Cas looking to freshen squad up for 2020

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
johnson
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Cas looking to freshen squad up for 2020

Post by johnson » 13 Jun 2019, 23:18

old cas lass wrote:
flow wrote:Find it weird nobody commenting on Blairs will full performance is worst since joining us Connor made him look like a muppet tonight

Yawn.
Think its time people got off Blair’s back - his family are on the other side of the world and he must be missing them we av bigger problems at halfback to be honest.

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 13 Jun 2019, 23:19

KB80 wrote:Need to be ruthless for me with none retention for me.
Out
Minikin
Clark
Should be joined by:
Rankin (ask for a bit of cash for Wardle instead or let Hudds have them both)
Aston (assume he's not in the plans)
Gill
Egodu
Maher
Clarkson
Claire (if we can offload him in contract)
Holmes (as above)
Ellis (as above)
Possibly Millington (Not sure he looks up to going again).

Free up some money for some quality to add to the Hepi and Olpherts signings. Should be enough for 3 genuine starting 17 improvements.
And Milner. Absolutely brainless.

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 13 Jun 2019, 23:24

nottinghamtiger wrote:
KB80 wrote:Need to be ruthless for me with none retention for me.
Out
Minikin
Clark
Should be joined by:
Rankin (ask for a bit of cash for Wardle instead or let Hudds have them both)
Aston (assume he's not in the plans)
Gill
Egodu
Maher
Clarkson
Claire (if we can offload him in contract)
Holmes (as above)
Ellis (as above)
Possibly Millington (Not sure he looks up to going again).

Free up some money for some quality to add to the Hepi and Olpherts signings. Should be enough for 3 genuine starting 17 improvements.
And Milner. Absolutely brainless.
Didn't bother mentioning Milner.

No chance of anyone paying his inflated wages to take him off our hands.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 13 Jun 2019, 23:24

johnson wrote:
old cas lass wrote:
flow wrote:Find it weird nobody commenting on Blairs will full performance is worst since joining us Connor made him look like a muppet tonight

Yawn.
Think its time people got off Blair’s back - his family are on the other side of the world and he must be missing them we av bigger problems at halfback to be honest.
People in army who never see there family for six months a time don't under perform doing there job that's a poor excuse but your opion is part off a good debate. And yes worse half backs in league at the minute agree with you

johnson
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by johnson » 13 Jun 2019, 23:31

Flow Blair has been here a few weeks and already our fans are on his back much like they did with youngy- I just think it’s too soon for them to be having a go when he’s on his own in a strange country and think he will be more settled when his family get here - he must be wondering where classy cas went to.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 13 Jun 2019, 23:31

I’m pretty sure the fact that someone in the army is at threat of getting shot in the head or attacked is a completely different kettle of fish compared to a rugby league player. #-o
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 13 Jun 2019, 23:38

HuddsTigers wrote:I’m pretty sure the fact that someonee in the army is at threat of getting shot in the head or attacked is a completely different kettle of fish compared to a rugby league player. #-o
So you buy into he is homesick for him not performing yet. there's a lot off over seas players come over this year at other clubs who have hit the straps from day one. Hope he gets better he as a long contract to prove himself. for me playing like his ankle is still bothering him time will tell

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 13 Jun 2019, 23:46

Nothing about being homesick. The bloke has played what, two games this year, before joining us? Aside from probably not being match fit and having to be thrown in, he also still doesn’t really know his teammates, hasn’t got to grips with our plays yet and is still finding his feet.

All anyone has said is that he’s alone and probably missing his family - I’m sure anyone would be missing their kids after 2 months and being 10,000 miles away!

