Up next........the under performers.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Up next........the under performers.

Post by old cas lass » 24 Mar 2019, 11:31

Right lads and lasses.
The locals from headingley.
What we think, will Leeds feel a back lash from Friday, or will we be still sulking.
We need to see a reaction from each and everyone of them players, need to up there game 50%. Leeds played pretty well yesterday, especially in attack, there defence is pretty weak, we need to get into their faces with aggression like saints did to us.
Hurrell looks a beast and if we like him get a run on, no one will stop him.
He needs closing down as soon as he gets the ball. Easier said than done.

I’d like to think we will show a massive improvement and reaction.

Thoughts.

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Up next........the under performers.

Post by SuffolkTiger » 24 Mar 2019, 11:53

Very tough one to call.

They seem to be slowly improving and could have/should have won yesterday. Home advantage also gives them an edge.

Just not sure about us. I expect a positive reaction from our squad.

One thing both teams are struggling with is a lack of direction and class in the half back combinations.

I will go for a win for us - just.....

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 24 Mar 2019, 12:05

Our forwards are very good most of the season it's when they get taken on in the big games they fold which is worrying but expect them back to there best for this one
How will the players react to Powell running on the field... like someone said we will have to see as a coach you can get away with one of them type of stunts after that it will have the opposite reaction you wan't from the players
50-50 game for me
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 24 Mar 2019, 12:16

old cas lass wrote:Right lads and lasses.
The locals from headingley.
What we think, will Leeds feel a back lash from Friday, or will we be still sulking.
We need to see a reaction from each and everyone of them players, need to up there game 50%. Leeds played pretty well yesterday, especially in attack, there defence is pretty weak, we need to get into their faces with aggression like saints did to us.
Hurrell looks a beast and if we like him get a run on, no one will stop him.
He needs closing down as soon as he gets the ball. Easier said than done.

I’d like to think we will show a massive improvement and reaction.

Thoughts.
A Leeds win without doubt

HuddsTigers
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by HuddsTigers » 24 Mar 2019, 12:38

We handled Hurrell fairly well in the friendly and that’s Leeds’ go to ploy. Give it to Hurrell and hope he makes a break. They were really soft on their left edge so if we can win the pack battle and get a roll on that left hand side should have a real chance to score points.

I’m not worried at the moment. We always show resilience but it will be interesting to see what transpires this week in terms of Powell’s thinking. Players need to up their game and there’s nothing better than turning the screw on your local rivals.

We should want to go to Leeds and do everything we can to push them towards a relegation battle. I want to hurt them on the field after years of misery and gloating from their fans.
In the spirit of the final Blackadder episode - Goooodbyeee!

RonnieGibbs'forearm
League One Player
League One Player

Post by RonnieGibbs'forearm » 24 Mar 2019, 12:45

We have enough to beat them without doubt but they are due a win so we have be clinical and we have to have more desire to defend. Think it will be close. Need Powell to work some magic.

derbystiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by derbystiger » 24 Mar 2019, 14:58

Right, I'm back in positive mood after calming down from the other night. Back on the horse Thursday, right the wrongs from Friday and put on a performance. Cas by 18! Lets get plenty of fans across there and give the lads a lift.

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 24 Mar 2019, 15:43

Play like Friday we lose, show some fire and improvement we can win. As said surely the players have something about them to put last Friday to bed and move on. If they don’t we are in trouble.

Be interesting to see what combo we have on the right edge after Friday and the Wire game?

Leeds tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Leeds tiger » 24 Mar 2019, 16:01

We may have been awful last game but leeds have been poor all season and I don’t see how we lose to them really. We are better in every department I’d argue, that can’t have been said vs saints who lets face it have a better team than us on and off paper.

Swagger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Swagger » 24 Mar 2019, 16:29

Need more from our playmakers. We struggle to make breaks and rely too much on our forwards to do the hardwork.

Who knows, when we announce Chris Sandow on Tuesday he may be the difference we need :D

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 24 Mar 2019, 17:38

Swagger wrote:rely too much on our forwards to do the hardwork.
Erm....isn’t that what they’re there for???

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 24 Mar 2019, 18:33

Massive game for Leeds is this on Thursday. Wigan and Huddersfield are starting to pick up points and London who every one thought would be rock bottom are either winning games or narrowly losing out (should of beaten Hull today). London play Huddersfield next week, a very winnable game for them. If Leeds lose to us Thursday and London win, then Leeds should panic.

Ronnie
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Ronnie » 24 Mar 2019, 18:36

derbystiger wrote:Right, I'm back in positive mood after calming down from the other night. Back on the horse Thursday, right the wrongs from Friday and put on a performance. Cas by 18! Lets get plenty of fans across there and give the lads a lift.
Praise the lord!! Someone speaking sense and putting a positive spin on things. Please can we all just calm down and take stock of where we have come from and where we are. We have been beaten by the top 2 teams at the moment.... oh no, the world is coming to an end!!. Yes we were poor on Friday, but tell me that this doesn’t happen in sport from time to time, because it does!!. 5-6 years ago those beatings we every week (well seemed that way), but we react and move on and try our best to get the 2 points on offer....

We all love our team and I know some people take it more serious than others. Yes some people will have a crap week at work because of it (each to their own), let’s get to Leeds, sing our heads off and show the others we are CASTLEFORD TIGERS!!

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 24 Mar 2019, 19:31

It’s not the defeat that is the issue here it’s the manner of it as it was at Wigan last season. We often see this kind of thing with Cas and it shouldn’t be the case as often as it is but that’s where we are.

If we can improve in all areas, can’t get much worse than Friday, then we start to win games again. If not then what happens?

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 24 Mar 2019, 21:32

Wonder if Ferres will be up before the beak for his knees in the tackle yesterday?

SuffolkTiger
League One Player
League One Player

Post by SuffolkTiger » 25 Mar 2019, 01:35

cogito ergo sum wrote:Wonder if Ferres will be up before the beak for his knees in the tackle yesterday?
Deliberate act. Should have been a red card. Sums him up pretty well.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 25 Mar 2019, 09:09

no forecasting the result of this match from me , I thought we were in with a blow against Saints

fast hands
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by fast hands » 25 Mar 2019, 10:42

SuffolkTiger wrote:
cogito ergo sum wrote:Wonder if Ferres will be up before the beak for his knees in the tackle yesterday?
Deliberate act. Should have been a red card. Sums him up pretty well.
I for one hope he isn't suspended for Thursday, he gives penalty after penalty for fun. He might even get red carded or a definite yellow.

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 25 Mar 2019, 11:06

Should be banned. He knew what he was doing.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 25 Mar 2019, 12:52

Leeds away is the first fixture I look for when they come out, looking forward to this one. Still remember when all the Cas fans congregated in the concourse after we'd beat them for an 8th time in a row, Rugby AM and Godwin were there going mental, what an atmosphere.