Our Right Hand Side

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Our Right Hand Side

Post by flow » 18 Mar 2019, 10:33

gateman wrote:I agree RE Foster over the past games he as played he as nullified the opposite centre a bad day at the office yesterday, lets hope he gets back on the horse on Friday as both the Saints centres are class
I appreciate your faith in a player but simple he is not a centre and never will be . But with a bit off bad judgement by powell or who holds the purse strings, we decided we did not need a couple off more decent outside backs so were left with very little choice. If shenton gets injured or starts under performing again we really are up the old creak with out a paddle in the backs and that my friend is not the way to win a championship . 8-[ 8-[

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Mar 2019, 10:54

Flow we all know we need a centre , but at this moment in time we have to go with what we have , Foster on his day tackles like a demon , and for me he should play against Saints

mart0042
Championship Player
Championship Player
Location: behind the table in the lab deep under Racoon City.....

Post by mart0042 » 18 Mar 2019, 11:11

flow wrote:
gateman wrote:I agree RE Foster over the past games he as played he as nullified the opposite centre a bad day at the office yesterday, lets hope he gets back on the horse on Friday as both the Saints centres are class
I appreciate your faith in a player but simple he is not a centre and never will be . But with a bit off bad judgement by powell or who holds the purse strings, we decided we did not need a couple off more decent outside backs so were left with very little choice. If shenton gets injured or starts under performing again we really are up the old creak with out a paddle in the backs and that my friend is not the way to win a championship . 8-[ 8-[
I wouldn't say it was bad judgement by DP, maybe he wasn't expecting losing 2 halfbacks before a ball was kicked and then another in game 2. We can't do with just truey and had to act.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 18 Mar 2019, 11:32

mart0042 wrote:
flow wrote:
I appreciate your faith in a player but simple he is not a centre and never will be . But with a bit otff bad judgement by powell or who holds the purse strings, we decided we did not need a couple off more decent outside backs so were left with very little choice. If shenton gets injured or starts under performing again we really are up the old creak with out a paddle in the backs and that my friend is not the way to win a championship . 8-[ 8-[
I wouldn't say it was bad judgement by DP, maybe he wasn't expecting losing 2 halfbacks before a ball was kicked and then another in game 2. We can't do with just truey and had to act.
Please tell me what losing half back. Is to do with centre position

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Mar 2019, 11:44

Swapping Wardle for Rankin but there's a problem with that thinking as Wardle never played for cas like he did that game when giants played pie eaters
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 18 Mar 2019, 11:46

Roberts could also have done a job at centre but he is always not available for selection
Vince Lombardi

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 18 Mar 2019, 13:00

In 2017 the right hand edge was McMeeken,Roberts,Webster & Minikin. Yesterday only of of those 4 played,he is clearly lacking abit of confidence at the moment (all top level sportsmen will at some point go through the same thing at some point) but the quality is there hope he gets his mojo back soon.

Rather than hang whoever plays down that side out to dry every game maybe we should question why we don't or can't play
Ben Roberts at this present time?!

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 18 Mar 2019, 13:13

duke street 10 wrote:In 2017 the right hand edge was McMeeken,Roberts,Webster & Minikin. Yesterday only of of those 4 played,he is clearly lacking abit of confidence at the moment (all top level sportsmen will at some point go through the same thing at some point) but the quality is there hope he gets his mojo back soon.

Rather than hang whoever plays down that side out to dry every game maybe we should question why we don't or can't play
Ben Roberts at this present time?!
Ref Roberts comment. We would all know the answer to that if the club told us. But we have heard nowt from them. He came on as sub in game 2 and nothing has been said since why he has not featured.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 18 Mar 2019, 13:38

last I heard Benny was walking round in a moon boot, he may be training for the next rocket launch , the lad must be terribly unlucky or he as fell out with the game either one he is an expensive luxury our club can ill afford

p.s.
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by p.s. » 18 Mar 2019, 22:08

Roberts would be my choice at centre but he never comes out of hibernation until June/july. Foster is too easily wrong footed and flies out of the line too often

