Next.....Salford

All things related to the Castleford Tigers.
Flat Capper
Grand Final Winner
Grand Final Winner

Re: Next.....Salford

Post by Flat Capper » 18 Mar 2019, 18:23

Fumper27 wrote: Again, not accurate. The penalty was given for lying on in the ruck. This happened before McShane reacted, therefore us getting the penalty was the right call
But the ref can reverse the penalty for a reaction to the original offence, seen it done many times.
Spreading the Cas gene pool

cogito ergo sum
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by cogito ergo sum » 18 Mar 2019, 22:19

Flat Capper wrote:
Fumper27 wrote: Again, not accurate. The penalty was given for lying on in the ruck. This happened before McShane reacted, therefore us getting the penalty was the right call
But the ref can reverse the penalty for a reaction to the original offence, seen it done many times.
I've seen a penalty reversed in RU but can't recall one in RL. Certainly nothing in the laws about penalty reversals. Many times you see players reacting, sometimes mass brawls, but the penalty still goes for the first offence.

baldtiger
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by baldtiger » 18 Mar 2019, 22:30

duke street 10 wrote:I was impressed with Salford yesterday, the spine of that side is good and they will cause other teams lots of problems.

Hit & miss performance by us but a ugly win counts on the League table!
Just what i felt , but you put better , a ground out win n 2 points . that will do for now ..

sparky49
Academy Player
Academy Player

Post by sparky49 » 19 Mar 2019, 00:46

cogito ergo sum wrote:
Flat Capper wrote:
I've seen a penalty reversed in RU but can't recall one in RL. Certainly nothing in the laws about penalty reversals. Many times you see players reacting, sometimes mass brawls, but the penalty still goes for the first offence.

The penalty decision can be reversed on the intervention of a touch judge and i have seen this done many times, as will a lot of the older supporters. Now the same should apply on the intervention of the video ref for foul play.