Rankin

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Rankin

Post by Mucky1978 » 14 Jun 2019, 08:50

Have we really signed this lad for another year?

I’d love to send him back and tell Huddersfield if they want Wardle give us 60k for him.

If not he comes back and we sell him onto someone else.

Rankin is not even as good as Ellis

Just another pointless signing.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Rankin

Post by fords » 14 Jun 2019, 09:00

Mucky1978 wrote:Have we really signed this lad for another year?

I’d love to send him back and tell Huddersfield if they want Wardle give us 60k for him.

If not he comes back and we sell him onto someone else.

Rankin is not even as good as Ellis

Just another pointless signing.
I hope not, with you 100% on this.

Either Wardle plays for us in 2020 or somebody pays a fee for him. Simple. Don't need or want Rankin

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 14 Jun 2019, 09:06

I did hear the deal is staying as it is this year.
Loan deals for both, wardle staying with Huddersfield Rankin with us.
To be fair our recruitment department is amateur to say the least.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Jun 2019, 09:09

If that's true ocl it would underline to me whoever is making these recruitment desicions as lost the plot
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 14 Jun 2019, 09:12

old cas lass wrote:I did hear the deal is staying as it is this year.
Loan deals for both, wardle staying with Huddersfield Rankin with us.
To be fair our recruitment department is amateur to say the least.
](*,) ](*,)

No excuse for us agreeing to this. Crazy
Last edited by fords on 14 Jun 2019, 09:14, edited 1 time in total.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 14 Jun 2019, 09:13

tigerfeat wrote:If that's true ocl it would underline to me whoever is making these recruitment desicions as lost the plot
I hope it’s not set in stone and cas have the balls to say no thanks we don’t want you. Send him back and bring wardle back to us.
If Huddersfield want wardle that much pay a fee for him, but you can have rankin back.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Jun 2019, 09:16

It's obvious Huddersfield want Wardle he's playing out of his skin there coach as said he's there main man bring him back give them back Rankin and go from there if they want him get them to pay some money deary me
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 14 Jun 2019, 09:17

Huddersfield certainly got the best part of the deal, last night he had a shocker shipping the ball on as soon as he got it i dont think he fancied their forwards but who would

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 14 Jun 2019, 10:04

Has to go back once loan term is over. Can we request Lee Gaskell instead :lol:

Dazzyb
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dazzyb » 14 Jun 2019, 10:19

According to Powell rankin is a big earner. He needs to go back unless he’s used a full back and turns into another like dorm, which could happen. The guy is missing and contributes to the worst set of halves I’ve seen for many a year. Trueman is young but at the minute we have nothing to offer.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 14 Jun 2019, 10:23

Dazzyb wrote:According to Powell rankin is a big earner. He needs to go back unless he’s used a full back and turns into another like dorm, which could happen. The guy is missing and contributes to the worst set of halves I’ve seen for many a year. Trueman is young but at the minute we have nothing to offer.
We need a proper stand off and probably a new scrum half if Gale comes back half player he was. Not seen any evidence Trueman will get better like a, wine with age

Andrew6666
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Andrew6666 » 14 Jun 2019, 10:53

Terrible business by the club. Huddersfield must be laughing their socks off at us - 2 years too. Recruitment really needs to sort itself out.

I have no issue with bringing in lower league or Championship players as we have previously. It appears that when we do this now, it isn't working or progressing us as it used to. Are we just bringing in cheap options and hoping DP can wield his magic wand.

Rankin needs to be sent back, even if we end up with Wardle back, just not good enough.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 14 Jun 2019, 11:00

Andrew6666 wrote:Terrible business by the club. Huddersfield must be laughing their socks off at us - 2 years too. Recruitment really needs to sort itself out.

I have no issue with bringing in lower league or Championship players as we have previously. It appears that when we do this now, it isn't working or progressing us as it used to. Are we just bringing in cheap options and hoping DP can wield his magic wand.

Rankin needs to be sent back, even if we end up with Wardle back, just not good enough.
As i said we have been shafted.

Either Wardle plays for us in 2020 or somebody pays a fee for him. Simple. Don't need or want Rankin.

Tell Huddersfield where to shove it. If they want Wardle so bad then pay for him.

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 14 Jun 2019, 11:22

fords wrote:
Andrew6666 wrote:Terrible business by the club. Huddersfield must be laughing their socks off at us - 2 years too. Recruitment really needs to sort itself out.

Agreed. I’d rather us go get the stand off we need/want & leave Wardle sat in the stands sulking than continue with this deal for another year. If Huddersfield want him then they should pay.
Either Wardle plays for us in 2020 or somebody pays a fee for him. Simple. Don't need or want Rankin.

Tell Huddersfield where to shove it. If they want Wardle so bad then pay for him.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 14 Jun 2019, 11:22

fords wrote:

Agreed. I’d rather us go get the stand off we need/want & leave Wardle sat in the stands sulking than continue with this deal for another year. If Huddersfield want him then they should pay.

steadygetyerboots-on
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » 14 Jun 2019, 11:23

fords wrote:

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 14 Jun 2019, 12:03

I haven’t pulled a pair of boots on for over 10 years but I reckon I could stand at first receiver, not move and pass the ball to McMeeken - thats all Rankin does. I must sound like a broken record to those around me in the WRE keep saying ‘when is he gonna take the ball to the line and try and do something’? I must say it 20 times a game. Send him back and get a fee for Wardle. If Hudds won’t pay a fee then tough, we’ll have him back and sell him to someone else. One things for sure, Rankin aint no half back. Won’t make a fullback either, as some of suggested, as he couldn’t tackle a good dinner. Send him back now, save the wages and play Aston. Anyone know How Jake Sweeting is playing in the 19’s at the moment or is he injured?

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 14 Jun 2019, 12:27

I must have been watching a different game as I saw Rankin running quite a lot last night and taking the line on. Of the two half-backs, he was the better one last night, and the one that's much more of a threat at the moment.

Seems like he's the fall guy now when there's other players with bigger reputations not performing to their level (McShane for one), who seemingly get off scot free.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 14 Jun 2019, 12:29

fords wrote:

Or Wardle comes back and we are yet again left with a chunk of salary cap sat in the stands who doesn't want to play for us and who doesn't want to be here. Oh, and he takes up cap space that could be better utilised elsewhere.

Whatever you think the problems were last night it wasn't Rankin nor has Rankin been our worst player or underperforming player by any stretch of imagination.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 14 Jun 2019, 12:30

steadygetyerboots-on wrote:
fords wrote:

In fairness, I’d be happy to let Huddersfield have Wardle for nothing and have Rankin back too.
Get Wardle’s salary off the cap so it can be spent on someone else.