Aston and Mata’utia

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
CHTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Aston and Mata’utia

Post by CHTiger » 05 Jul 2019, 21:52

Both Awful! Can’t play again either of them. Aston has his chance to be the lead half back and failed miserably he’s had one good half against wakey and after that looked awful. Matautia he has been awful all season! I rather bring players through like O’Neill and Sweeting than play then 2

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Aston and Mata’utia

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 05 Jul 2019, 22:57

Neither are good enough and the odd decent game doesn’t cover the cracks. We have too many poor players that quite regularly show why they haven’t and won’t be SL players ever.

Brummietiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Brummietiger » 05 Jul 2019, 23:09

CHTiger wrote:Both Awful! Can’t play again either of them. Aston has his chance to be the lead half back and failed miserably he’s had one good half against wakey and after that looked awful. Matautia he has been awful all season! I rather bring players through like O’Neill and Sweeting than play then 2
I've already posted on another thread that the weak links tonite were Peanut and Aston and I am a big fan of Aston and that Peanut will not be good enough going forward to next season, but Aston is worth retaining (given our back situation) as long as he accepts a low wage. But to say Aston has had only one good half in the opportunities he has had to play this season is very harsh indeed as even after a few sherbert's tonite, I am still able to remember the positive contribution he did make in those games.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 05 Jul 2019, 23:29

Did anyone think that Aston would be any good after not playing one game in the last 3 years for us?

Peanut was signed from a championship team and wasn’t even in one of there top 3 players.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 05 Jul 2019, 23:31

Mucky1978 wrote:Did anyone think that Aston would be any good after not playing one game in the last 3 years for us
He joined us for the 2018 season so has been with us for 1.5 years. Then again; don’t let facts stop your pointless vitriol.

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 05 Jul 2019, 23:41

To be fair I know it was only London but we were a different team with rankin fullback n Aston in the halves n I feel he took pressure off Trueman which worked well . Having said all that we were back to the norm tonight, not a clue !!!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 06 Jul 2019, 00:08

leaving these two alone what about our big signing from NRL the lad as had enough time to show his worth he looks so uninterested , i would have him sat in the stand next week and give Robey Storey a go at least the lad will give his all

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 06 Jul 2019, 00:10

Mata’utias performance was the worst of the team tonight for me

Some proper stupid penalties conceded that if it were by Milner or Massey we wouldn't hear the end of it
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 06 Jul 2019, 00:12

gateman wrote:leaving these two alone what about our big signing from NRL the lad as had enough time to show his worth he looks so uninterested , i would have him sat in the stand next week and give Robey Storey a go at least the lad will give his all
Seriously?

Whilst he may not have the pace of Minikin he actually used his winger tonight, played some good moves and got stuck in

I know you love the 19s but Storey would get murdered by wakeys backline
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 06 Jul 2019, 00:22

the machine wrote:
gateman wrote:leaving these two alone what about our big signing from NRL the lad as had enough time to show his worth he looks so uninterested , i would have him sat in the stand next week and give Robey Storey a go at least the lad will give his all
Seriously?

Whilst he may not have the pace of Minikin he actually used his winger tonight, played some good moves and got stuck in

I know you love the 19s but Storey would get murdered by wakeys backline
Dp said oggy hopefully going to be back next week and we could do with getting shenny back soon as so minikin can go to wing and clare on the other and leave eden out with blair and shenny centers.blair is getting alot of stick but i think hes improving as he goes on but all the time we arnt getting good ball to him in good field posistion itl be hard for him to really make an impact.look at hurrel give him early ball let him build up speed and hes demolishes defences thats what we need to do with blair

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 06 Jul 2019, 01:46

the machine wrote:
Seriously?

This

CHTiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CHTiger » 06 Jul 2019, 07:01

Brummietiger wrote:
CHTiger wrote:Both Awful! Can’t play again either of them. Aston has his chance to be the lead half back and failed miserably he’s had one good half against wakey and after that looked awful. Matautia he has been awful all season! I rather bring players through like O’Neill and Sweeting than play then 2
I've already posted on another thread that the weak links tonite were Peanut and Aston and I am a big fan of Aston and that Peanut will not be good enough going forward to next season, but Aston is worth retaining (given our back situation) as long as he accepts a low wage. But to say Aston has had only one good half in the opportunities he has had to play this season is very harsh indeed as even after a few sherbert's tonite, I am still able to remember the positive contribution he did make in those games.
I can’t accept Aston playing half back for a club that is trying to retain its top 4/5 status every year even if he is back up. I stand by my statement that he’s had one good half of rugby. He try’s but he isn’t good enough simple as. I actually never and I mean never thought I would say this but I hope to god Jamie Ellis is fit soon because I rather him play with Truman than Aston

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 06 Jul 2019, 22:59

Totally agree with every word CHTiger. Have said exactly the same for a number of weeks,

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 07 Jul 2019, 10:49

Let KR have Mata’utia instead of minikin :D

Akcas87
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Akcas87 » 07 Jul 2019, 21:36

Aston linked with London for next season according to tomorrow’s league express

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 07 Jul 2019, 21:53

Dazzyb wrote:Let KR have Mata’utia instead of minikin :D

He’s been at Leigh today, got a hero’s welcome from the fans.
Maybe he’s go back there.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 07 Jul 2019, 22:58

Both performed like 5th and 6th choice half backs, which is essentially what they are!

Partly due to our fullback issue, which is still a major problem.
Matuati certainly isn't the answer, might do a decent job at centre though. You need 3 centres in the squad and he can at least cover full back if need be.

Rankin doesn't look to be the answer, although I'd give him another couple more games there, with Trueman back in the halfs. If he doesn't cut it we shouldn't be keeping him on. Let Hudds give us some cash for Wardle if they want him and use the quota spot and wages for a decent full back.

We also need to be having a real good look at our strengh and conditioning programme. We look in the most part, jaded after 30 minutes. Throw in the injuries and the lack of athleticism of some players this season it points to something been majorly wrong in that department.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 07 Jul 2019, 23:28

good points there mate i agree with most