Next.....Salford

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
old cas lass
Verified
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Next.....Salford

Post by old cas lass » 09 Mar 2019, 19:06

Looking good against Catalans.
With hopefully Holmes and Milner back, who we need badly.
Who or what will the 17 be.

Watching them rip apart Catalans this game will be tough.
Gonna need every one firering.

Let’s get a big crowd down lane, Sunday afternoon, no excuse.

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Re: Next.....Salford

Post by tigerfeat » 09 Mar 2019, 19:19

Good team Salford theve got some good players and two outstanding ones Hastings and evalds and a good young coach as well
Same time Catalans havnt looked interested from minute one
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Nu Shooze
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nu Shooze » 09 Mar 2019, 19:47

Best tighten those edges up or they could have a field day.

Sharlotiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Sharlotiger » 09 Mar 2019, 20:30

Salfords left edge attack as been amazing, brilliant tries, wonder if DP will make any changes down our right hand side?

Nobody
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by Nobody » 09 Mar 2019, 20:45

Sharlotiger wrote:Salfords left edge attack as been amazing, brilliant tries, wonder if DP will make any changes down our right hand side?
I hope so or it's gonna be a long day.
🐯 COYF!

SWISS TONY!!
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by SWISS TONY!! » 09 Mar 2019, 20:56

Great display from salford today but catalans attitude was shocking. A very petulant team!

An agressive defence is the way forward. Should be a good game!
Long Live The Monkey Munch!!!

daytona
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by daytona » 09 Mar 2019, 21:05

Brilliant performance by Salford and they played some really exciting attacking rugby. Makes you wonder why the top teams still look for overseas coaches when we have some outstanding British coaches like Watson. Will be a really tough one for us next Sunday but after that performance I’m sure there will be no complacency from us, and we’ll be ready to play a really good side playing well.

flood light tiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flood light tiger » 09 Mar 2019, 21:18

Was Salford that good or was catalan that bad?

the machine
Super League Player
Super League Player
Twitter: @dphartshorne

Post by the machine » 09 Mar 2019, 21:24

flood light tiger wrote:Was Salford that good or was catalan that bad?
6 of 1,half a dozen of the other
"I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something, but I cannot accept not trying"

Michael Jordan

duke street 10
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by duke street 10 » 10 Mar 2019, 09:29

Given the Kasiano signing was announced mid week and he won't be on peanuts, you wonder if the 1st team squad got wind of his new salary?

Salford scored some cracking tries but teams in the Championship would of turned Catalans over with their attitude. We should also note Leeds stuck 40 points on Salford at home!. As a previous poster said get among them with aggressive but disciplined defence.

flow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by flow » 10 Mar 2019, 09:36

makes you wonder who is funding Salford now certainly not there crowd turn over . they have signed a lot better then us off season, we would definitely go bust if we had there attendances

tigerfeat
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by tigerfeat » 10 Mar 2019, 09:53

duke street 10 wrote:Given the Kasiano signing was announced mid week and he won't be on peanuts, you wonder if the 1st team squad got wind of his new salary?

Salford scored some cracking tries but teams in the Championship would of turned Catalans over with their attitude. We should also note Leeds stuck 40 points on Salford at home!. As a previous poster said get among them with aggressive but disciplined defence.
I think you may have a point they looked a top four or five side against warrington yesterday they didn't want to know very strange
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have
Vince Lombardi

Fumper27
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by Fumper27 » 10 Mar 2019, 10:49

flow wrote:makes you wonder who is funding Salford now certainly not there crowd turn over . they have signed a lot better then us off season, we would definitely go bust if we had there attendances
Salford will be like we were a few years back, having to pay over the odds for above average players, as they know they have no chance of winning any silverware.

gateman
Championship Player
Championship Player

Post by gateman » 11 Mar 2019, 09:56

before the match I had Catalan for an easy win, every thing went Salford's way and they looked good but Catalan were woeful , looking forward to Sundays match it should be a good contest , I am going for a Cas win 24-12 COME ON YE FORD

lidds
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by lidds » 11 Mar 2019, 12:28

Hastings has a great pear of hands on him to find a quick flick pass out doesn't he. Be interesting to see where he ends up next year.

As mentioned earlier this is the same Salford that let Leeds (Yes the played 6 won 1 Leeds) put 46 past them a few weeks back. So would still expect a win by around 16-18 points

mdean
Academy Player
Academy Player
Twitter: Sacked social media

Post by mdean » 11 Mar 2019, 12:57

This is one of those interesting ones, Salford are obviously looking up.
While you can't take anything for granted, if we plan to be in the top 4 again, then this is one we need to win regardless of how we play.

But Salford will be saying the same, I hope the weather is a bit friendlier for some rugby this weekend.

( I was briefly in Yorkshire this weekend, had Radio Leeds on, Keighley won, but if it was cold and windy elsewhere, I hate to think what Cougar Park was like, it is -3 and windy there in August!)

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 11 Mar 2019, 15:30

flow wrote:makes you wonder who is funding Salford now certainly not there crowd turn over . they have signed a lot better then us off season, we would definitely go bust if we had there attendances
i did wonder myself, but it was noticeable that cuckoocash walked out alongside the salford players when they played saints.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

lurcher
Verified
Super League Player
Super League Player

Post by lurcher » 11 Mar 2019, 15:32

tigerfeat wrote:
duke street 10 wrote:Given the Kasiano signing was announced mid week and he won't be on peanuts, you wonder if the 1st team squad got wind of his new salary?

I think you may have a point they looked a top four or five side against warrington yesterday they didn't want to know very strange
mcbanana has announced he is holding a full internal club investigation over the performance against salford.
jo brand is eddie warings love child

westerbeast
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by westerbeast » 11 Mar 2019, 15:44

A lot of the Salford tries were down to very poor defence from Catalan. Dont think they will find it that easy against Cas that's for sure. Let's see what they have left in the tank after 60 mins of Cas attacking them.

Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Post by Flat Capper » 11 Mar 2019, 18:29

lurcher wrote:mcbanana has announced he is holding a full internal club investigation over the performance against salford.
The Club would be better served by a full investigation into McB's ability to retain control of the dressing room...
Spreading the Cas gene pool