Up next........the under performers.

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
casfanfromcov
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Up next........the under performers.

Post by casfanfromcov » 28 Mar 2019, 23:07

I didn't see the game, but I think it's harsh that any team who are level after 80 minutes don't get a point. Give the team that wins golden point 2 points and the team that loses 1 point. That is how it works in ice hockey, and I definitely think it's a much fairer way to reward a team that came so close

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 28 Mar 2019, 23:07

Bolton-tiger wrote:Does any one think that the penality on watts wasnt one or was it just me as he had the leeds player run into him and didnt seem to move..if he did move iv seen worse been let go.didnt deserve the win but thay game should have been ours truey infront of the sticks and macca scoots.poor 1st half cost us and that try agaisnt run of play didnt help things but lessons learnt hopefully but it just dosnt look like its going to get any easier for us because i can see macca getting a few matches sat on the side line but we did look better when pete went to half back and stiffened up that right edge up alot more than the 1st half.
Not only that, but Dwyer was standing beside the marker when ran into Watts, miles offside. Tonight we've seen the theatrical side of our game creeping in, with Myler's and Dwyer throwing themselves about trying to buy penalties.

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 28 Mar 2019, 23:09

Swagger wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:
Bolton-tiger wrote:Does any one think that the penality on watts wasnt one or was it just me as he had the leeds player run into him and didnt seem to move.
100% was not a penalty, Dwyer milked it and Wakey Thaler had the chance to deny Cas the win. It being Watts meant he got to add in some "credibility" to the call.
Watts moved off his line to his right. It was enough for a penalty. No complaints from me.
Agree swagger. Watts slightly drops his right shoulder. Yes, Dwyer milks it. Yes Dwyer wasn’t square at the play the ball but would our player of acted differently if he roles were reversed? I thought Thaler had a good game overall, apart from missing the swinging arm on Moors and the high shot on Milner as he got held up.

Bramley Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bramley Tiger » 28 Mar 2019, 23:10

we were diabolical for fifty odd minutes.absolutely shocking and tbh the better team won.i doubt any other team in our position wouldn't have gone for the drop goal with seconds to go.really poor game management.the brief hope given towards the end does not take away how poor we were again tonight.

TheSheriff
League One Player
League One Player

Post by TheSheriff » 28 Mar 2019, 23:13

Swagger wrote:
TheSheriff wrote:
Bolton-tiger wrote:Does any one think that the penality on watts wasnt one or was it just me as he had the leeds player run into him and didnt seem to move.
100% was not a penalty, Dwyer milked it and Wakey Thaler had the chance to deny Cas the win. It being Watts meant he got to add in some "credibility" to the call.
Watts moved off his line to his right. It was enough for a penalty. No complaints from me.
If you think that was a penalty then you think the "blocks" that sent Cas to Old Trafford were a penalty too because they were much worse...

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 28 Mar 2019, 23:14

Bramley Tiger wrote:we were diabolical for fifty odd minutes.absolutely shocking and tbh the better team won.i doubt any other team in our position wouldn't have gone for the drop goal with seconds to go.really poor game management.the brief hope given towards the end does not take away how poor we were again tonight.
We only got back into the game as Leeds tired, remember they played over in south of France on Saturday and was always going to struggle late on.
Lets not let the last 20 mins mask our problems.

Bolton-tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Bolton-tiger » 28 Mar 2019, 23:14

cogito ergo sum wrote:
Bolton-tiger wrote:Does any one think that the penality on watts wasnt one or was it just me as he had the leeds player run into him and didnt seem to move..if he did move iv seen worse been let go.didnt deserve the win but thay game should have been ours truey infront of the sticks and macca scoots.poor 1st half cost us and that try agaisnt run of play didnt help things but lessons learnt hopefully but it just dosnt look like its going to get any easier for us because i can see macca getting a few matches sat on the side line but we did look better when pete went to half back and stiffened up that right edge up alot more than the 1st half.
Not only that, but Dwyer was standing beside the marker when ran into Watts, miles offside. Tonight we've seen the theatrical side of our game creeping in, with Myler's and Dwyer throwing themselves about trying to buy penalties.
Amount of time myler was milking for a penality was shocking its about time they start and penalise them for doing it and give penalities the other way and theyll soon stop doing it.plays like that can cost teams games and can sway matches.if thaler gave a penilty we are then down in leeds half puttin preasure on there line instead of defending our own

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 28 Mar 2019, 23:15

Sharlotiger wrote:
Bramley Tiger wrote:we were diabolical for fifty odd minutes.absolutely shocking and tbh the better team won.i doubt any other team in our position wouldn't have gone for the drop goal with seconds to go.really poor game management.the brief hope given towards the end does not take away how poor we were again tonight.
We only got back into the game as Leeds tired, remember they played over in south of France on Saturday and was always going to struggle late on.
Lets not let the last 20 mins mask our problems.
Turner should of made that kick and Truman's DG should of stood.

That been said we didn't deserve to win anyway

Juscas
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Juscas » 28 Mar 2019, 23:21

No excuses We got exactly what we deserved which is bugger all
Terrible performance made to look better by an exciting finish.a decent team would of put 40 on either side tonight.

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 28 Mar 2019, 23:27

On a positive note,Pete moving to the right hand side in the 2nd half was successful. Shown enough in 20 minutes to show he can play right centre, Minikin back on the wing.

