Leeds away

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Leeds away

Post by classycas57 » 11 May 2019, 17:01

Fryston Tiger wrote:Last year, Pete Mata’utia looked the answer for us at FB, but recently he’s looked shot of confidence, for that reason he has to be removed from that position. Unfortunately, we don’t have the bodies to drop him, so maybe shifting him into centres might help him find a bit of form again. Start Calum Turner at 1.
Clearly, Egodo n Minikin are a weak combination on the right so I would probably pair PM with Minikin...dropping TE because he seems to make quite a few unforced errors that cost us dearly.
Blair I thought was one who showed up well against Hull so he would be my other centre against Leeds, with Eden back on the left wing alongside him, this means dropping Clare who I don’t think warrants a place.
I don’t think Trueman n Aston compliment each other in the halves, so against Leeds I would bring Rankin in at 7 and pair him with Truey. Cory Aston has done nothing wrong since getting in, so I would move him to 9 and hopefully utilise his pace from dummy half. This means dropping Macca to the bench cos I’m not convinced he’s 100% fit atm....so maybe spelling him could help.
Wattsy is immense so he stays in obviously but the other starting prop for me would be Matt Cook. JSL and Mike McMeeken would be my 2nd rows with Daniel Smith at 13.
Milner, Massey n Clarkson are under pressure to keep their places after recent poor form. Hopefully Mitch Clark is back on Thursday so he’s a shoe-in for a bench spot alongside McShane. Millo would have another spot on the bench so that leaves one from Massey, Clarkson or perhaps Peachy. So.....this is what I would like to see on Thursday:

Turner
Minikin
Mata’utia
Blair
Eden
Trueman
Rankin

Watts
Aston
Cook
McMeeken
JSL
Smith

McShane Clark Millington Massey (subject to any injuries!)
I think the kicking duties is the reason he has gone to pot.surely we should be using another kicker now.

Fryston Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Fryston Tiger » 11 May 2019, 18:19

classycas57 wrote:
Fryston Tiger wrote:Last year, Pete Mata’utia looked the answer for us at FB, but recently he’s looked shot of confidence, for that reason he has to be removed from that position. Unfortunately, we don’t have the bodies to drop him, so maybe shifting him into centres might help him find a bit of form again. Start Calum Turner at 1.
Clearly, Egodo n Minikin are a weak combination on the right so I would probably pair PM with Minikin...dropping TE because he seems to make quite a few unforced errors that cost us dearly.
Blair I thought was one who showed up well against Hull so he would be my other centre against Leeds, with Eden back on the left wing alongside him, this means dropping Clare who I don’t think warrants a place.
I don’t think Trueman n Aston compliment each other in the halves, so against Leeds I would bring Rankin in at 7 and pair him with Truey. Cory Aston has done nothing wrong since getting in, so I would move him to 9 and hopefully utilise his pace from dummy half. This means dropping Macca to the bench cos I’m not convinced he’s 100% fit atm....so maybe spelling him could help.
Wattsy is immense so he stays in obviously but the other starting prop for me would be Matt Cook. JSL and Mike McMeeken would be my 2nd rows with Daniel Smith at 13.
Milner, Massey n Clarkson are under pressure to keep their places after recent poor form. Hopefully Mitch Clark is back on Thursday so he’s a shoe-in for a bench spot alongside McShane. Millo would have another spot on the bench so that leaves one from Massey, Clarkson or perhaps Peachy. So.....this is what I would like to see on Thursday:

Turner
Minikin
Mata’utia
Blair
Eden
Trueman
Rankin

Watts
Aston
Cook
McMeeken
JSL
Smith

I think the kicking duties is the reason he has gone to pot.surely we should be using another kicker now.
Can't argue with that....who gives him the kicking duties?
If I was Head Coach, anytime someone kicked out on the full n gave away a needless pen, that someone wouldn't be on those duties again!

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 11 May 2019, 19:51

Fryston Tiger wrote:
classycas57 wrote:

Turner
Minikin
Mata’utia
Blair
Eden
Trueman
Rankin

Watts
Aston
Cook
McMeeken
JSL
Smith

If I was Head Coach, anytime someone kicked out on the full n gave away a needless pen, that someone wouldn't be on those duties again!
Most fullbacks take the kick offs these days so they can stay back in the defensive line.

