Daniel smith

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.

Dez
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Daniel smith

Post by Dez » 02 Apr 2019, 17:14

Anyone who as watched Millington this season will realise this is a good signing . Smith is a good ball playing hard running forward like watts . Millington looks to be really struggling this year and i wonder if he as health issues..

Aid
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Aid » 02 Apr 2019, 17:41

Dez wrote:Anyone who as watched Millington this season will realise this is a good signing . Smith is a good ball playing hard running forward like watts . Millington looks to be really struggling this year and i wonder if he as health issues..
Millo was outstanding in the second half against Leeds
cum on you Ford

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 02 Apr 2019, 17:55

Can’t say I know anything about the new guy, never heard of him. That doesn’t usually bode well.

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 02 Apr 2019, 19:25

Dez wrote:Anyone who as watched Millington this season will realise this is a good signing . Smith is a good ball playing hard running forward like watts . Millington looks to be really struggling this year and i wonder if he as health issues..
i think millo has been fairly ordinary this year but this does not mean that it is a good signing,time will tell but it is underwhelming.

castigers2010
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by castigers2010 » 02 Apr 2019, 19:44

I have heard of him which is a start, having said that he hasn't left an impression with me so he can't have been that great in his last 5 seasons. Hopefully this is a good move for him and our style (or what used to be our style) of play benefits his game and he can become as valuable as Matt Cook as an impact sub.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 02 Apr 2019, 20:01

Well DP must have seen something in the guy so we need to wait and see what happens.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 02 Apr 2019, 20:03

Bramley Tiger wrote:
i think millo has been fairly ordinary this year but this does not mean that it is a good signing,time will tell but it is underwhelming.
Underwhelming. Out of interest who would you bring in ?

And be realistic not just random names

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 02 Apr 2019, 20:05

Tough one to ask to be fair as we won’t know who is available and at what price they would cost. There must be loads of discussions with players etc that don’t get much further than discussions for one reason or another.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 02 Apr 2019, 20:13

I cant say I know anything about the lad but if he is waring a CAS shirt on Friday he will have my full support only time will tell if he fits in

Anglo
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Anglo » 02 Apr 2019, 20:31

He's played 5 times for my team (Fev) on loan this season and last time I looked he was leading the Fev fans' man of the match awards on the TotalRL forum. He's a very solid all-round forward and can play big minutes, I wouldn't be surprised if he does well under Powell. We had Mitch Clark on loan last year and of the 2 I'd slightly prefer Smith to Clark though they are different types of players so you could argue it either way. It's a mystery to me why Huddersfield weren't playing him as I'd say he's definitely better than some of the forwards they have been playing this season.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 02 Apr 2019, 20:40

Cheers mate if you have him in front of Clark he will do for me
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 02 Apr 2019, 20:43

Anglo wrote:He's played 5 times for my team (Fev) on loan this season and last time I looked he was leading the Fev fans' man of the match awards on the TotalRL forum. He's a very solid all-round forward and can play big minutes, I wouldn't be surprised if he does well under Powell. We had Mitch Clark on loan last year and of the 2 I'd slightly prefer Smith to Clark though they are different types of players so you could argue it either way. It's a mystery to me why Huddersfield weren't playing him as I'd say he's definitely better than some of the forwards they have been playing this season.
That's great to hear mate Thanks for that

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 02 Apr 2019, 20:50

Another freebie were do we look for players on gumtree free adds .what happened to getting traffic cones out signings lol .do the club know minimum wage as gone up lol. what a waste off wage Paying wells. would a ambitious top for team really go down this route .Wish the lad good luck like its a big step up.

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 02 Apr 2019, 20:56

Most signings are free and off contract.

It’s very rare fees are paid for players.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 02 Apr 2019, 21:08

Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Tough one to ask to be fair as we won’t know who is available and at what price they would cost. There must be loads of discussions with players etc that don’t get much further than discussions for one reason or another.
True, which is why i asked. All this moaning on here about who we sign or don't etc.

Nobody has a clue what goes on behind the scenes.

Don't get me wrong id love a "get the cones out" signing one day but its doesn't guarantee anything other than its going to cost you alot of money.

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 02 Apr 2019, 21:10

fords wrote:
Lofthouse Tiger wrote:Tough one to ask to be fair as we won’t know who is available and at what price they would cost. There must be loads of discussions with players etc that don’t get much further than discussions for one reason or another.
True, which is why i asked. All this moaning on here about who we sign or don't etc.

Don't get me wrong id love a "get the cones out" signing one day but its doesn't guarantee anything other than its going to cost you alot of money.
Sorry mate, i really don't have a clue [-(
🐯 COYF!

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 02 Apr 2019, 21:17

fords wrote:

@FLOW

As above. Come on then who would you sign ?

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 02 Apr 2019, 21:20

Latrell Mitchell, Flow?

Think we could afford him if we do a whip round.
🐯 COYF!