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 13 Jun 2019, 23:47

flow wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:I’m pretty sure the fact that someonee in the army is at threat of getting shot in the head or attacked is a completely different kettle of fish compared to a rugby league player. #-o
So you buy into he is homesick for him not performing yet. there's a lot off over seas players come over this year at other clubs who have hit the straps from day one. Hope he gets better he as a long contract to prove himself. for me playing like his ankle is still bothering him time will tell
But those players knew they were coming over well in advance (so could organise visas for their family) and had the opportunity to do preseason with their clubs.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 13 Jun 2019, 23:51

Blair is not what is wrong with the side 1 6 7 9 the spine of the side all though matautia had a fare game tonight and with better half backs would be better still
Last edited by tigerfeat on 13 Jun 2019, 23:56, edited 1 time in total.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 13 Jun 2019, 23:53

nottinghamtiger wrote:
flow wrote:
But those players knew they were coming over well in advance (so could organise visas for their family) and had the opportunity to do preseason with their clubs.
He's played plenty games now showed nothing mate. like I said we have given him a nice long contract and saved him off nrl scrap heap tp prove himself that is injury as not effected him time will tell let's debate this after another six games hope I am proven wrong and turns into a shrewd gamble.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 13 Jun 2019, 23:56

tigerfeat wrote:Blair is not what is wrong with the side 1 6 7 9 the spine of the side all though matautia had a fare game tonight and with better half backs would be be better still
Off course Blair is not the main course but as not improved the backline one bit would rather us sign somebody who was not a gamble

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 13 Jun 2019, 23:57

flow wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
flow wrote:
He's played plenty games now showed nothing mate. like I said we have given him a nice long contract and saved him off nrl scrap heap tp prove himself that is injury as not effected him time will tell let's debate this after another six games hope I am proven wrong and turns into a shrewd gamble.
He’s played 5 games. Most supporters would have paid for Adrian Vowles to go back to Australia after more game than this.
I’ll judge him on next year (not after another 6 games) when he’s settled and done a pre-season with the club.
Only time will tell.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 14 Jun 2019, 00:01

nottinghamtiger wrote:
flow wrote:
nottinghamtiger wrote:
flow wrote:
He’s played 5 games. Most supporters would have paid for Adrian Vowles to go back to Australia after more game than this.
I’ll judge him on next year (not after another 6 games) when he’s settled and done a pre-season with the club.
Only time will tell.
Think you can judge somebody after eleven games lad. To be fare

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 14 Jun 2019, 01:23

I must have been watching a different game. Beyond me why Blair in particular is being targeted

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 14 Jun 2019, 05:15

Tamworth Tiger wrote:I must have been watching a different game. Beyond me why Blair in particular is being targeted
I'm sure that Cheyse has the experience to prove his worth and not be distracted by the feedback from some posters in this thread.

Lions care not for the opinions of sheep.....

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 14 Jun 2019, 05:25

Absolutely

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 14 Jun 2019, 06:17

The thing is with Blair he was signed and labelled as an NRL star and most of us had never really heard of him so believed the hype. Whats he played now 5 or 6 games? and we've seen nothing that looks anything like an NRL star.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 14 Jun 2019, 06:39

jackknife wrote:The thing is with Blair he was signed and labelled as an NRL star and most of us had never really heard of him so believed the hype. Whats he played now 5 or 6 games? and we've seen nothing that looks anything like an NRL star.
You believed the hype despite never hearing of him? Two opposite points isn’t it?

Everyone who comes from the NRL is an NRL star. It’s part of the SL spiel of idolising the NRL. And let’s be fair, no club is going to say “bang average NRL player” are they?

However, I point back to his fitness levels and being thrown in at the deep end. He needs time.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 14 Jun 2019, 07:16

So you buy into he is homesick for him not performing yet. there's a lot off over seas players come over this year at other clubs who have hit the straps from day one. Hope he gets better he as a long contract to prove himself. for me playing like his ankle is still bothering him time will tell[/quote]

But those players knew they were coming over well in advance (so could organise visas for their family) and had the opportunity to do preseason with their clubs.[/quote]
He's played plenty games now showed nothing mate. like I said we have given him a nice long contract and saved him off nrl scrap heap tp prove himself that is injury as not effected him time will tell let's debate this after another six games hope I am proven wrong and turns into a shrewd gamble.[/quote]

Only time will tell.[/quote]
Think you can judge somebody after eleven games lad. To be fare[/quote]

He hasn't played 11 games for us.

Give it a rest about Blair. If he is that bad get a shirt on yourself and lets see how you go then. Mr know it all.