Powell

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Powell

Post by tigerfeat » 14 Jun 2019, 09:29

If we're looking to build a grand final winning team in two years time Watts and Mcmeeken would be my cornerstones both top top players
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Liam1986

Post by Liam1986 » 14 Jun 2019, 09:32

Wish people would stop saying Trueman is trying he is absolutely terrible in defence sure they got 2 tries from is missed tackles now the 1 thing he was half decent at was kicking and that was [REMOVED] poor last night. They don't seem to have a clue near line then need of rankin as well I can play better then him on 1 leg n 1 arm.

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 14 Jun 2019, 09:37

I would like to see DP stay personally. However, I understand he is disillusioned with the game at the moment and contemplating taking time out.

Seeing as next season is the last of his current contract, I would be surprised to see him here beyond that.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 14 Jun 2019, 09:43

Nu Shooze wrote:I would like to see DP stay personally. However, I understand he is disillusioned with the game at the moment and contemplating taking time out.
I've become disillusioned by it too. My hard earned money is being wasted on watching players who aren't giving their all. £24 to watch us this season is becoming too much for me right now. At least in past years, when we was god awful, at least we was interesting to watch, this season has been painful.

Liam1986

Post by Liam1986 » 14 Jun 2019, 09:49

On another note Powell as bin brilliant since he took over I don't see anyone coming in and doing as good as job as he as with the players he as to work with. It's just a good job this season no one is playing perticaly well apart from St's and Warrington at times but look at there squads they should be.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 14 Jun 2019, 09:51

heritage1926 wrote:I'm still struggling to see what kind of impact on the team the likes of Massey and Milner are adding. Massey becomes non existent and just fades in to the background. Where as Milner stands out like a sore thumb with ill-discipline and errors. They are senior players. Lads who are Cas through and through, you’d think if anyone was going to stand up this season it would be the Cas lads, but they seem to be going backwards drastically.
I think Massey does a solid job. Gets through plenty of work. Can get us on the front by splitting tackles and landing on his front. Most of our other forwards engage in the wrestle and rarely get quick ptbs. He is totally unspectacular but not the reason we are struggling.
Milner gave the pen away yesterday but got stuck in. Doesn't fill me with confidence defensively though and I struggle to see how he is not just a squad player.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 14 Jun 2019, 09:53

Tamworth Tiger wrote:I think quite a few on the thread agree with you.
I’m just interested in the issue of what is happening to the extra money
The rumours are always that Grattan and others cream huge salaries for themselves.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 14 Jun 2019, 09:54

Balboa1 wrote:
bane73 wrote:Then who’d fill Powell’s boots, should the worst happen n he’s goes? Yep no one I’d take over him. What were lacking is a scrum half with gales organisation skills, wether it’s gale or another scrum half I don’t care, we need experience in that position, young trueman, is trying but it’s too much for him n rankin isn’t the answer, more is Powell leaving.
John kear
:shock: :lol:

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 14 Jun 2019, 09:55

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:I'm still struggling to see what kind of impact on the team the likes of Massey and Milner are adding. Massey becomes non existent and just fades in to the background. Where as Milner stands out like a sore thumb with ill-discipline and errors. They are senior players. Lads who are Cas through and through, you’d think if anyone was going to stand up this season it would be the Cas lads, but they seem to be going backwards drastically.
I think Massey does a solid job. Gets through plenty of work. Can get us on the front by splitting tackles and landing on his front. Most of our other forwards engage in the wrestle and rarely get quick ptbs. He is totally unspectacular but not the reason we are struggling.
Milner gave the pen away yesterday but got stuck in. Doesn't fill me with confidence defensively though and I struggle to see how he is not just a squad player.
Masseys role is vital for Macca, Macca has been average at best all year which is probably a contributing factor to Massey not looking as solid as he usually is
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 14 Jun 2019, 09:59

tigerfeat wrote:If we're looking to build a grand final winning team in two years time Watts and Mcmeeken would be my cornerstones both top top players
Absolutely. We need to be up in the top 4 though to be able to keep them as offers will come in from others when the contracts are up.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 14 Jun 2019, 10:45

Balboa1 wrote:
bane73 wrote:Then who’d fill Powell’s boots, should the worst happen n he’s goes? Yep no one I’d take over him. What were lacking is a scrum half with gales organisation skills, wether it’s gale or another scrum half I don’t care, we need experience in that position, young trueman, is trying but it’s too much for him n rankin isn’t the answer, more is Powell leaving.
John kear
:shock: :lol:
Ha ha... Kear, oh wait you're serious. Nope not a chance.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 14 Jun 2019, 10:59

Tamworth Tiger wrote:I think quite a few on the thread agree with you.
I’m just interested in the issue of what is happening to the extra money
The rumours are always that Grattan and others cream huge salaries for themselves.
There will always be suspicions, in any kind of organisation, when there are a large number of employees from the same family who have been appointed by each other.

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Dez » 14 Jun 2019, 11:58

fords wrote:
steadygetyerboots-on wrote:I agree the squad needs refreshing; which is interesting as many said this before the season started. Some didn’t though & most notably they were Powell & Wells. They need to own this for me.
The main thing that needs refreshing for me is Powell’s tactics. He can change as many players as he likes, but he never changes his tactics; there’s never been a plan b & that’s why he loses the big games. Now I don’t want him to leave (just yet ) but I do think he & the coaching staff need to re evaluate their own performance this season & take ownership for losses/mistakes rather than blaming the ref, injuries or other factors.
:clap:

:clap: :clap:

westyorkylad
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westyorkylad » 14 Jun 2019, 12:27

Cant believe what I am reading to be honest :roll:

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 14 Jun 2019, 12:36

westyorkylad wrote:Cant believe what I am reading to be honest :roll:
Same.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

greenhouse
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by greenhouse » 14 Jun 2019, 13:09

i personally think it's the boardroom that needs refreshing but we all know that won't ever happen.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 14 Jun 2019, 13:15

I've said it before I'll say it again, who'd replace Powell? You can't. You don't replace him you back him. Those calling for his head are clueless, yes I said it clueless. I don't care if you've played amateur level or schools under 12 or even had a hot dog while watching a great Britain game it doest make you a rugby expert and you offer NO real argument other than... 'taken us as far as he can' BORE OFF.
Last edited by bane73 on 14 Jun 2019, 13:15, edited 1 time in total.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 14 Jun 2019, 13:15

In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

the happy hooker9
Academy Player
Academy Player
Location: Doing Spins, Backdrops and kicks on the dance floor

Post by the happy hooker9 » 14 Jun 2019, 13:18

HuddsTigers wrote:Just leaving this here....

http://www.totalrl.com/why-castleford-f ... ectations/
Aim for the Stars............hit the Moon
Aim for less..................hit less

St Albans tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by St Albans tiger » 14 Jun 2019, 13:53

Saw Gary hethrington walking into corporate hospitality last night. Had a look on his face that said, I've just sign your coach.

Just saying...