Wakefield H

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
derbystiger
Danny Orr
Posts: 1600
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:40 am

Re: Wakefield H

Post by derbystiger » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:34 pm

lurcher wrote:
Fumper27 wrote:
the machine wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:Seems like Wigan were back to there hold tricks last night third man coming in doing damage to the legs
https://twitter.com/david_fifita_/statu ... 02688?s=19
That’s awful to watch. Makes me cringe as I had to quit the game through a knee injury. That player (who was it) needs to cop a ban of at least 6 games.
didn't rangi get a long ban (while playing for salford) for a tackle like that from behind.
6 or 7 games I think Rangi got if memory serves me right

Tigerwood posse
Junior Moors
Posts: 854
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:25 pm
Twitter: no

Re: Wakefield H

Post by Tigerwood posse » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:43 am

HuddsTigers wrote:
Tigerwood posse wrote:
37B66945-CD0A-4081-9A53-A80F80C63A8E.png


hardly the same team that faced us the week before, they were without SAMMUT, GREENWOOD, MANFREDI AND HARDAKER against Wakey .... SO YOU ARE WRONG HUDDS ... YOU ARE SUCH A CLEVER CLOGS!!!
Comprehension skills struggling? Did you miss the word “similar”? Last time I looked similar meant having a likeness to something. The fact that 13/17 of their squad (or 76% in percentage terms) was the same falls into that category, don’t you agree? I never said “same team”.

They may have been missing 4 players but they got 3 back, all of which are good enough to be in their first choice 17 (Powell, Davies and Escare) or would be.

For what it’s worth, I was actually replying (and agreeing) to the post above mine not your own. They had a strong backline against us but the forwards weren’t much to be feared.
Good god, you are such an arrogant arse!! It isn’t even similar FFS, so just because you can’t admit you’re wrong, you actually think that Powell, Davies & Escare are the same quality as Hardaker (best full back in country at Cas) Greenwood (Ex NRL & was destroying us when he was on the pitch), Manfredi (easily best winger in SL if he could stay injury free) and Sammut ( always been underrated and also was cutting us to shreds before he was injured and taken off), you are such a muppet !!!

User avatar
Danny Boy
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Posts: 4519
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:13 pm

Re: Wakefield H

Post by Danny Boy » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:09 am

Come on guys, please let’s stop this name calling and abuse, everyone is entitled to an opinion! If you disagree with another poster, of course, give your own opinion on the matter, but this should never include personal abuse or profanities.
Image

Danny Boy

fords
Luke Gale
Posts: 3540
Joined: Fri May 18, 2007 8:40 am

Re: Wakefield H

Post by fords » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:15 am

Tigerwood posse wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
Tigerwood posse wrote:
37B66945-CD0A-4081-9A53-A80F80C63A8E.png


hardly the same team that faced us the week before, they were without SAMMUT, GREENWOOD, MANFREDI AND HARDAKER against Wakey .... SO YOU ARE WRONG HUDDS ... YOU ARE SUCH A CLEVER CLOGS!!!
Comprehension skills struggling? Did you miss the word “similar”? Last time I looked similar meant having a likeness to something. The fact that 13/17 of their squad (or 76% in percentage terms) was the same falls into that category, don’t you agree? I never said “same team”.

They may have been missing 4 players but they got 3 back, all of which are good enough to be in their first choice 17 (Powell, Davies and Escare) or would be.

For what it’s worth, I was actually replying (and agreeing) to the post above mine not your own. They had a strong backline against us but the forwards weren’t much to be feared.
Good god, you are such an arrogant arse!! It isn’t even similar FFS, so just because you can’t admit you’re wrong, you actually think that Powell, Davies & Escare are the same quality as Hardaker (best full back in country at Cas) Greenwood (Ex NRL & was destroying us when he was on the pitch), Manfredi (easily best winger in SL if he could stay injury free) and Sammut ( always been underrated and also was cutting us to shreds before he was injured and taken off), you are such a muppet !!!

LMAO
Hardaker (best full back in country at Cas)

But he is not at Cas and hasn't been for 2 years. He has been terrible so for at Wigan

betts21
Danny Orr
Posts: 2674
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:13 pm

Re: Wakefield H

Post by betts21 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:34 am

I wouldn't say hardaker has been terrible at Wigan I'd say he's just done what's needed I think personally if sammut played Wigan would see a whole different and better zak as sammut is a player zak can play off the back of which is why he shined so bright for us.

User avatar
old cas lass
Malcolm Reilly
Posts: 16775
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:29 pm

Re: Wakefield H

Post by old cas lass » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:35 am

Everything about cas suited Hardakers play.
Everything at Wigan doesn’t.

Anyhow might be a boost for us Thursday.
Possibly a big game player out for Wakefield.
Watch this space.

JIN JER
Junior Moors
Posts: 829
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:53 am

Re: Wakefield H

Post by JIN JER » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:47 am

old cas lass wrote:Everything about cas suited Hardakers play.
Everything at Wigan doesn’t.

