win for our 19s

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Re: win for our 19s

Post by gateman » 26 Jul 2019, 08:06

i could not make it tonight prearranged outing to the races,losing a few players have weakened the under 19S this year things will improve as our currant under 16S come of age that is if the club can keep them, with the form they have been in this season the vultures will be circling

Show 'n' Go
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Show 'n' Go » 26 Jul 2019, 09:33

I managed to catch both the U16 & U19 games this week (I'd like to go the the Final at Bolton but the red button will have to do).

Thought the 19's had a fair dig last night and did well to get back to 16-16, but just ran out of steam in the 2nd half. Been to watch them a few times this year, and there seems to be a host of different players each week which won't help. 3 or 4 players stood out as having decent potential, would like to see a couple make it in the first team.

As for the U16s, it was like watching Cas in 2017, everything they did stuck and looked good, they look a classy side!

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 26 Jul 2019, 09:43

Show 'n' Go wrote:As for the U16s, it was like watching Cas in 2017, everything they did stuck and looked good, they look a classy side!
Should be a priority now for the club to keep this current 16's side together, the longer they have with each other, the more success we should see in years to come.

Would be nice to finally have a youth side that can rival Wigan and Saints.

Frankas
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Frankas » 26 Jul 2019, 12:10

They show the under 16s, 19s, and Tigers's games on Tiger TV, Plus the first team, and interviews with all the lads and lass's

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 26 Jul 2019, 12:18

Frankas wrote:They show the under 16s, 19s, and Tigers's games on Tiger TV, Plus the first team, and interviews with all the lads and lass's
Does it show the under 19s matches live
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 26 Jul 2019, 16:40

heritage1926 wrote:
Show 'n' Go wrote:As for the U16s, it was like watching Cas in 2017, everything they did stuck and looked good, they look a classy side!
Should be a priority now for the club to keep this current 16's side together, the longer they have with each other, the more success we should see in years to come.

Would be nice to finally have a youth side that can rival Wigan and Saints.
Whilst it’s great when the team goes well at this stage u16s u19s it’s very much about individual development. There is undoubted talent amongst our u16s who will do very well but it’s unrealistic to expect to bring a full team through to the first team at the same time.
Despite the u19s struggling this year there is also some talent amongst them that also need to be nurtured into the next level of there careers.

Let’s talk sense
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Let’s talk sense » 28 Jul 2019, 21:27

Hi first time poster on the forum. Everyone has to start somewhere! I have been a long time observer of the forum and done my absolute upmost to keep quiet! I have a vested interest in a current young under 19. I have observed 95% of their matches. Boy has it been difficult.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 29 Jul 2019, 20:10

Let’s talk sense wrote:Hi first time poster on the forum. Everyone has to start somewhere! I have been a long time observer of the forum and done my absolute upmost to keep quiet! I have a vested interest in a current young under 19. I have observed 95% of their matches. Boy has it been difficult.
Welcome!!

You will get nowhere on here if you live up to your sign in name....!

Let’s talk sense
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Let’s talk sense » 29 Jul 2019, 21:57

SuffolkTiger wrote:
Let’s talk sense wrote:Hi first time poster on the forum. Everyone has to start somewhere! I have been a long time observer of the forum and done my absolute upmost to keep quiet! I have a vested interest in a current young under 19. I have observed 95% of their matches. Boy has it been difficult.
Welcome!!

Ha! I understand what you mean ST. Just frustrates me sometimes how SOME people can be so judgemental at times. The 19’s have towed so far this year for varying reasons. Too many to even begin to go into. Then we have the ladies and under 16’s who are SO FAR doing exceptionally well. People fail to see the bigger picture due to their minds being clouded by short term success. There are a FEW good prospects within the current 19’s who are extremely dedicated. I must add that in my opinion quite a few need to buck their ideas up! Both in terms of attitude and application. Just feel sorry for the players who give it a right good dig and it it those that I am standing up for.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 29 Jul 2019, 23:24

Welcome to the forum.
I have to confess never watched any of the 16s or 19s fixtures.
But the future of the sport rests in their hands.
Rugby League professionals are a very small band not an easy career path, very short and not as rewarding as many other team sports.
But fans by their very nature are judgemental and some posters seem to have turned criticism into an art form.
So talk some sense.
Don't be critical of those whom you think need to examine their commitment.
Tells us of the ones to watch for and why.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 30 Jul 2019, 08:14

if the under 19S and 16S are winning or loosing my son and I try to attend as many matches as we can,these lads are the ones that hopefully will be Waring a first team shirt in the not too distant future, last year the under 19S were near the top of the table but players moved on ,This year they have struggled but there is still a number of the lads that can still make it, the under 16S are a very impressive bunch having won every match lets hope the club pulls out all stops to keep them

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 30 Jul 2019, 08:52

Let’s talk sense wrote:
SuffolkTiger wrote:
Welcome!!

Ha! I understand what you mean ST. Just frustrates me sometimes how SOME people can be so judgemental at times. The 19’s have towed so far this year for varying reasons. Too many to even begin to go into. Then we have the ladies and under 16’s who are SO FAR doing exceptionally well. People fail to see the bigger picture due to their minds being clouded by short term success. There are a FEW good prospects within the current 19’s who are extremely dedicated. I must add that in my opinion quite a few need to buck their ideas up! Both in terms of attitude and application. Just feel sorry for the players who give it a right good dig and it it those that I am standing up for.
Absolutely agree 100% it’s been a very frustrating year for all kinds of reasons. Like you say people without the information those that are not aware of issues and reasons for poor results just assume the players are a poor crop.

Youth development should always be judged on the number of players you can put into the system wether that’s at Castleford or any other club. Not every player will make it that’s the reality but there is no shame in having to drop down a league or 2.

