautia stays I don't see him as a pivot. Think he could be a dangerous centre

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 13 Jul 2019, 14:34

Whatever happens I hope they/everyone accepts/know Pete isn't the holy grail our shape needs from the back

I just realised DP is contracted for 3 full seasons, I'm certain several more pivotal changes are afoot ASAP.

He's not going to sit back and endure inconsistencies like the past 2 years again - hopefully...

I see Rankin returning. Wardle has proven he's worth ikahihifo.
Audacter Et Sincere

Tigersbarmy
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tigersbarmy » 13 Jul 2019, 16:21

Depends if the board will back him . Took us 3/4 of season last year to sign a half decently full back in Pete . And took us half a season this year to bring a centre into club after we knew this time last year Webbo was going

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 13 Jul 2019, 16:33

Tigersbarmy wrote:Depends if the board will back him . Took us 3/4 of season last year to sign a half decently full back in Pete . And took us half a season this year to bring a centre into club after we knew this time last year Webbo was going
Maybe the right centre wasn’t available at the right time for us?? I’m sure the club knew what we needed and looked...

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 17 Jul 2019, 12:44

Fumper27 wrote:
Tigersbarmy wrote:Depends if the board will back him . Took us 3/4 of season last year to sign a half decently full back in Pete . And took us half a season this year to bring a centre into club after we knew this time last year Webbo was going
Maybe the right centre wasn’t available at the right time for us?? I’m sure the club knew what we needed and looked...
And after all that time the best we could come up with was Blair, maybe we should have waited a little longer.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 17 Jul 2019, 12:48

I remember Matt King taking a good few months if not a season to settle in at Warrington. He didn't do too badly. We need to give Blair time and stop being so impatient.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 17 Jul 2019, 12:57

Sharlotiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
And after all that time the best we could come up with was Blair, maybe we should have waited a little longer.
Yeah, because we had a long list of State of Origin reps, NRL Grand Final winners, etc just banging our door down. I’m willing to give Cheyse the rest of this season, a pre season and part of next before judging him. He’s had not only different pivots to get used to playing with, but he has also had different wingers he’s been partnered up with and he has also been played on different sides of the pitch.

Dixie D
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dixie D » 17 Jul 2019, 13:16

Fumper27 wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
Yeah, because we had a long list of State of Origin reps, NRL Grand Final winners, etc just banging our door down. I’m willing to give Cheyse the rest of this season, a pre season and part of next before judging him. He’s had not only different pivots to get used to playing with, but he has also had different wingers he’s been partnered up with and he has also been played on different sides of the pitch.
This, No judgement until next year for me, just a bonus to have around or we would have been really short without Shenton.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 17 Jul 2019, 14:01

Regarding Blair, he gets a free pass from me for this season. I can’t judge someone coming in half way through a season in to a struggling team. It can’t be easy for him having a new winger every other week. As a centre you’d want stability and familiarity with your winger, which he isn’t getting. Eden and Egodo are both erratic players, so both their games don’t suit his. Really looking forward to Feki coming over and them 2 getting a full pre-season together. It will be the first time since 2017 where we have options on both sides of the field to attack.

Morrissey
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Morrissey » 22 Aug 2019, 13:52

Does anyone know whether we have actually signed Jordan Rankin for next season? I know one RL paper said it was more or less a done deal a few months ago. However, it's now not out of reality Huddersfield could be relegated - meaning all contracts would be null and void. I wonder where that would leave us in terms of transfer fees and the salary cap.

Potentially would we have room for Joe Wardle on the salary cap if we were stuck with him should there be no other takers? I imagine Rankin would be a free agent should Hudds go down meaning it would no longer be a "swap" deal.

Food for thought, that's all.

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 22 Aug 2019, 22:54

Think he as won 4 man of matches out of his last 5 games. If that's not a player that needs signing up I dont know what is.

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 22 Aug 2019, 22:55

westerbeast wrote:Think he as won 4 man of matches out of his last 5 games. If that's not a player that needs signing up I dont know what is.
That's voted for by cas fans on facebook aswell.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 23 Aug 2019, 08:00

Rankin may be no Hardaker but he has made such a difference to us playing at Full back.

I would be happy with keeping him to play there next season as I'm not sure anything better is available. I'm also confident his link up play with Gale and Trueman next year will be excellent.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 23 Aug 2019, 12:11

Swagger wrote:Rankin may be no Hardaker but he has made such a difference to us playing at Full back.

I would be happy with keeping him to play there next season as I'm not sure anything better is available. I'm also confident his link up play with Gale and Trueman next year will be excellent.
Must admit, Rankin is much better attacking wise than Mata'tiua, which leaves the question, if we do keep Rankin, where does Pete fit in next season?

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 23 Aug 2019, 12:30

heritage1926 wrote:
Swagger wrote:Rankin may be no Hardaker but he has made such a difference to us playing at Full back.

Must admit, Rankin is much better attacking wise than Mata'tiua, which leaves the question, if we do keep Rankin, where does Pete fit in next season?
Pete fits perfect as utility back/bench player, but can we afford a quota spot on a utility player?

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 23 Aug 2019, 13:46

derbystiger wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:

Pete fits perfect as utility back/bench player, but can we afford a quota spot on a utility player?
Pete just goes in to his proper position of centre with Shenton.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 23 Aug 2019, 14:17

Sharlotiger wrote:
derbystiger wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:

I'm not gonna disagree with that, but what about Blair?

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 23 Aug 2019, 14:19

derbystiger wrote:
Sharlotiger wrote:
derbystiger wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:

I'm not gonna disagree with that, but what about Blair?
Blair and Pete in centres for me
Shenton becomes a squad player

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 23 Aug 2019, 14:49

Not gonna happen - club captain, just signed a new deal aint gonna become a squad player