19 for Hull

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: 19 for Hull

Post by tigerfeat » 10 May 2019, 21:34

Nu Shooze wrote:
Bramley Tiger wrote:dread to think what the crowd will be against hudds in a few weeks.i've just got mine but wonder why I'm spending on this garbage.only saving grace is I am not bothering with magic for the first time in years.
More than that, really dreading the prospect of Saints on the wide open spaces of Anfield. That could get brutal.
Spot on we look awful total shambles to use Muckys words hot afternoon at anfield we will get ripped to bits
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 10 May 2019, 21:36

Time to switch Aston and Trueman. Aston is the dominant half and a better runner. Would be more dangerous on our left edge alongside Blair and Eden. Let Trueman go back to his right edge.

Egodo shouldn’t be in the team next week at all. I’d definitely get McMeeken at centre beside Minikin for the time being. He can tackle, has height, can keep the ball alive and can at least offer some protection from kicks.

Mata’utia, Minikin, McMeeken, Blair, Eden, Trueman, Aston, Watts, McShane, Smith, Jesse, Millington, Massey

Milner, Cook, Clark (hopefully), Foster/Rankin (hopefully)

That would be my team for the next game.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

smarty_tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by smarty_tiger » 10 May 2019, 21:38

HuddsTigers wrote:Time to switch Aston and Trueman. Aston is the dominant half and a better runner. Would be more dangerous on our left edge alongside Blair and Eden. Let Trueman go back to his right edge.

Egodo shouldn’t be in the team next week at all. I’d definitely get McMeeken at centre beside Minikin for the time being. He can tackle, has height, can keep the ball alive and can at least offer some protection from kicks.

Mata’utia, Minikin, McMeeken, Blair, Eden, Trueman, Aston, Watts, McShane, Smith, Jesse, Millington, Massey

Absolutely agree. McMeeken has the ability to take that spot.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 10 May 2019, 21:39

HuddsTigers wrote:Time to switch Aston and Trueman. Aston is the dominant half and a better runner. Would be more dangerous on our left edge alongside Blair and Eden. Let Trueman go back to his right edge.

Can’t believe even you would keep Mata’utia in the team after another abject performance from our #1

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 10 May 2019, 21:43

If we dont kick ball out on full twice it could have been another story.once we got hull to come out of their own end by themselfs they didnt score for a while...and we had chances to score but hull wanted to defend better than us.penilties that we are giving away is just dier and needless and dont know what are players are doing at times.hulls wingers compared to ours was way better today and showed ours up all over the pitch.felt like blair played well and could cause some damage in attack and he showed up well in defence.the amount of times that hulls kicks was average but because our players carnt catch a ball makes them look to be very good kicks.ibsee people on here say powell out but i think its not powell.players who arnt up to scratch get shut and get fresh players in who are hungry to play for the club and are up to sl quality because some of our players are nowhere near it

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 10 May 2019, 21:43

Fumper27 wrote:

Can’t believe even you would keep Mata’utia in the team after another abject performance from our #1
His kicking was shocking but in attack he was fairly ok. Needs to focus on his game and not the extra responsibilities.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 May 2019, 21:46

It's like we've forgotten how to play rugby league hull had to do nowt you can't hand teams games hope Powell comes out and holds his hands up
Vince Lombardi

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 10 May 2019, 21:46

For me next week

Rankin (if fit, Turner if not)
Minikin
PM
Blair
Eden
Trueman (R)
Aston (L)
Watts
Mcshane
Millington
Mcmeeken
JSL
Massey

Milner
Cook
Clark/Smith/Foster (whoever's fit)

Clarkson, O Neil, Maher (if needed, in that order).

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 10 May 2019, 21:46

Bolton-tiger wrote:If we dont kick ball out on full twice it could have been another story.once we got hull to come out of their own end by themselfs they didnt score for a while...and we had chances to score but hull wanted to defend better than us.penilties that we are giving away is just dier and needless and dont know what are players are doing at times.hulls wingers compared to ours was way better today and showed ours up all over the pitch.felt like blair played well and could cause some damage in attack and he showed up well in defence.the amount of times that hulls kicks was average but because our players carnt catch a ball makes them look to be very good kicks.ibsee people on here say powell out but i think its not powell.players who arnt up to scratch get shut and get fresh players in who are hungry to play for the club and are up to sl quality because some of our players are nowhere near it
But Powell signed them?

