Magic weekend

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Magic weekend

Post by Flat Capper » 30 May 2019, 12:30

cogito ergo sum wrote: ...I agree, but a lot to do with dominating in the tackle. Cas got penalised because the ref deemed that Saints earned the right for quick ptb's owing to their dominance in going forward, by the same count they dominated us defensively so were allowed more time to make it slow. They work hard to be more physical. It's where Salford and Huddersfield did well against them, matching their line speed and physicality. Apart from Watts and to an extent Millo, we couldn't.
I agree and therefore understand your points but for me Warmsley was put squarely on his rear in the three tackles we were penalized for (Cook). I thought, without bias, we'd earned the right to take a little longer but his reputation precedes him a tad more than is talent.

There were also times when we did struggle but again, Saints got the call.

However, the line speed in defence was a notable difference between the two sides and ours certainly gave them space to play. I can only hope the week off will allow us to recuperate somewhat. :pray:
Spreading the Cas gene pool