Turner will have to play next week as we don't appear to have another goal kicker (no Gale,Ellis,Rankin). Pity we only played from 60 minutes onwards.

heritage1926
League One Player
League One Player

Post by heritage1926 » 28 Mar 2019, 23:34

One thing i will say regarding tonight.

Liam Watts didn't deserve to be on a losing side tonight. What a performance in attack tonight. Only player who took it to Leeds tonight!

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 28 Mar 2019, 23:42

heritage1926 wrote:One thing i will say regarding tonight.

Liam Watts didn't deserve to be on a losing side tonight. What a performance in attack tonight. Only player who took it to Leeds tonight!
Agree completely. The club need to find another prop like him. Not the bargain bucket dross we seem to sign.

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 29 Mar 2019, 00:56

Watts only one playing for the badge at the moment in my opinion. Gives it his all every game and is head and shoulders above the rest of the lads
🐯 COYF!

Lofthouse Tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Lofthouse Tiger » 29 Mar 2019, 08:06

Bolton-tiger wrote:
cogito ergo sum wrote:
Amount of time myler was milking for a penality was shocking its about time they start and penalise them for doing it and give penalities the other way and theyll soon stop doing it.plays like that can cost teams games and can sway matches.if thaler gave a penilty we are then down in leeds half puttin preasure on there line instead of defending our own
Myler was an absolute disgrace last night. To see rugby league players diving for penalties says a lot about him, his team and his coach. Pathetic to watch.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 29 Mar 2019, 09:30

heritage1926 wrote:One thing i will say regarding tonight.

Wasn't the only player Cook did too. The rest were garbage

Black n Amber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Black n Amber » 29 Mar 2019, 09:31

Am I right in thinking when Truey put stroke wide of the post for his second attempt at goal, Jack Walker carried the ball dead in goal, which should of been a penalty bang in front with 2 left on the clock? where I was standing the ball looked too of bounced inside the whitewash, but Thaler blew for a tap 20 and couldn’t wait to restart the game quick enough. regardless of this we had numerous chances to bury Leeds they were out on their feet that last 20 mins, this along with the positional changes changed the game in our favour, massively disappointing to then go and loose the game in the fashion we did. just on Powell, I think he had a clear pop at Wells and Grattan in his post match presser when he said “their are players in their i wouldn’t pick if I had options, theirs clearly a few boys who are not quite good enough”.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 29 Mar 2019, 09:43

There strong words from Powell and justified too and it's not just wells and gratton the previous bloke started the ball rolling in the winter of 2017 you can't go on with this kind of recruitment and expect to be top four no chance long term
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

CasRus
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by CasRus » 29 Mar 2019, 09:46

Bit concerning is Milner's form !

He is not the player of last year and is too lightweight for me.

Foster is also lightweight for me although that helped him get past Lard-arse Hurrell for his try being much quicker due to weight ratio.

Minikin for me is better out on the wing but need a good centre coming in I think which I would put Matatuia there and bring in Turner at FB as he played really well apart from his goal miss that is ! He brought down Watkins really well when he was away and which I thought he would score.

Not sure what Eden was about last night and game before - he's not cracking any pots just now either !

Trueman for me is going to be world class - shame Watts was penalised when he put the Drop Goal over.

It will all come right at the end of the season when we have a few back and that's where we need to be doing the business although I'd wager that ST.Helens look on for the treble this year !

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 29 Mar 2019, 09:50

Black n Amber wrote:Am I right in thinking when Truey put stroke wide of the post for his second attempt at goal, Jack Walker carried the ball dead in goal, which should of been a penalty bang in front with 2 left on the clock? where I was standing the ball looked too of bounced inside the whitewash, but Thaler blew for a tap 20 and couldn’t wait to restart the game quick enough. regardless of this we had numerous chances to bury Leeds they were out on their feet that last 20 mins, this along with the positional changes changed the game in our favour, massively disappointing to then go and loose the game in the fashion we did. just on Powell, I think he had a clear pop at Wells and Grattan in his post match presser when he said “their are players in their i wouldn’t pick if I had options, theirs clearly a few boys who are not quite good enough”.
I thought that so watched it back. Walker caught it after it bounced on the line. You hear Thaler say " On the line" as he points to 22.

Black n Amber
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Black n Amber » 29 Mar 2019, 10:01

CasRus wrote:Bit concerning is Milner's form !

He is not the player of last year and is too lightweight for me.

Foster is also lightweight for me although that helped him get past Lard-arse Hurrell for his try being much quicker due to weight ratio.

Minikin for me is better out on the wing but need a good centre coming in I think which I would put Matatuia there and bring in Turner at FB as he played really well apart from his goal miss that is ! He brought down Watkins really well when he was away and which I thought he would score.

Not sure what Eden was about last night and game before - he's not cracking any pots just now either !

Trueman for me is going to be world class - shame Watts was penalised when he put the Drop Goal over.

It will all come right at the end of the season when we have a few back and that's where we need to be doing the business although I'd wager that ST.Helens look on for the treble this year !
In fairness to Watkins, the lads clearly still struggling from the ACL he suffered, at times he looked like he was playing on 1 leg, what that says about captain fantastic playing opposite him is anyone’s guess, who managed to saurnter through yet another 80 mins without putting a dent in him, 2 more years :lol: