Mitch Clark?

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Mitch Clark?

Post by betts21 » 13 May 2019, 11:52

OK then bit of a question if it correct as if looks that mitch has signed for Wigan would anyone like to see cas try negotiate an early deal that saw mitch move that way and sarginson to cas till the end of the year.

BigBez10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Mitch Clark?

Post by BigBez10 » 13 May 2019, 12:17

I'm not sure about Sarginson, but if we could get a deal sooner it would open up a quota spot for us to bring another 3/4 in from futher afield maybe

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 13 May 2019, 12:41

I'd be trying to do any business we can sooner rather than latter (injuries permitting). Especially if it allows us to bring our recruitment forward. Even if it means loan deals until the end of the season.

IE If Minikin in is leaving for Wakey and Olpherts in see if Salford we want Minikin for the rest of the season and let Olpherts come this way.

Dont like playing players who have decided their future is elsewhere to be honest.

bane73
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by bane73 » 13 May 2019, 12:43

There's worse deals than Clarke for sarginson. I'd definitely look into it.
what doesn't kill me simply makes me...stranger.

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 13 May 2019, 12:45

betts21 wrote:OK then bit of a question if it correct as if looks that mitch has signed for Wigan would anyone like to see cas try negotiate an early deal that saw mitch move that way and sarginson to cas till the end of the year.
Only if we can get another good prop in. Not arsed about Sarginson.

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 13 May 2019, 12:46

bane73 wrote:There's worse deals than Clarke for sarginson. I'd definitely look into it.
Where is the info Clark has gone anyway no statement from cas or the man himself

The Fox
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by The Fox » 13 May 2019, 12:49

Wouldn't have Sarginson to take the water on, he is absolutely dreadful.

Scoopage
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Scoopage » 13 May 2019, 12:59

The Fox wrote:Wouldn't have Sarginson to take the water on, he is absolutely dreadful.
Agreed totally dire

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 13 May 2019, 13:01

Scoopage wrote:
The Fox wrote:Wouldn't have Sarginson to take the water on, he is absolutely dreadful.
Agreed totally dire
Give over someone needs to take the water on so long as he doesn't trip up should be a good addition

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 13 May 2019, 13:14

Balboa1 wrote:
bane73 wrote:There's worse deals than Clarke for sarginson. I'd definitely look into it.
Where is the info Clark has gone anyway no statement from cas or the man himself
He's gone trust me. 3 year deal.

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 13 May 2019, 13:20

heritage1926 wrote:
Balboa1 wrote:
Ah well gutted but move on then people come and go look at Daryl Clark i was convinced he would do 2 years then come back then he extends his deal can't get it right all the time #-o

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 13 May 2019, 13:39

He's an improvement in what we have imo for defo has pace and tends to back up and create gaps.
Blair/eden
Sarginson/minkin
Beats
Clare /blair
Minkin/egodo

SREGITSAC
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SREGITSAC » 13 May 2019, 13:48

heritage1926 wrote:
Balboa1 wrote:
It’s in the express. I don’t think Cas will release a statement as he is seeing his contract out but would expect Wigan will at some point.

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 13 May 2019, 13:52

SREGITSAC wrote:
heritage1926 wrote:
Balboa1 wrote:
It’s in the express. I don’t think Cas will release a statement as he is seeing his contract out but would expect Wigan will at some point.
Yep they will make sure it's out there asap

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 13 May 2019, 13:59

heritage1926 wrote:
Balboa1 wrote:

Just look on social media, all over it

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 13 May 2019, 14:04

This is another area where Jon Wells needs to step up/out, to make a statement and/or stance.

Clark wouldn’t get anywhere near my 17 , injuries or not, if he’s signed for Wigan. It’s as simple as that.
In fact, I wouldn’t have him in training, near the club, anything. Get rid now. Zero tolerance for folks who don’t want to be here, or who choose to leave.

Wells needs to grow a pair.
Audacter Et Sincere

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 13 May 2019, 14:10

Mysterio wrote:This is another area where Jon Wells needs to step up/out, to make a statement and/or stance.

Clark wouldn’t get anywhere near my 17 , injuries or not, if he’s signed for Wigan. It’s as simple as that.
In fact, I wouldn’t have him in training, near the club, anything. Get rid now. Zero tolerance for folks who don’t want to be here, or who choose to leave.

Its really bad if we have just let is contract run out and not even get any cash for him. He should have being tied up start off season specially one off i best prospects in a aging pack. His wells not focused having two jobs to do.

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 13 May 2019, 14:16

flow wrote:
Mysterio wrote:This is another area where Jon Wells needs to step up/out, to make a statement and/or stance.

Its really bad if we have just let is contract run out and not even get any cash for him. He should have being tied up start off season specially one off i best prospects in a aging pack. His wells not focused having two jobs to do.
Damn right never let him put the shirt on again if true let someone that's sticking round av a chance let him get on his horse and ride off into the sunset got to look after himself as I've been told many times so far

tallguyx
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by tallguyx » 13 May 2019, 14:26

This has been coming for a while. Our recruitment is appalling. When I said this a few months ago that I thought Wells wasn’t needed I was shot down in flames...

If we aren’t careful 2019 is over already. I don’t even blame the lads in the team. We should’ve got a centre earlier it was obvious to anybody/everybody.

Let one of our best prospects go to one of our probably most disliked rivals for pence. Great work!!

nottinghamtiger
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by nottinghamtiger » 13 May 2019, 14:50

I’d let Mitch leave now if it means we can bring in Alex Walker from London before he’s snapped up by someone else for next year. We are in desperate need of a proper full back. Mata’utia looked like he might be the answer when he first joined and he does have some good attributes BUT he’s not got the skill set to be a top level number 1 in my opinion.
Get Walker in and, for now, put Mata’utia in the right centre inside Minikin.
In terms of 2020, Id like to see us have some options in the back line and if we need to lose Mitch Clark to achieve this, then so be it:
Full backs - Walker and Turner (with Mata’utia for cover if these are both out).
Wingers - If Minikin and Gill leave as expected, we are left with Eden, Clare (I cant see anyone else taking Clare) and Peachey. We must sign a top winger and if Mitch Clark leaving means we can do so, I’m fine with that. Sandor Earl would be perfect. Sounds like we’re going with Olpherts though.
Centres - Blair, Shenton and Mata’utia.

Unfortunately the ones I’d be looking to move on from the forwards I assume are on contracts no other club would match (Holmes and Milner). If we had the space to bring in Joe Westerman I’d do it, even though I’d still have some concerns about him and Liam Watts being at the same club.