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 10 May 2019, 21:48

I can’t decide if I’d replace matauti or trueman with rankin next week because both deserve to be dropped just now

init
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by init » 10 May 2019, 21:51

We need something quick Rhinos up next ... simply cannot lose twice to them..knives will be out if that happens

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 May 2019, 21:53

Juscas wrote:I can’t decide if I’d replace matauti or trueman with rankin next week because both deserve to be dropped just now
I know you can't keep kicking ball out on full at this level to do it twice is almost unforgivable but I think there's a decent player in matautia defiantly needs putting in centre
Trueman needs leaving out for a few weeks let him come again
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 May 2019, 21:54

Bramley Tiger wrote:dread to think what the crowd will be against hudds in a few weeks.i've just got mine but wonder why I'm spending on this garbage.only saving grace is I am not bothering with magic for the first time in years.
Less then 4k nailed on

Davc1h

Post by Davc1h » 10 May 2019, 21:59

Off to Liverpool but will spend my time in city centre.

Not putting myself through that garbage again.

classycas57
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by classycas57 » 10 May 2019, 22:05

classycas57 wrote:Hull 32 cas 10
I wasn't far off again! LOL

SeniorMoors

Post by SeniorMoors » 10 May 2019, 22:10

Absolute garbage. That first 20 was shocking.
We’re terrible under the high ball on both sides and have nothing to offer in attack. There was enough quality out there to have a real go at Hull but we are severely lacking in confidence.
Pete kicking another two efforts out on the full...FFS!
Egodo...not good enough at this level.
Minikin...not big or strong enough to play centre. Get him on the wing.
Blair...must be wishing he’d stayed in Australia.
Clare...not good enough.
Aston...effort’s there and decent kicking game. Some potential at least.
Trueman...struggling at the moment.
Watts...our best player this season by a street.
McShane...looked like he was still carrying a knock.
Maher...don’t want to see him in a Cas shirt again.
Clarkson...meh.
McMeeken...been decent since he came back. One of the very few bright spots.
Massey...meh.
Millo...still carrying a knock by the look of him.
Jesse...didn’t look fit.
Cook...one decent run but lost the ball!
Milner...hardly noticed him.

Not sure where we go from here. We’re lucky the standard in Super League is bang average this year otherwise we’d be relegation fodder. We can still turn it around but DP has one hell of a job on his hands to get this lot firing again.

betts21
League One Player
League One Player

Post by betts21 » 10 May 2019, 22:19

One hell of a job for Powell and he looks like he's lost the players for me there doesn't seem many smiles on faces and like the team are enjoying life much lose next week 5 on bounce with St's the week after maybe its time for change if all that happens fresh ideas and fresh slate for all players.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 10 May 2019, 22:21

No way. Coach over players for me.

Some of them need to stop putting their pet lip out and feeling sorry for themselves. Aren’t prepared to put in the hard work then the club need to be ruthless.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 10 May 2019, 22:21

betts21 wrote:One hell of a job for Powell and he looks like he's lost the players for me there doesn't seem many smiles on faces and like the team are enjoying life much lose next week 5 on bounce with St's the week after maybe its time for change if all that happens fresh ideas and fresh slate for all players.
You could be right, something ain't right in the group.

How can you go backwards so much in 18months

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 May 2019, 22:25

betts21 wrote:One hell of a job for Powell and he looks like he's lost the players for me there doesn't seem many smiles on faces and like the team are enjoying life much lose next week 5 on bounce with St's the week after maybe its time for change if all that happens fresh ideas and fresh slate for all players.
Agree shouldn't have come on the field and publicly barrated players and shouldn't have said last week some of my players arnt good enough do all that in sheds I like to hear the coach put his hands up when going gets tough and say I'm coach buck stops with me
Vince Lombardi