Have we....?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Have we....?

Post by SuffolkTiger » 30 May 2019, 23:03

Got it in us to make the top 5 at the end of term - and then peak in order to rattle cages in the play offs and cause an upset (based on form of all teams do far)?

Just asking....

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Have we....?

Post by lurcher » 30 May 2019, 23:15

we'll be there or there abouts, even fancy us to peak and win the final.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 30 May 2019, 23:24

SuffolkTiger wrote:Got it in us to make the top 5 at the end of term - and then peak in order to rattle cages in the play offs and cause an upset (based on form of all teams do far)?

Just asking....
Absolutely.
I reckon we will finish 3rd. From that point, it’s about putting in our best performances of the year.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 30 May 2019, 23:28

SuffolkTiger wrote:Got it in us to make the top 5 at the end of term - and then peak in order to rattle cages in the play offs and cause an upset (based on form of all teams do far)?

Just asking....
think any body apart from London can put a good run in and make top five, even leeds only six points off top five second from bottom at the minute , but we could easily go the other way down the table with a bad run. On are side is winner able games in are fixture run in. Think the hudds game coming up is massive for confidents off the players and fans to get back on board for rest off season a big loss to them think would be hard to turn season round for points and attendances for rest off season. So my answer to you can we make top five as good chance as any body else ,can we win grand final on present form I would say we are three our four decent players off that standard but get in top five on top form miracles sometimes happen.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 31 May 2019, 05:25

Wigan won the grand final under Wane and they looked also awful at this stage in the season apart from saints the standard is poor Warrington I'm not over impressed with tho they have two top players in Daz and Austin
It would take a massive change in attitude were sitting back in defence waiting for teams to come at us and are attack looks mostly clueless to make the grand final
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Tyke123
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Tyke123 » 31 May 2019, 06:01

We haven't the intensity,skill in attack to fool the top teams and our defense doesn't seem to be a solid wall moving up compared to a few years ago.
5th is possible,but as the points above,realistically I cant see us doing anything if we make it........we desperately have missed Gale and it has shown this season I'm afraid.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 31 May 2019, 10:39

I think we may sneak in. We have a run of games now where we could win a lot of games. Still not sure we can beat the top teams though once the play offs start.

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 31 May 2019, 13:21

On our game, with troops back there is only one top team I fear.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 31 May 2019, 13:28

May sneak in the 5 just because so many sides have been so inconsistent but would go out with a whimper if we did. We have no cohesion in attack and a paper thin defence and I can't see us troubling the likes of Saints , Wire, Hull or Wakey in one off games.

Mucky1978
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mucky1978 » 31 May 2019, 13:33

Sharlotiger wrote:May sneak in the 5 just because so many sides have been so inconsistent but would go out with a whimper if we did. We have no cohesion in attack and a paper thin defence and I can't see us troubling the likes of Saints , Wire, Hull or Wakey in one off games.

Wakefield :?

SeniorMoors

Post by SeniorMoors » 31 May 2019, 16:15

We’ve certainly got it in us to make the top 5. We can beat anyone in a one-off game apart from Saints.
We desperately need to improve though. We look brittle in defense and toothless in attack. Missing Gale badly, along with a full back who joins the attacking line effectively. I love Pete but we’ve looked more threatening going forward when Turner has played full back. I’d move Pete to centre and put Minikin on the wing.
Obviously injuries have taken their toll. Our bench has been pathetic for most of the season. If we get some bodies back we’ll ruffle a few feathers.
I’d take 5th place now if it was offered.

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 31 May 2019, 16:23

SeniorMoors wrote:We’ve certainly got it in us to make the top 5. We can beat anyone in a one-off game apart from Saints.
We desperately need to improve though. We look brittle in defense and toothless in attack. Missing Gale badly, along with a full back who joins the attacking line effectively. I love Pete but we’ve looked more threatening going forward when Turner has played full back. I’d move Pete to centre and put Minikin on the wing.
Obviously injuries have taken their toll. Our bench has been pathetic for most of the season. If we get some bodies back we’ll ruffle a few feathers.
That would work better for me cause minikin is no good at centre where would Clare go though :-k

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 31 May 2019, 17:15

Balboa1 wrote:
SeniorMoors wrote:We’ve certainly got it in us to make the top 5. We can beat anyone in a one-off game apart from Saints.
That would work better for me cause minikin is no good at centre where would Clare go though :-k
In stand.....watching.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 31 May 2019, 17:18

old cas lass wrote:
Balboa1 wrote:
In stand.....watching.
Powell clearly likes Clare so that's not gonna happen lol
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 31 May 2019, 17:21

Pete, is as safe as houses under the high ball, but its the first time i have posted that it may be a good idea to try him in the centre Minikin for me as not got the size for a super league centre but the lad can more than hold his own on the wing,Turner as been kicking his heals over recent weeks and must be fir and ready to have a go

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 31 May 2019, 17:40

gateman wrote:Pete, is as safe as houses under the high ball, but its the first time i have posted that it may be a good idea to try him in the centre Minikin for me as not got the size for a super league centre but the lad can more than hold his own on the wing,Turner as been kicking his heals over recent weeks and must be fir and ready to have a go
Good scenario it would be definitely worth a go ive said before that minikin is far too small for centre gets banged about everytime too easily

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 31 May 2019, 18:31

Just asking....
Yes. It is a poor league so we have every chance of finishing 5th. Maybe 4th depending on what happens elsewhere.

Tamworth Tiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by Tamworth Tiger » 31 May 2019, 18:41

Loads still to play for Wire v Catalans next week so if we beat Huddersfield we could be 2 points off 3rd

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 01 Jun 2019, 09:46

Can’t see it.
No doubt the effort and belief is pure, but to me, we’re subconsciously building for next year in ways.
Audacter Et Sincere