Cas looking to freshen squad up for 2020

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly

Cas looking to freshen squad up for 2020

Post by HuddsTigers » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:10 pm

In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

Fumper27
Michael Eagar

Re: Cas looking to freshen squad up for 2020

Post by Fumper27 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:46 pm

Little dig at Mitch Clark in that last sentence?

fords
Luke Gale

Post by fords » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:49 pm

Powell added: "For us there's a couple of decisions that got taken out of our hands. You move on and you look to recruit and want to come out of it the other side being stronger than what you've been this season

So that's Clark and Minikin going due to better offers.

It's OK to freshen it up and it's definitely needed but we have to improve our starting 13 for 2020 without doubt.

heritage1926
Danny Orr

Post by heritage1926 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:33 pm

Minikin kept banging on Powells door pre season to play centre, now he's going to KR as a winger for more money. I don't want players in my team like that.

gateman
Danny Orr

Post by gateman » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:36 pm

Luke Gale is the worry for me IF he is in CAS colours next year will he be able to be has good as he was before his injuries , our attack as missed some thing with out him

steadygetyerboots-on
Junior Moors

Post by steadygetyerboots-on » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:36 pm

Set to be an interesting 6 months or so then. Personally I think the squad is short on a few points: mentally tough players/leaders; aggression & players who enjoy the defensive side of the game. Watts has been a revelation & has really highlighted the need for more players of his attitude & quality if we are to seriously challenge for top honours.
"Stand by me as I stand by you, be brave and dare to dream".

RonnieGibbs'forearm
Danny Orr

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:00 pm

Absolutely needed a clear out.
Maher
Gill
Egodo
Ellis
Minikin I suppose
Clark

Then potentially Millo retiring.
I also have doubts about Moors, Holmes and Gale.
As well as Rankin's situation.

Easy Tiger 2
Kirk Dixon

Post by Easy Tiger 2 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:31 pm

Russell Packer sounds as though he will be available, appreciate he will be expensive but would love to see a big, no nonsense forward like him especially with Watts and Millo and Moors and Jesse!!!

sirocco7
Dean Widders

Post by sirocco7 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:39 pm

RonnieGibbs'forearm wrote:Absolutely needed a clear out.
Maher
Gill
Egodo
Ellis
Minikin I suppose
Clark

Where has it been said apart from this forum that Millington is retiring ? He’s contracted until 2020 so i really can’t see him just walking out on his contract if he is still fit enough to play .

heritage1926
Danny Orr

Post by heritage1926 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:57 pm

Easy Tiger 2 wrote:Russell Packer sounds as though he will be available, appreciate he will be expensive but would love to see a big, no nonsense forward like him especially with Watts and Millo and Moors and Jesse!!!
Also has a criminal record and prison time of his CV. More chance of Maher busting a tackle than him getting a visa.

However, it's nice to see that DP has come out and addressed the issue, weve been calling for this for a while now. Let's hope they back it up!

westerbeast
BANNED
BANNED

Post by westerbeast » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:16 pm

heritage1926 wrote:
Easy Tiger 2 wrote:Russell Packer sounds as though he will be available, appreciate he will be expensive but would love to see a big, no nonsense forward like him especially with Watts and Millo and Moors and Jesse!!!
Also has a criminal record and prison time of his CV. More chance of Maher busting a tackle than him getting a visa.

However, it's nice to see that DP has come out and addressed the issue, weve been calling for this for a while now. Let's hope they back it up!
Alright saying he needs to freshen the squad, but if he brings in cheap championship players he thinks he can mould into superstars hit the rewind button 2 seasons.

The Firm
Danny Orr

Post by The Firm » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:58 pm

westerbeast wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:

Alright saying he needs to freshen the squad, but if he brings in cheap championship players he thinks he can mould into superstars hit the rewind button 2 seasons.
Indeed. ‘Freshening the squad’ and ‘Improving the team’ are two different things entirely. We are at a point where we probably need to do a mixture of both.

fords
Luke Gale

Post by fords » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:43 am

Maher
Gill
Egodo
Ellis
Minikin I suppose
Clark

Defo. Problem is none of these will be big earners. So how much does it leave us to play with to bring in the quality we need.

If by freshen up he means replace squad player with another I will be peed off big time.

jackknife
Luke Gale

Post by jackknife » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:45 am

fords wrote:
Maher
Gill
Egodo
Ellis
Minikin I suppose
Clark

Defo. Problem is none of these will be big earners. So how much does it leave us to play with to bring in the quality we need.

If by freshen up he means replace squad player with another I will be peed off big time.
How do you replace squad players with super stars without making the squad smaller, we all know dp like a big squad.

CLASSY CAS FOREVER

flow
BANNED
BANNED

Post by flow » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:28 am

jackknife wrote:
fords wrote:
Maher
Gill
Egodo
Ellis
Minikin I suppose
Clark

How do you replace squad players with super stars without making the squad smaller, we all know dp like a big squad.
maybe he's learnt from is mistake in the last few years you can bring in a few champs players for sure but not half a squad if you want to compete