Just like to say it’s great to see 3 of 2017 academy squad who will be part of the Sheffield squad that will play at Wembley in the cup final.

Let’s talk sense
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Let’s talk sense » 30 Jul 2019, 11:10

casjunction wrote:Welcome to the forum.
I have to confess never watched any of the 16s or 19s fixtures.
But the future of the sport rests in their hands.
Rugby League professionals are a very small band not an easy career path, very short and not as rewarding as many other team sports.
But fans by their very nature are judgemental and some posters seem to have turned criticism into an art form.
So talk some sense.
Don't be critical of those whom you think need to examine their commitment.
Tells us of the ones to watch for and why.
Cheers CJ and thanks for the welcome.
Totally agree regarding the future resting in young players hands. The overall materialistic rewards are pretty low level in terms of wages etc. It’s a vocation for a lot of the players.
Some fans of ALL clubs will always possess a tendency to be critically judgemental and that’s basically that.
Please forgive me but I feel that it would be inappropriate of me to name players to watch out for and why. At the end of the day it would only constitute my personal opinion which literally stands for nothing!

Let’s talk sense
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Let’s talk sense » 30 Jul 2019, 11:31

braytontiger wrote:
Let’s talk sense wrote:
SuffolkTiger wrote:
Welcome!!

Absolutely agree 100% it’s been a very frustrating year for all kinds of reasons. Like you say people without the information those that are not aware of issues and reasons for poor results just assume the players are a poor crop.

Youth development should always be judged on the number of players you can put into the system wether that’s at Castleford or any other club. Not every player will make it that’s the reality but there is no shame in having to drop down a league or 2.

Just like to say it’s great to see 3 of 2017 academy squad who will be part of the Sheffield squad that will play at Wembley in the cup final.
Good points BT.
First of all I must confess that I hadn’t picked up on the 3 Sheffield lads. Brilliant news and I hope they have the day/weekend of their lives. Just having a stab at the names is it Million, Burns and Dixon??
Regarding 19’s football. I believe that you have pretty much nailed it in so much that it is about ultimately bedding players into system in later years. Whether that be at fully pro or semi pro level.
19’s is a very difficult arena for any player to operate in. There is the 17-19 years factor. Worrying about securing a future contract. Playing within an unsettled team week to week alongside various loan signings. Fitting in with your peers who in some cases maybe two years older.
Factor this in with a player also just concluded exams at school, commencing college or university, commencing a job, driving lessons, training 4-5 times per week, strict diet and last but not least a relationship for the very first time.
Food for thought really what these young lads go through in their quest to become a good egg chaser. Good luck to the lot of them.

braytontiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by braytontiger » 30 Jul 2019, 11:56

Let’s talk sense wrote:
braytontiger wrote:
Let’s talk sense wrote:
SuffolkTiger wrote:
Welcome!!

Good points BT.
First of all I must confess that I hadn’t picked up on the 3 Sheffield lads. Brilliant news and I hope they have the day/weekend of their lives. Just having a stab at the names is it Million, Burns and Dixon??
Regarding 19’s football. I believe that you have pretty much nailed it in so much that it is about ultimately bedding players into system in later years. Whether that be at fully pro or semi pro level.
19’s is a very difficult arena for any player to operate in. There is the 17-19 years factor. Worrying about securing a future contract. Playing within an unsettled team week to week alongside various loan signings. Fitting in with your peers who in some cases maybe two years older.
Factor this in with a player also just concluded exams at school, commencing college or university, commencing a job, driving lessons, training 4-5 times per week, strict diet and last but not least a relationship for the very first time.
Food for thought really what these young lads go through in their quest to become a good egg chaser. Good luck to the lot of them.
Not a bad guess, paddy burns,Rory Dixon and Blake broadbent. Ironically Blake never really broke into the team at cas but he’s a regular now at Sheffield.
Like you say it’s a tough education both mentally and physically, it’s certainly not a case of turning up for training and games it’s 24/7 which is probably the main reason lads decide it’s not for them.

Let’s talk sense
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Let’s talk sense » 30 Jul 2019, 22:03

Ok and thanks for the reply.

casjunction
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by casjunction » 30 Jul 2019, 22:16

Not living in Cas l was just trying to get your perspective.
Let's talk sense, objective assessments can help those who are less focused an insight which may refocus them.
However l respect your point of view the proof will hopefully emerge with more youngsters breaking into first team squads.

Let’s talk sense
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Let’s talk sense » 31 Jul 2019, 11:09

casjunction wrote:Not living in Cas l was just trying to get your perspective.
Let's talk sense, objective assessments can help those who are less focused an insight which may refocus them.
However l respect your point of view the proof will hopefully emerge with more youngsters breaking into first team squads.
No problem CJ. In a salary capped sport it is imperative that more youngsters are developed correctly and provided with first team opportunities. The players are out there if clubs show patience and allocate suitable staff support to them. St Helens and Wigan are testament to what can be achieved. Too many clubs go for quick fix old player type scenario. If relegation is abolished next season then in my opinion there is no excuse for not exposing more youngsters to the first team environment. This would support individual development and help to sustain the game as a quality product in future years. We quite simply need a freshen up and some new potential stars to appear on the scene. All clubs have a duty to at least attempt to make this happen.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 01 Aug 2019, 21:16

19’s beat Bradford 12 20 tonight.

Let’s talk sense
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Let’s talk sense » 01 Aug 2019, 23:34

old cas lass wrote:19’s beat Bradford 12 20 tonight.
Yep OCL.
Attended the game tonight and a solid gutsy team performance. Great defence and every player deserves 100% credit. Well done lads and staff. Little victories en all that!