Our Right Hand Side

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Re: Our Right Hand Side

Post by Mysterio » 19 Mar 2019, 13:12

I always try to remember this when we don’t sign a player who I feel would definitely strengthen us:

The Cas ethos and way, player personality, influence, hidden drug taking; there’s all sorts of stuff known within RL circles which is why DP or JW won’t touch certain blokes with a barge pole.

It’s one strength of JW; he’ll hear all sorts above the norm. Even more than DP.
Audacter Et Sincere

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 19 Mar 2019, 13:53

Mysterio wrote:I always try to remember this when we don’t sign a player who I feel would definitely strengthen us:

The Cas ethos and way, player personality, influence, hidden drug taking; there’s all sorts of stuff known within RL circles which is why DP or JW won’t touch certain blokes with a barge pole.

It’s one strength of JW; he’ll hear all sorts above the norm. Even more than DP.
Whilst I don't doubt there's an element of truth in your ethos theory, we did of course sign Hardaker and indeed, Chase again, both with a chequered history.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 19 Mar 2019, 14:07

Flat Capper wrote:
Mysterio wrote:I always try to remember this when we don’t sign a player who I feel would definitely strengthen us:

Whilst I don't doubt there's an element of truth in your ethos theory, we did of course sign Hardaker and indeed, Chase again, both with a chequered history.
Hear ya.

But..Both (possibly) would have died for the club whilst playing here and had their hearts in the right place (at certain times, even If their heads weren’t).

Troubled young men, but when DP spoke with them I’m sure he weighed them up and on balance thought they were worth his and his squad’s time.

On the other hand, Daryl might not see the moral or personal fibre in someone like Gelling....

I’m probably not making any sense but I know what I mean :D :D :D
Audacter Et Sincere

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 19 Mar 2019, 14:07

Cue Gelling signing within the next 48 hrs,
Audacter Et Sincere

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Mar 2019, 14:11

i think we did ask about gelling but a widnes sponser paying him a lot of money so maybe that got killed off quick
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by old cas lass » 19 Mar 2019, 17:42

Gelling is back in oz for two weeks.
He’s preparing to move his family over to Widnes.
Can’t see him being in a cas shirt any time ever.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 19 Mar 2019, 17:42

Mysterio wrote: Hear ya.

But..Both (possibly) would have died for the club whilst playing here and had their hearts in the right place (at certain times, even If their heads weren’t).

Troubled young men, but when DP spoke with them I’m sure he weighed them up and on balance thought they were worth his and his squad’s time.

On the other hand, Daryl might not see the moral or personal fibre in someone like Gelling....

I’m probably not making any sense but I know what I mean :D :D :D
I don't think anyone should ignore the fact that you can become a RL player, regardless of your background. Many a top player has come from the rough side of town. I'd like to think DP has the ability, in most cases, to provide sufficient direction for the rough diamonds that he can polish.

This is why I'd never rule out signing someone with the odd misdemeanor rather than ruling anyone who doesn't appear to fit the bill.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 21 Mar 2019, 00:18

Intresting wakey not messing about replacing johnson all ready.got some body lined up .Chester said light now on outside backs going all out to strengthening back line signing next week or so .wish we reacted as quick. to replace webster lol :oops:

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 21 Mar 2019, 06:52

flow wrote:Intresting wakey not messing about replacing johnson all ready.got some body lined up .Chester said light now on outside backs going all out to strengthening back line signing next week or so .wish we reacted as quick. to replace webster lol :oops:
Even if that signing for Wakefield turns out to be someone like MCB??

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 21 Mar 2019, 08:56

flow wrote:Intresting wakey not messing about replacing johnson all ready.got some body lined up .Chester said light now on outside backs going all out to strengthening back line signing next week or so .wish we reacted as quick. to replace webster lol :oops:
Think Carter at wakey a smart cookie ..certainly looks like he's not dillyd and dallyd about getting a replacement in for his injured winger
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 21 Mar 2019, 10:02

tigerfeat wrote:
Think Carter at wakey a smart cookie ..certainly looks like he's not dillyd and dallyd about getting a replacement in for his injured winger
Says more about Wakey's squad depth than the quality of the chairman (although I rate Carter).

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 21 Mar 2019, 10:54

cogito ergo sum wrote:
tigerfeat wrote:
Says more about Wakey's squad depth than the quality of the chairman (although I rate Carter).
Weird comment weres are strenght in centres and wing

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 21 Mar 2019, 17:11

Comment about Wakey, not us.

dettoriman
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: Dettoriman

Post by dettoriman » 21 Mar 2019, 17:14

I'd judge who comes in first for Wakefield before commenting.

If its Lineham/MCB it's a stop gap. Not a long term option.

We do not want a stop gap player. We've already got one in Rankin
Loyalty Costs Nothing !

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 21 Mar 2019, 19:00

dettoriman wrote:I'd judge who comes in first for Wakefield before commenting.

If its Lineham/MCB it's a stop gap. Not a long term option.

We do not want a stop gap player. We've already got one in Rankin
I am with you mate don't sign one till the correct one comes along ,we did not do too bad keeping our powder dry last year