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 11 May 2019, 20:36

Fryston Tiger wrote:
classycas57 wrote:

Turner
Minikin
Mata’utia
Blair
Eden
Trueman
Rankin

Watts
Aston
Cook
McMeeken
JSL
Smith

Me neither mate

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 11 May 2019, 21:54

Why are we playing Leeds away twice? Already lost there once.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 11 May 2019, 22:00

usacas wrote:Why are we playing Leeds away twice? Already lost there once.
Because of the new structure that involves loop fixtures
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

usacas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by usacas » 11 May 2019, 22:01

the machine wrote:
Ok, thanks.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 11 May 2019, 22:02

usacas wrote:
the machine wrote:
Ok, thanks.
No problem
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 11 May 2019, 23:30

TheSheriff wrote:Hurrell & Oledski both should pick up bans.
didn't notice oledski but hurrell should be picking up a ban.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 12 May 2019, 07:25

lurcher wrote:
Hurrell looks so unfit he got taken off for a breather with about 15mins left against a semi pro side
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

Fryston Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Fryston Tiger » 12 May 2019, 08:27

heritage1926 wrote:
Fryston Tiger wrote:
classycas57 wrote:

Turner
Minikin
Mata’utia
Blair
Eden
Trueman
Rankin

Watts
Aston
Cook
McMeeken
JSL
Smith
:D
Most fullbacks take the kick offs these days so they can stay back in the defensive line.[/quote
Yes they do...that's why in the team iv named he's in the centre's n not kicking off :D

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 12 May 2019, 08:40

We can start Thursday by playing Eden and Blair together think most people had no problem with Greg being dropped for a game but that's a combination who could be very good rest of this season and be a strong combination for next season
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Balboa1
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Balboa1 » 12 May 2019, 08:46

Hi everyone im a new member born and bred in cas live away now but still make games and always in my heart hope we stuff Leeds and eden scores a couple of long range scorcher!

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 12 May 2019, 09:47

Welcome on board mate more the merrier nice to read different views some you agree with some you don't

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 12 May 2019, 09:53

lurcher wrote:
A Bradford player knocked on and caused a slight scuffle... Oledski ran in and landed 2 clean punches from hiding behind a team mate... Thaler gave Leeds the penalty :lol:

MrRugby123
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by MrRugby123 » 12 May 2019, 09:58

This is a must win game, if we can’t be Leeds with how they are at the moment we are going to be in a relegation fight. First of all we have to drop tuoyo, he’s not someone we want playing, even an out of form Eden is better than him. Jordan rankin needs to be brought back in, I know Cory has been playing okay but we don’t seem to have any attack at all, Trueman is also not playing great but needs an expierenced player to take some weight off of his shoulders, errors need to be cut out, silly knock on’s, kicking out on the full, trying to score from the first tackle, the list just goes on and on. Yes we are poor at the minute and yes we have injuries but for once our players need to take some responsibility. After saints at the magic weekend we are playing teams lower in the table so hopefully that will kick start our season.

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 12 May 2019, 10:00

TheSheriff wrote:
lurcher wrote:
A Bradford player knocked on and caused a slight scuffle... Oledski ran in and landed 2 clean punches from hiding behind a team mate... Thaler gave Leeds the penalty :lol:
Hurrell should get a 1 game ban for a shoulder charge and a swinging arm all in the same tackle.
But he won’t.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 12 May 2019, 10:04

old cas lass wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:
lurcher wrote:
Hurrell should get a 1 game ban for a shoulder charge and a swinging arm all in the same tackle.
But he won’t.
Yep, they'll give him 2 grade A charges for zero games.

The Oledski punches happened just after that actually, Bradford knocked on from the penalty.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 12 May 2019, 10:08

TheSheriff wrote:
lurcher wrote:
That's called repeated striking ie Millington who got 3 games

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 13 May 2019, 13:39

Neither were even cited, nevermind charged!