Anyhow might be a boost for us Thursday.
Possibly a big game player out for Wakefield.
Watch this space.
Quite possibly a few from what I'm hearing.

tigerfeat
Kevin Ward
Posts: 8405
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:07 pm

Re: Wakefield H

Post by tigerfeat » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:43 am

I agree with what hudds tiger said yesterday Powell will be preparing the team to face a strong challange
He will be more concerned to get cas playing with a bit more spark in attack and cutting out some of the dumb stuff we've been doing
Wakefield fans with be hoping Thursday is when they get some pay back for resent times I've just got a feeling cas will play well and win tho
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Frankas
Michael Eagar
Posts: 4371
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:09 pm

Re: Wakefield H

Post by Frankas » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:54 am

Danny Boy wrote:Come on guys, please let’s stop this name calling and abuse, everyone is entitled to an opinion! If you disagree with another poster, of course, give your own opinion on the matter, but this should never include personal abuse or profanities.
We have certain poster who have a disliking of Hudds tiger, every time he posts someone is picking it apart and having a go at him,everyone expects to disagree with posts, but every time Hudds posts he gets slated, and the silly thing is he's posts contain more quality and information about the club than the lot of his knockers put together.

Has daft has it sounds some of the replies he gets is nothing short of on line bullying.
Image

JIN JER
Junior Moors
Posts: 829
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:53 am

Re: Wakefield H

Post by JIN JER » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:05 am

Looks like we'll be without Brough and Miller on Thursday, Brough has broken his thumb apparently. Jeez, looks like Cas might have an easy ride on Thursday.

Swagger
Junior Moors
Posts: 974
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:14 pm

Re: Wakefield H

Post by Swagger » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:15 am

JIN JER wrote:Looks like we'll be without Brough and Miller on Thursday, Brough has broken his thumb apparently. Jeez, looks like Cas might have an easy ride on Thursday.
Did you see us on Thursday??? We are full of injuries too and literally can do nothing going forward. I'm not having non of this "easy ride stuff" Wakey are playing better than we are so will be tough

JIN JER
Junior Moors
Posts: 829
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:53 am

Re: Wakefield H

Post by JIN JER » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:30 am

Swagger wrote:
JIN JER wrote:Looks like we'll be without Brough and Miller on Thursday, Brough has broken his thumb apparently. Jeez, looks like Cas might have an easy ride on Thursday.
Did you see us on Thursday??? We are full of injuries too and literally can do nothing going forward. I'm not having non of this "easy ride stuff" Wakey are playing better than we are so will be tough
I did mate, I just think with (I'm assuming) Hamsh and Reynolds in the middle we might struggle, they haven't played together yet. We'll be without Tupou, Johnstone, Lynne, Brough, Wood and possibly Millar missing. That's practically all our flare gone in one go.

User avatar
old cas lass
Malcolm Reilly
Posts: 16775
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:29 pm

Re: Wakefield H

Post by old cas lass » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:17 pm

JIN JER wrote:Looks like we'll be without Brough and Miller on Thursday, Brough has broken his thumb apparently. Jeez, looks like Cas might have an easy ride on Thursday.
Yep that’s the one I was hinting at.

HuddsTigers
Malcolm Reilly
Posts: 15367
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:55 am

Re: Wakefield H

Post by HuddsTigers » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:27 pm

Tigerwood posse wrote:
HuddsTigers wrote:
Tigerwood posse wrote:
37B66945-CD0A-4081-9A53-A80F80C63A8E.png


hardly the same team that faced us the week before, they were without SAMMUT, GREENWOOD, MANFREDI AND HARDAKER against Wakey .... SO YOU ARE WRONG HUDDS ... YOU ARE SUCH A CLEVER CLOGS!!!
Comprehension skills struggling? Did you miss the word “similar”? Last time I looked similar meant having a likeness to something. The fact that 13/17 of their squad (or 76% in percentage terms) was the same falls into that category, don’t you agree? I never said “same team”.

They may have been missing 4 players but they got 3 back, all of which are good enough to be in their first choice 17 (Powell, Davies and Escare) or would be.

For what it’s worth, I was actually replying (and agreeing) to the post above mine not your own. They had a strong backline against us but the forwards weren’t much to be feared.
Good god, you are such an arrogant arse!! It isn’t even similar FFS, so just because you can’t admit you’re wrong, you actually think that Powell, Davies & Escare are the same quality as Hardaker (best full back in country at Cas) Greenwood (Ex NRL & was destroying us when he was on the pitch), Manfredi (easily best winger in SL if he could stay injury free) and Sammut ( always been underrated and also was cutting us to shreds before he was injured and taken off), you are such a muppet !!!

No one was comparing the players in or out in terms of quality except you above.

The fact you have moved the discussion on to a totally different point because you know that the vast majority of the 17 (13/17) ARE the same says it all. Not arrogant - you had a pop first for no apparent reason when I didn’t reply to you. So it’s not worth it and this will be my last reply to you on this matter because other forum users deserve much better than to see this piffle every single day.

Back to Wakefield, we have always seemed to cope well with their best. If we can get a few bodies back such as Massey and Rankin, I’d feel a bit more confident.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

casjunction
Danny Orr
Posts: 1301
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:48 pm

Re: Wakefield H

Post by casjunction » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:02 pm

I did mate, I just think with (I'm assuming) Hamsh and Reynolds in the middle we might struggle, they haven't played together yet. We'll be without Tupou, Johnstone, Lynne, Brough, Wood and possibly Millar missing. That's practically all our flare gone in one go.[/quote]
No flares please Jin Ger!
Pity both squads are decimated.
Still two best teams in West Yorkshire.
Here's to a good game.
No more injuries.
Decided by the players not poor officiating.
COYF

Post Reply