Cheyse Blair confirmed

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Cheyse Blair confirmed

Post by tigerfeat » 22 Aug 2019, 09:34

Did you used to play for Fryston flow ?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 22 Aug 2019, 10:02

duke street 10 wrote:Wasn't there a film called The Blair Witch Hunt? :-k

I think he'll loosen up once he gets a try under his belt.
Lmao very funny but I think the witch hunt on here is against. People whos opininon don't think he's being up to is NRL standard after 15games :D :D :D wait for it

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 22 Aug 2019, 12:32

Back to the subject of Blair, what we're supposed to be discussing on here, and I guess opinion is divided because there are so many variables in playing rugby leagure successfully.

IMO, only the very best can just rock up to a new team and suddenly play at their very best from the off. However, there does come a point when the individual should be able to play with his team mates.

This is where the variable come into play - is team selcetion consistant, are the game plans suited to the players best atributes, frustrations within the individual at their and the teams form and so on.

I don't see enough of the games to make a judgement on whether Blair is fitting in now or not but the pecker is ticking.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 22 Aug 2019, 12:47

He's had 4 different wingers already since he's been with us, how on earth is he meant to gel and get to know his wingers game when he has a new one every other game?! especially when you have 4 totally different style of wingers.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 22 Aug 2019, 14:24

heritage1926 wrote:He's had 4 different wingers already since he's been with us, how on earth is he meant to gel and get to know his wingers game when he has a new one every other game?! especially when you have 4 totally different style of wingers.
Not only different wingers. He’s had different:
Full backs
Half backs
Sides of the field to operate on
Not ideal to build a rapport with others.

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 27 Aug 2019, 21:58

Just put my tin hat on and suggest he has the size and scope to play loose forward,decent hands,solid defensively and enough pace to worry teams.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 27 Aug 2019, 22:48

Hepworth7 wrote:Just put my tin hat on and suggest he has the size and scope to play loose forward,decent hands,solid defensively and enough pace to worry teams.
I agree about the size don't no were you have seen the pace but your opinion. Alot off players have had to change positions in there careers for one reason our another think Blair will finish up in forwards can tackle and make yards direct running think his days in centre are numberd my opinion like let's see if improves when get Gale back not holding my breath what I have sean so far a good centre would play with any winger I would have thought. Let's have a proper debate if we could change minikin deal would people rather keep minikin and let Blair go to Hull kr not going to happin but worth a debate who do people thinck being best centre last 15games. Tin hat on :shock:

Burratha
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Burratha » 28 Aug 2019, 10:34

Fair comment, Flow.

Suppose it's a fine line between one *wanting* him to do well, and him actually performing really well. Personally, I think he's had an excellent defensive start to his UK career, although I am disappointed not to have seen him cross the whitewash on at least one occasion.

He *has* provided a number of scoring opportunities for his wing, although you could also say that's what a centre's job is...

As for his attacking opportunities - he has't really had too many, however those he has had, he has looked a little lethargic. Maybe it's his running style? Bear in mind, Jake Webster wasn't our fastest ever centre, but he looked like he was giving all he had when he was legging it down the field. Additionally, whenever Blair has received the ball of late (bear in mind that the service to him hasn't really been up there with our best ever) he's had 2, 3 or even 4 defenders on him.

Let's see how this season pans out now. We know Shenton isn't coming back until next year. Let's see how much he fancies the fabled nudie run. If the prospect of that breathing down his neck can't get him over the line, then gos knows what can! :)

Hepworth7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Hepworth7 » 28 Aug 2019, 16:22

flow wrote:
Hepworth7 wrote:Just put my tin hat on and suggest he has the size and scope to play loose forward,decent hands,solid defensively and enough pace to worry teams.
I agree about the size don't no were you have seen the pace but your opinion. Alot off players have had to change positions in there careers for one reason our another think Blair will finish up in forwards can tackle and make yards direct running think his days in centre are numberd my opinion like let's see if improves when get Gale back not holding my breath what I have sean so far a good centre would play with any winger I would have thought. Let's have a proper debate if we could change minikin deal would people rather keep minikin and let Blair go to Hull kr not going to happin but worth a debate who do people thinck being best centre last 15games. Tin hat on :shock:
Interesting one Flow,and would agree Minikin in an attacking sense has been better than Blair,defensively on the other hand I would say Blair has the edge. No secret he doesn't appear to have the speed and athleticism he had prior to his injury, hopefully a pre season and more time may change that but even if it didnt I would still say he had more than enough to play at 13 and enhance our attacking threat

CasAttack
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasAttack » 28 Aug 2019, 18:34

I know its different circumstances etc but anyone remember Paul Mellor we had from the NRL. If I remember rightly when he played Steadman used him in the second row and centre and he wasnt cracking. Gary Mercer moved him to the wing and he scored a few tries and improved. Not saying we should move Blair to wing but could be an idea maybe.

jackknife
Verified

Post by jackknife » 28 Aug 2019, 18:58

The interesting thing is everyone wants him to score n a try will obviously cut him some slack yet when he had a perfect chance to score he instead took the safe option n put it on a plate for Egodos 2nd try. Most centres would have been tempted to be greedy there n get 1 for there self.
CLASSY CAS FOREVER

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Aug 2019, 19:37

And at Huddersfield he tried to go himself when it wasn't on instead of giving a simple pass to Minikin for a walk in try
If people gave him the off season and judged him next year instead of criticising him all the time we should have a good centre next season never mind play him at loose forward
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 28 Aug 2019, 20:23

And I criticised him myself after the hull kr game but I've always thought we will see a different player next season ...if we don't we don't but I can't see the point of always running him down
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 17 Sep 2019, 21:16

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... ord-tigers

Cheyse has clearly not read what our supporters think of him on this forum

KB80
League One Player
League One Player

Post by KB80 » 17 Sep 2019, 21:29

Fumper27 wrote: 17 Sep 2019, 21:16 https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... ord-tigers

Think it's only a few criticising him regularly. Think he's doing okay personally and looking forward to seeing him in a more effective set up next year.

Came across well in his interviews too.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 17 Sep 2019, 22:09

He's right about the people in Orange and black in the town and people wanting to stop talk about rugby league
To be honest it was only one person who had the knives out proper for him and he dosnt come on now...
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 17 Sep 2019, 22:44

tigerfeat wrote: 17 Sep 2019, 22:09 He's right about the people in Orange and black in the town and people wanting to stop talk about rugby league
To be honest it was only one person who had the knives out proper for him and he dosnt come on now...
Oh, they’re still about Tigerfeat, even though they’re now on their third profile (ironic when they were the ones banging on about multiple profiles per user).

BOT....I still stand by what I said months ago that Cheyse Blair will come good after a full pre season with the team. He even alludes to it in his interview, how difficult it was for him getting off a plane and playing 48 hours later with a brand new team.

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 17 Sep 2019, 23:13

Good honest interview

Liked him from the start,opinion hasn't changed
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

alftupper
League One Player
League One Player

Post by alftupper » 18 Sep 2019, 06:04

Fumper27 wrote: 17 Sep 2019, 22:44

He even alludes to it in his interview, how difficult it was for him getting off a plane and playing 48 hours later with a brand new team.
completely understandable but he still looked like a fish out of water 48 days later. Looking forward to see him perform something like an NRL centre after a much mentioned pre season.

sirocco7
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sirocco7 » 18 Sep 2019, 06:46

Fumper27 wrote: 17 Sep 2019, 21:16 https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... ord-tigers

Thankfully this forum only represents a minority of our supporters. I for one like him and can’t wait until next season ! If I was a player I wouldn’t read this forum either.