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 19 Mar 2019, 00:54

Why don't all you with superior knowledge turn up at training and tell DP where he is going wrong, who to sign and where to get the money from, I am sure he would appreciate your input.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 19 Mar 2019, 08:48

sparky49 wrote:Why don't all you with superior knowledge turn up at training and tell DP where he is going wrong, who to sign and where to get the money from, I am sure he would appreciate your input.
nice answer mate

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 19 Mar 2019, 10:41

gateman wrote:
sparky49 wrote:Why don't all you with superior knowledge turn up at training and tell DP where he is going wrong, who to sign and where to get the money from, I am sure he would appreciate your input.
nice answer mate
be a very boring forum mate you would only need one post lmao, in fact the forum would be pointless if your hinting at people shunt have a opinion in less got a grade one coaching badge . Powell is one off best coaches in super league for sure but people don't have to agree with every thing he does or every player he signs or lack of players. if he was perfect we would not be discussing right side every week in less off cause in your opinion you think its fine and we have no problems to discuss . :roll: :roll:

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 19 Mar 2019, 11:02

flow wrote:
gateman wrote:
nice answer mate
be a very boring forum mate you would only need one post lmao, in fact the forum would be pointless if your hinting at people shunt have a opinion in less got a grade one coaching badge . Powell is one off best coaches in super league for sure but people don't have to agree with every thing he does or every player he signs or lack of players. if he was perfect we would not be discussing right side every week in less off cause in your opinion you think its fine and we have no problems to discuss . :roll: :roll:
I am not hinting at people not having an opinion it's the ones having a go at Powell for not seeming to know we are weak there. I am sure DP would love to strengthen the back line but with who and where is the cash. The top try scorers in most teams are the wingers which would signify that all teams have weaknesses in their three quarter line, not just us.

fords
League One Player
League One Player

Post by fords » 19 Mar 2019, 11:30

sparky49 wrote:
flow wrote:
gateman wrote:
nice answer mate
I am not hinting at people not having an opinion it's the ones having a go at Powell for not seeming to know we are weak there. I am sure DP would love to strengthen the back line but with who and where is the cash. The top try scorers in most teams are the wingers which would signify that all teams have weaknesses in their three quarter line, not just us.
There was plenty to sign in the off season. Posted it somewhere on a thread. Cant remember which now though

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 19 Mar 2019, 13:12

I always try to remember this when we don’t sign a player who I feel would definitely strengthen us:

The Cas ethos and way, player personality, influence, hidden drug taking; there’s all sorts of stuff known within RL circles which is why DP or JW won’t touch certain blokes with a barge pole.

It’s one strength of JW; he’ll hear all sorts above the norm. Even more than DP.
Audacter Et Sincere

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 19 Mar 2019, 13:53

Mysterio wrote:I always try to remember this when we don’t sign a player who I feel would definitely strengthen us:

The Cas ethos and way, player personality, influence, hidden drug taking; there’s all sorts of stuff known within RL circles which is why DP or JW won’t touch certain blokes with a barge pole.

It’s one strength of JW; he’ll hear all sorts above the norm. Even more than DP.
Whilst I don't doubt there's an element of truth in your ethos theory, we did of course sign Hardaker and indeed, Chase again, both with a chequered history.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 19 Mar 2019, 14:07

Flat Capper wrote:
Mysterio wrote:I always try to remember this when we don’t sign a player who I feel would definitely strengthen us:

Whilst I don't doubt there's an element of truth in your ethos theory, we did of course sign Hardaker and indeed, Chase again, both with a chequered history.
Hear ya.

But..Both (possibly) would have died for the club whilst playing here and had their hearts in the right place (at certain times, even If their heads weren’t).

Troubled young men, but when DP spoke with them I’m sure he weighed them up and on balance thought they were worth his and his squad’s time.

On the other hand, Daryl might not see the moral or personal fibre in someone like Gelling....

I’m probably not making any sense but I know what I mean :D :D :D
Audacter Et Sincere

Mysterio
League One Player
League One Player

Post by Mysterio » 19 Mar 2019, 14:07

Cue Gelling signing within the next 48 hrs,
Audacter Et Sincere

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 19 Mar 2019, 14:11

i think we did ask about gelling but a widnes sponser paying him a lot of money so maybe that got killed off quick
Vince Lombardi